Voltas — voltas 1 ton window ac (model no. 123, lzf copper condenser) - faulty

Indore, Indore District, Madhya Pradesh, India
 RahulChouhan407 on Jun 13, 2019
Order Number: OD[protected]Bought from Flipkart)
Order Date: May 25, 2019
Date of Receiving: May 27
Date applied for replacement: June 6, 2019

I ordered a Voltas 1 ton Window AC (Model No. 123LZF, Copper Condenser) from Flipkart. When I received it the front grill was broken as 2 window direction leafs and the side that holds the leafs were missing (pic attached). When I discussed it with the people from Voltas who came for Installation they gave me 2 options:
1. Either you apply for replacement or
2. We will order a new front grill for you and replace it when it comes.

I agreed for the 2nd option and got the AC installed. However, I waited for the new front grill. After 4 days when I followed up with Voltas regarding the grill, they told me that they were not able to arrange the grill and you can apply for the product replacement on Flipkart. Being the 10th day (the last day of product replacement as per the flipkart return policy), I applied for replacement on June 06, 2019.

Here is when the cheating happened. I told Voltas about the replacement. Voltas people came the next day and uninstalled the Window AC and kept it in the box so that Flipkart people would come and take the defective AC when the new AC comes.

However, after 2 days I saw that Flipkart has rejected my product replacement request. They also mentioned that the Technician visited on 10th of June (in the tracking status). 2 technicians from Voltas came and uninstalled the AC and charged us INR 350. The AC was kept uninstalled for 3 days and we again had to install the same when my replacement request was rejected. Voltas people had charged me INR 350 for uninstallation and told that Flipkart would reverse the charges after the new AC comes and is installed.

To be precise: Cheating and Fraud was done by Voltas. Rejecting the replacement request is because Voltas sent its technician with the request number generated by Flipkart ([protected]) and did not update Flipkart after the task was done. Flipkart than rejected my return request by telling the reason (Pending return approval). The issue is: Voltas did not update Flipkart and thus my return was rejected. They kept on saying why would we update Flipkart (that means they were unaware of the process). Anyways, we were suffering.

Now the Voltas people have again installed the same AC and said that we would give you a new Front Grill when it is available. This time the installation was also not proper.

I have been harassed, cheated and misguided throughout and we had to go for an installation, than an un-installation and than an installation thus wasting everybody's time and energy.

Desirable Resolution:
1. I want an apology from Voltas.
2. Front frill of AC to be sent to me and installed ASAP.
3. A refund of INR 350 which they charged for uninstalling the AC when I made a replacement request to Flipkart. Flipkart does not even know that the work was done and INR 350 was taken from me.

Note: I am not going to apply for the replacement again as installing and uninstalling an AC again and again is not a joke.

- Rahul Chouhan

voltas 1 ton window ac (model no. 123, lzf copper condenser) - faulty

[Jun 14, 2019] Voltas customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Voltas Customer Care's response, Jun 14, 2019
Dear Rahul Chouhan,

Thanks for voicing your concern. Please be assured that we are working on your problem and we will get in touch with you at the earliest. For any further assistance, please write to us at voltas.[protected]@gmail.com.

Voltas Online Team
Voltas Customer Care's response, Jul 06, 2019
Dear Rahul Chouhan

We hope your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Please feel free to give us your feedback at voltas.[protected]@gmail.com.

Voltas Online Team