[Resolved] United India Insurance Company [UIIC] — not a complaint - but information for others - had around 45 days of claim process exp.
Posting this as a information for others - might be helpful.
Our commercial vehicle/car got stuck in mumbai flood on 28-aug-2017, which toed to workshop on 29 aug and then we got insurance surveyor visit on 31-aug.
In our case surveyor and workshop people said we will do document formalities with in us (Like estimate, go ahead, final bill checks etc). But you need to be careful, otherwise after even month of delivery of your vehicle you would require to collect documents for claim process. (And if your home branch and workshop is in different cites then it would be nightmare)
So below are the steps/documents you need to follow/keep in mind. Also be patient claim process might require 1 or 2 months
1. Before delivery of your vehicle, even though they (Insurance surveyor and workshop) said we had, get copy of estimate with sign and rubber stamp of workshop.
2. Final bill of workshop again with sign and rubber stamp
3. If bill has been paid through net banking/card then statement of bank showing that transaction.
Below docs - which usually you will have
3. Physical copy of claim form filled - even though you have submitted scan copy earlier
4. Driver licence copy and original to verify
5. All vehicle docs rc, insurance, permit copies and originals to verify
6. Pan card copy of owner signed and with rubber stamp of your tourist company on that page.
You have to follow for every step on your own, otherwise process might go long.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 2, 2018
After all steps mentioned in complaint, UIIC processed claim.
|2 Comments Updated:||Share0Tweet0|