[Resolved] Vodafone India — incorrectly charged for mobile data which is not used

Mumbai, Mumbai City District, Maharashtra, India
 Bells81 on Jan 9, 2019
As per the bill received for the month of December 2018, I have been incorrectly charged Rs.115.55 + GST for mobile data which I have not used at all.

I have switched off my mobile data in my mobile settings from last two years and there is no way it can be turned on.

Also when I had requested for activation of International Roaming I had clearly asked Customer Care Representative to deactivate Mobile Data. Now if they have not taken request it is issue from Vodafone’s side.

Also I had shared screenshot of Mobile Setting of my mobile which clearly shows that 0 bytes used. Also Vodafone app shows 0.0 MB used.

I tried explaining this issue to Customer Care that there seems to be some system glitch or error from their end. But they are adamant that the charges cannot be reversed.

I requested Customer Care to show me proof sites accessed by me. But Customer Care is giving excuse that due to privacy issue they cannot share the data as they do not have it.

Till date I have sent 6 emails to customer care and 3 emails to Appellate Officer in just 7 days. I have just received system generated sample replies. Exactly same to same Copy Paste.

I am really disappointed with the service. I called Appellate officer Shanthi Sharma but instead of her, some Mr. Vivek Jaisawal who claims to be team member of Ms. Shanthi Sharma and acting like final authority not letting me speak with anyone else spoke very rudely with me. He had no respect for Customer. He said clearly that customers say lie to get waiver. I requested him to investigate my case as I genuinely did not use Mobile Data but he said that they will not do anything. If system shows usage means you have to pay.

If this is how Vodafone plans to loot customers then the day is not far when it will go down. They should understand they are in Customer Service domain and if they hire such rude people it defeats the purpose of Customer Service.
Proper training and qualified people should be recruited. And it is because of customers money company is working. I have visited many countries and everywhere customer service is top notch. Such a professionalism and clear facts. I feel Vodafone India should invest in customer care executive training before making them face the customers.

After this I am just waiting to go back to India and disconnect with Vodafone. I will make sure that all my family members discontinue with this provider.
Complaint marked as Resolved Feb 11, 2019

[Jan 10, 2019] Vodafone India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Vodafone India Customer Care's response, Jan 11, 2019
Hi!

We have made a note of your concern. We'll contact you soon.

Vodafone India

Comments

Please contact me via email as I am not in India. Thanks.
Till date no one from Vodafone has contacted me. Worst customer service.

19574
    +91 22 7171 5000 (HQ)
    Vodafone India - incorrectly charged for mobile data which is not used