Western Digital — loss of data from 2tb external hard disk

540/14 Sarsuna Main Road, Satin Sen Pally, Bombai Bagan, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
 Pranay Kr Thakur on May 8, 2019
Recently i had purchased a new 2tb wd external hard disk which all within few months had come up with a problem that it had stopped reading my data stored in it. So i had to take hhd to service center and from there i was informed that data your hard disk has been corrupted and you cannot use this hard disk any further if you want to retrieve data it can be retrieved but it is chargeable so i had to pay around 50, 000 rupees in order to receive that data which was in the old hard disk now i have been informed that this hard disk after retrieving data will be of no use so in order to collect the data i had to purchase one more hard disk from an online site it was again found that after a few months later after data retrieval very same problem was seen in the new hhd that i had purchased. So i just want to know who is responsible this my data loss and my hard disk is not working as well my only concern is is if i don't get my data back i am going lodge an fir. Just inform me on this so that i can take necessary action on this. Or my data will be recovered and the charges will be born by western digital company.

[May 08, 2019] Western Digital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

Dear Sir/ maim

my hard drive serial no WXQ1A97934YZ
MODEL NO: WDBU6Y0020BBK

THIS DRIVE IS NOT WORKING

PLEASE REPAIR MY HARD DRIVE

Hard disk not detected in cpu
Hard rive hangs a lot. It was in use with DVR but as of now not working. Dead

3355 Michelson Drive, Suite 100, Irvine, California, United States - 92612