Volkswagen India — epc light came on dashboard

gsoni15 on Dec 30, 2017
All vw owners must read.
I brought a vw polo 1.2 litre petrol in 2011, due to proximity to my office my usage of car is very minimal and i have drove it in total around

32k km so far. Suddenly one day epc light comes on my dashboard, so ready online about it and it says there could be multiple reasons why this
Light could lit up, but because nobody else can open up vw card, i am bound to go to vw workshop, so i send card for checkup.
First of all for 1 and half day they couldn't figure out what the issue is.
Towards the end of 2nd day, i am told that they need to replace one of cylinders which would cost me rs. 60000.
I am also told that it's been more than 6 years now, so your car is old now and can have issues.
Also they say we don't repair anything in workshop everything has to be replaced with a new part!!!

Thoroughly dissappointed with this vw experience.

I am giving it one more try to talk to someone else, if i get any positive reply.

[Dec 30, 2017] Volkswagen India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Volkswagen India Customer Care's response, Jan 06, 2018
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars!

This is in reference to your complaint received through Consumer complaint website addressed to Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd.

We request you to please share your car registration no. & contact details in order to enable us to address to your Query/Concern.

Assuring you our best services always.

Yours’ Sincerely,

E-mail customer.care@volkswagen.co.in.
Website www.volkswagen.co.in
Volkswagen India Customer Care's response, Jan 13, 2018
Dear Sir/Ma’am,

Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars!

This is in reference to your feedback dated 30th Dec, 2017.

We have not received any response to our request dated 30th dec, 2017 for sharing with us your car registration no. & contact details in order to enable us to address to your Query/Concern.

We understand, your concern is resolved and performance of your vehicle is meeting your utmost satisfaction.

In case of any further support of clarification please feel free to contact us at customer.care@volkswagen.co.in or[protected].

We value your association with us, assuring you our best services always.

Yours’ Sincerely,
Customer Care
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India
Complaint comments  0 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

+91 22 3313 7000 [Corp Office]
    4th Floor, Silver Utopia, Cardinal Gracious Road, Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India - 400099
    Volkswagen India - epc light came on dashboard