Yatra Online / Yatratrip.in — refund not issued even after waiting for 120 days

I cancelled a reservation made through yatra.com

Given the unprecedented spread of coronavirus in india and especially in usa, my parents decided not to travel due to health risks associated with the travel. Both my parents are old around 60 years of age which makes them very prone to coronavirus attack. Hence, i cancelled the tickets through my online account at yatra on 04/april/2020 and received a confirmation from them. However, my refund is not yet issued by yatra.com. I also checked with swiss airlines and they confirmed that my tickets are already cancelled. Yatra.com forced us to get a written confirmation from swiss airline and i had to run from pillar to post to get email confirmation from swiss airline and submitted it to yatra. Even then my refund was not issued.

I patiently waited for 120 days until jul and yet i received no confirmation from yatra. Customer service kept saying that airline has not issued refund so yatra cannot issue refund. However, when i checked on last week of july'2020 with swiss airline, they confirmed that yatra has not requested for any kind of refund.

This is a pure case of harassment where yatra customer associates kept lying about the refund.

[Aug 03, 2020] Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by bina06212 Aug 03, 2020
I cancelled a reservation made through Yatra.com

email id - [protected]@yahoo.com

Given the unprecedented spread of coronavirus in India and especially in USA, my parents decided not to travel due to health risks associated with the travel. Both my parents are old around 60 years of age which makes them very prone to coronavirus attack. Hence, I cancelled the tickets through my online account at Yatra on 04/April/2020 and received a confirmation from them. However, my refund is not yet issued by Yatra.com. I also checked with Swiss airlines and they confirmed that my tickets are already cancelled. Yatra.com forced us to get a written confirmation from Swiss airline and I had to run from pillar to post to get email confirmation from Swiss airline and submitted it to Yatra. Even then my refund was not issued.

I patiently waited for 120 days until Jul and yet I received no confirmation from Yatra. Customer service kept saying that airline has not issued refund so Yatra cannot issue refund. However, when I checked on last week of July'2020 with Swiss airline, they confirmed that Yatra has not requested for any kind of refund.

This is a pure case of harassment where Yatra customer associates kept lying about the refund.
Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Customer Care's response Aug 10, 2020
Hi, Greetings from Yatra.com ! As we checked you were already in contact with our support team related to your concern/query and required information/ details were shared with you. Should you require any further assistance feel free to write back on the same email thread for our team to check and assist you better. We would like to keep you informed that we are experiencing high volume due to COVID-19 kindly expect a delay in response. Regards, Yatra Care
Complaint comments  Add a Comment     Updated: ShareTweet

Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Phone
    +91 95 5580 0800 [Customer Support]
    Yatra Online / YatraTrip.in Address
    1101, 11th Floor, Tower B, Unitech Cyber Park, Sector -39, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122001