[Resolved] Yamaha Motor India — Urgent-Test Drive Accident - Yamaha R3

Medavakkam, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
 deep_didi
Hello everyone,

I need some educated help in here about test drive vehicles and its insurance in case of accidents.

Last evening, i took a test drive of Yamaha R3 from a showroom near my office. During the test drive, in an unexpected corner, TD bike got skidded and met with an accident. Luckily i jumped out of the vehicle and got away with minor injuries. But the bike took damages in one side fairing, frame and some electronics. When the bike fell down and slided, it rammed on a van which came on the opposite side and made a dent near wheel area of the van.

Yamaha people came to the accident area and asked me if i could pay up for the van's damage expenses if left in a workshop by yamaha people. They also said that if i dont pay for the van's expense, van guy will register a legal complaint on me. I was afraid and i said okay. Then i was taken to the nearby hospital for first aid(for which i paid) and then to the showroom. And that van was taken to workshop.

In showroom, Yamaha guys asked 5000RS from me to spend for the van expenses and also took my original driving license. They said they wont give bill for that amount i paid and said they may get me a bill from that van worshop and give back the change if its less.

They also threatened me that bike's damage expense may go upto 2L at maximum and i have to bear. I almost had a heart attack. Then i asked dont you have insurance for this bike? Cant you get the insurance cost and cover it up? Then they said that they will send the bike for insurance and see how much is coming and rest i have to bear. That sounds okay, but the problem here is, i sincerely doubt that these guys have an insurance. Neither the bike has a number plat nor a demo sticker. It was taken from display and given for test drive. They are doing the same for all R3 test drives.

Initially I went to the showroom in my friends bike, to talk to the finance people and take the test drive. After the accident, When i approached the showroom from first aid hospital, they lifted my friends bike inside their garage. When i came back they took the keys also from me. Now my friends bike is also on jeopardy.

Someone please guide me.

Showroom guys have my Company ID, Original Driving License, My friends new activa bike, helmet, and also my 5k without any bill
Complaint marked as Resolved May 10, 2017

[Oct 18, 2016] Yamaha Motor India customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Yamaha Motor India Customer Care's response, Oct 19, 2016
Dear Deep,
Greetings from Yamaha.
We request you to please provide details of your complaint at [protected]@yamaha-motor-india.com, so that we can process the complaint further. The following details are mandatory:
User name
Mobile number
Email id
Chassis number
Nature of Complaint
Concerned dealership
Retail date
Address (if possible)
You can also register your complaint at our Toll free number[protected], Monday to Friday between 8:00 A.M. to 04:30 P.M.

Team Yamaha
Updated by deep_didi, Oct 23, 2016
Have already called and reported to mentioned toll free number by 19th October. Also sent a mail with self attested complaint letter, yesterday.

Please get this issue resolved for me.
Updated by deep_didi, Oct 25, 2016
Yesterday, I made a complaint to commissioner and took police and my friends and relatives to the showroom. He took photocopy of those documents and gave me back all the documents and my colleague's bike from him.
After everything was given, he was still trying to get money from me. But we declined.

Comments

Have already called and reported to mentioned toll free number by 19th October. Also sent a mail with self attested complaint letter to the mail, yesterday.

Please get this issue resolved for me.
@deep_didi did you end up paying for any of the damages?

Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India - 201306