[Resolved] Yatra Online / Yatratrip.in — middle name in tickets

Shripad9 on May 25, 2018
On yatra.com, i booked the flight tickets from hyderabad (India) to mauritius (Booking ref no[protected]
Our passport (3 passengers) shows middle name but while booking there was no option of middle name so i did not mentioned same in ticket.
I noticed this well in advance of travel date. I contacted yatra via e-mail. I received replay that “this ticket has been issued by air mauritius & air mauritius doesn't have any name correction policy”
When i written e-mail to air mauritius, i was surprised with their response as they did not mentioned about such policy. Air mauritius asked me to contact yatra agent as they cannot intervene in a travel agency booking. So it means yatra is providing false reason to me.
I need to cancel the tickets and whole trip to mauritius booking. Its big loss.
Complaint marked as Resolved Jun 25, 2018

[May 25, 2018] Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response, May 25, 2018
Dear Shripad,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you!

We would like to inform you that as we have checked our team was in contact with you regarding your query and as per them name correction is not possible due to airline policy. And, cancellation will be done as per the airline fare rules. Hence, kindly share your concern to cancel the booking on normal cancellation charges. We will be happy to assist you.

Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I think you did not red my post properly.
I have an e-mail from Air Mauritius, they did not mentioned about such policy. Air Mauritius asked me to contact Yatra agent as they cannot intervene in a travel agency booking. So it means Yatra is providing false reason to me.
Any way...I have decided to go legal
Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response, May 26, 2018

Greetings from Yatra.com!

We have also connected with Airline and response was shared with you as per the revert received. However; kindly allow us some time to cross check this once again, we will update you.

Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response, May 26, 2018

Greetings from Yatra.com!

Our team was in contact with you and this case has been discussed. Please feel free to connect with us again if required.

Kind Regards,

+91 95 5580 0800 [Customer Support]
    1101, 11th Floor, Tower B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector -39, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122001
    Yatra Online / Yatratrip.in - middle name in tickets