Zerodha Complaints & Reviews

2.3
Last updated Jan 26, 2023

File a complaint to Zerodha

Having problems with Zerodha?

File a complaint and get it resolved by Zerodha customer care. It’s quick effective and absolutely free!

Zerodha

+91 80 4040 2020

View more phone numbers

Mobile

Zerodha reviews & complaints page 21

Zerodha has cheated us in account opening. They took account opening fees before taking documents. And after that they said documents are not proper and hence account cant be opened without submission of additional documents. Now they are not refunding my fees and support people / sales person (Mr hrishikesh shedge) is not even taking my calls. I am in process of submitting complaint on consumer forum. They have taken my money and not provided any service. If my documents were not eligible for account opening they should not have taken fees.

Please do not open account with zerodha. If you want discount brokrage go with upstox.. Very good service and ethical people.
Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
I signed up fr zerodha and made payment of Rs 300 for equity trading and completed my ekyc online also. But even after one week not received my login credentials.
Customer support is not responding to call.
Even raised the Ticket, but no update.
Very poor customer service

Dear team,

On 9th january 2018, i have done the trading in cafe coffee day by shorting. I short (Miss) 100 quantity of ccd at ₹316 and end of market day ccd closed by uc at ₹ 326 and that time around ₹18000+ in my zerodha account but after market hours i did not received the amount in my account and now showing ₹10425.13 only.

Yesterdays realised loss ₹-1000 only and as per loss it should be credited ₹10000 amount in my account and instead of i received only ₹4000 in my account.

Thanks to please check and revert asap.
    Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had made one transaction of 12000 qty of "tatamotors17dec420ce" on[protected] at the rate of rs. 5.40 /- and sold on[protected] at the rate of rs. 8.15 /- (Average). But till date, i have not received the profit in my account.

On the same day i. E.,[protected], i also purchased "tatamotors17dec420ce" again at the price of rs. 8.00 /- which is different folio.

I have raised this multiple times but all in vain and till date no proper resolution received.

Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Why are you so bad at customer service?

You have a support ticket system for handling customer inquiries.
        But do you guys even check that system?

I raised a ticket at https://support.zerodha.com/ 5 days ago. But no reply till now.

I have been trying to contact the customer support at[protected] since last few days, nobody picks up the phone.

Is this the way you handle customer support?
        Do you even care to explain?
        Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Because of server error my account opening amount has been debited twice.
          First i used my sbi card to do my payment and because it did not happen, i changed to other card and transaction happened.
          Both payments have been done and money got debited.
          I have been charged double for opening one equity account (300+300).
          I have been charged twice and my money got debited from both of my accounts.
          Kindly please do refund my amount as soon as possible.
          Have also mentioned my client id and the date of incident with this.
          Resolve my complaint as soon as possible.

Client id[protected]
          Date of incident - 08/01/2018

Thank you.
          Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Last few days have been horrendous for me dealing with zerodha support team. They do not pass on the complete information which leads to a lot of confusion and delays. It's good that zerodha is improving its product but without a strong customer service team, its all waste. The team gives one information on phone and completely opposite when asked on mail. Looks like there is no process awareness as well as no proper training. I have had to send multiple couriers to zerodha because of incomplete and wrong information provided to me. Not sure if this is the right channel to reach you but am done with zerodha. It would be good if someone can look into this matter urgently.

I had one simple question - can i close my trading account while retaining the demat account? Your support team first said yes then no. So i initiated the demat account closure process and that too has been a roller coaster ride till now. Anyway today on phone they again confirmed that just trading account can be closed by sending the request through post. I send a courier and ask for a confirmation on email. The reply is opposite to what i had a discussion, they say just trading account cannot be closed. Now who do i trust? Not even sure what is the escalation matrix for all such cases. Just writing this here with hope to get a response.
            Dec 29, 2017
            Sujit Mondol's response
            Last correction, i added amount of 10000**
            On 26th Dec, 2017, I added amount of 1000 in zerodha fund. Rs. 5000 in equity segments & Rs. 5000in commodity segments by two transaction. But money added only in equity segments, money was not added in commodity segments but it was debitted from my bank account.1st transaction reference no. 44503828 & 2nd transaction reference no.44503856

Hi friend zerodha is nothing but a scammer as i told earlier,

They are deducting 16rs to 24 rs on per day basis with out any reason, that means per month you have to pay,

Fully scam discount brokerage. Plz plz dont go for their advertisement.

Their customer support also very poor, they have provided two land line no but its again nothing but a scam, it will connect you to them.

So think twice before trade through zerodha.

Mizanur rahman
              A poor trader of zerodha "zf3382"
              Dec 27, 2017
              Updated by mjnr88
              Zerodha Is fully a scam trader,
              I have an account in zerodha, " ZF3382" with register mobile no [protected], i am also new to this segment. i open account with 500 rs.

after few mistake & loss, finally i got some profit which Rs-1021 on 26/12/2017 in equity. on the next morning i, e 27/12/2017 i got email from zerodha regarding my trading details & account i found that i have got payment only Rs-111,

the details are below
              Pay in/Pay out- Rs-1021, 00--- that is my trading profit
              Taxable value of supply( Brokerage) Rs-240.08 what the ### is this?
              Exchanges Transaction charges Rs- 97.65 why this is ?
              IGST Rs-- 60.80 that is ok
              Securities Transaction Rs- 376.00 what is this?
              SEBI Turn Over Fees Rs- 4.65 that is ok
              Stamp Duty Rs-- 60.09 too much

now finally i got paid 181 to credit is my account. in which again 40rs is debited & finally i got a credit of 141 to my account.

for this matter i tried to contact as below

(1) Their Support no[protected] &[protected] this two number is nothing but a scam you will not reach to them, only music, i tried 9 to 10 times & each time after 7 minutes to 13 minutes time interval it will automatically disconnected.

(2) then i tried to conncet their sales team in kolkata, in delhi in banglore it self even in kolkata i tried to reach them, but they are saying they cant help me as only regarding account opening they are there no support. one of My kolkata sales guy told me to contact by which through i open account, because my account have linked with so many franchise they are benefiting by my trading which is a hidden agenda of Zerodha,

(3) They are suggesting me to connect with Zerodha, but while calling its saying put your Z pin, which was also unknown to me, i tried to collect information one local person then i email them & they sent it, My question Zerodha not provided me earlier?

So friend I am fully a new person in trading, i have shared my pathetic experience is Zerodha what ever i had. Now its your choice if you want to really trade through zerodha or not .

I am requesting Indian Consumer Complain Board to take a strict action to this scammer to save our nation from this fraudster.

Mizanur Rahaman
              A Poor Customer of Zerodha
              "ZF3382"
              Today morning I was fund transfer to demat account to my Hdfc account . But not received at time & but fund transfer charges was deducted
              Super job by Zerodha
              Carry on

Sir ji mene 15/12/17 ko she liye the mere ko sale karna hai par mere demat account me (holding) me nahi dekha raha hai. Mene banglore office me phone kiya bola bole aaj kal me ho jayega par 1 hafta ho gaya hai. Mene customer care me bhi phone kiya bola poa update nahi hai. wo bhi aaj kal kar rahe hai. Koi response nahi mil raha hai id = YG4783

Emial = [protected]@gmail.com
                Mo = [protected]
                Id = YG4783
                Dec 21, 2017
                Updated by rathod ajay
                Mene sher liye the 15/12/17 ko abhi tak mere demat account (holding) me nahi dekha rahe hai, mere ko sale karna hai, zerodha customer care me phone kiya par koi response nahi mila poa bheje hue 10 din ho gaye hai. Please sol my problem
                Sir, I have M&M shares. But not received my bonus shares. What to do now?

I Ashish, client of Zerodha, with client ID ZM4366, want to bring to your attention large-scale fraud being perpetuated by Zerodha. On December 9th, I got a mail from Zerodha, stating that my PoA was pending, and it will be processed with 48 hours of reception. Mail snapshot below:

As per this communication, I sent signed PoA form on December 12th, which was received by December 15th 11 AM. Contrary to their initial communication, Zerodha now claimed that they will take 4 working days to process my PoA.

Due to their change in stance, I wasnt able to sell my stock of company 'Dynamic Cables'. The value has depreciated from 2.1 lacs to 1.9 lacs. I have incurred a loss of 20k due to Zerodha's mistake

Their call centre executives have been extremely indifferent.

My request:
                  -Zerodha should refund my 20k loss
                  -Zerodha should immediately process my PoA
                  -Zerodha to bear expenses of my downside till PoA is processed
                  -Zerodha should be made to stop this gimmicky move of letting people buy stocks but not letting them sell it due to any reason whatsoever.

I hope to avert a legal recourse by fulfilling the above requirement.

Thanks!
                  Ashish
                  Dec 19, 2017
                  Updated by AshishAshok
                  I have gotten a reply despite following up with over 3 days, and countless calls. I am planning to initiate legal action. Please reach out to me if you want to do the same.
                  Dec 19, 2017
                  Updated by AshishAshok
                  I have gotten a reply despite following up with them for over 3 days, and countless calls. I am planning to initiate legal action. Please reach out to me if you want to do the same.
                  Payment to zerodha account transfer many but not show zerodha account my payment my zerodha clint i d yv9593 rs 15000 transfer i proufe but not show zerodha account

On may 8th 2017, i was trading in the nse using the technical platform (Kite) provided by zerodha. Using the bracket order facility provided by the broker, i went short on idea cellular for 70000 shares at 81.90, later i changed it to 81.85. The request to change the value of the sell order to 81.85 made the order in a "pending modification" state.

I tried to cancel the order but nothing happened, i contacted the broker's cochin branch and requested to cancel the order. They told me that the order was modified to 81.85. But when i asked them to cancel the bracket order, they told me to logout of the platform and login again and repeat the cancellation request.

I logged out and logged in again to the platform, now the order was modified in the trading platform to 81.85, i tried to cancel the order and i got an error message showing "message failure". After few seconds, the order got executed in the market and there was a huge up move in the market and within few minutes, i lost 100000 rupees. Although i had placed a stop loss order, it didn't work.

I filed a complaint with the nse, they held a meeting at their cochin office with the broker (Zerodha). After hearing both side, nse said that since it was stated in the blog of the broker that bracket orders can't be cancelled by the dealing desk of the broker and only by the client the broker is excused of the loss made by the client.

Nse made a decision on the fact that there was statement on the blog of the broker about the modification/cancellation of the bracket orders!

Anyone knows that unless it was stated in the legal documents signed by the client during the account creation process, there is no validity to the statement made by the nse and the broker about bracket orders. So it is clear as a day that nse was partial to the broker on this incident.

Later i found out that the statement on the blog of the broker (Zerodha) about bracket orders was made at the time of meeting held with broker at nse on june 2017. But the broker (Zerodha) claimed that it was on the blog since 2014! So it is clear that the broker was cheating the client by fabricating the evidence. And the nse made a decision on a false or fabricated evidence!

Later i filed for arbitration with the nse, the arbitrator was partial to the broker stating that the order got executed at the time of call made to the broker by the client and the broker should be excused.

Anyone can see that both nse and zerodha are playing along to cheat the client because both nse and zerodha are responsible for the loss made by the client.

Since the broker (Zerodha) states that the technical issue faced by the broker was due to the technical issues in the nse server lease line to the broker server both nse and zerodha are responsible here.

Client id - ps8501, date of issue - may 8 2017.

I humbly request the government to resolve this issue and take action against both nse and zerodha.
                    Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

It’s already been 1 week my account status shows it is still updating my poa. My poa has already reached banglore office 1 week before. How long would it take for my poa to get updated. Customer care of zerodha is bull #, they never pick any calls. I feel like, i made a mistake opening an account with zerodha. They give us fake promises of getting account activated in few days. I will wait till monday 18/12/2017, if my account doesn’t gets activated, i will apply for closure of it.

I opened account for zerodha to trade, paid inr 500 but done everything online
                        For documents selected door step pickup on[protected].
                        Been there whole day but no one came and only a mail to change the date for doorstep pickup after 2 or 3 days!

Then to change doorstep pickup, opened zerodha but i dont know how to change that.
                        I tried to call zerodha from a number on internet which never connects!

Zerodha should take money after completing documents verification!
                        They take money first and forget about their accountability.

Zerodha services are below average, this show how responsible you are!

Wish zerodha could solve this out as soon as possible!
                        Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have made online payment for account opening with zerodha on 24th nov 2017. The 3rd party has sent confirmation and confirmed that zerodha has received the payment. Even after 7 days, zerodha is denying of payment received and asking me to make the payments again.

I have sent them confirmations from 3rd party but still they are not acknowledging. My request for refund of money is not being addressed. The customer care and sales representative is not responding to emails or phone complaints and dodging my calls for past 7 days. Initially i was able to login to their website, but last 2 days now i am getting invalid credentials, whichs tates that they have malfunctioned in someway with my account.

I want to launch an official complaint against zerodha to initiate amount refund.
                          Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                          My reg.mob no [protected] mcx and ncdx is not work to my kite zeridha app or ncdx to script per hi nahi aa raha he or nify per trade nahi ho raha he

Name mismatch between verified fetch and bank statement require self declaration letter.

So plz i accepted document name nadim nazir Shaikh and bank statement name is nadeem najeer shaikh so plzzz verified my form

I have received the mail and message about reliance liquid fund investment where I have not taken any initiative to invest money. why am I getting mail and password other messages for this. kindly short out as soon as possible and let me know exactly what this investment is all about.
                          No zerodha demat account opening please money refund

Hello sir,
                            I have opened the zerodha new account 20 days back. They took 22 days to send the login credentials with account details. My account id is yc1331.
                            And they open only with equity where i m suppose to open all segments (Nse, bse mcx, cds etc). They are not providing the account in mcx. Even after making phone calls to their visakhapatnam branch executives, they didnt resoved the issue. Now they are not lifting my calls.

This is the very worst experience with zerodha.
                            My 23/11/2017
                            Order type mis position sell praj ind share of no 700 but not sure in order executed price and time but 23/11/2017 my loss praj ind 3787 but my account debited RS 19065 please advise if confirm my loss
                            The my money refunded my account.
                            My client I'd. YL 2635
                            My mail ID. v.[protected]@gmail.com
                            I am applied for opening an trading account in zerodha, and i was trieng from number of days to open trading account and trade but zerodha team not responding to my mails and calls so i am very wost experiencing with this thing .

There is an issue in average price of stc india for which the 1st ticket (#281941) has been raised on 2nd nov. Despite 2 reminders and 2 telephonic conversations the incompetent team at zerodha has been unable to resolve the discrepancy. Due to this i have to bear a loss of approx. 50k.
                              Pls. If this is your response time, i will have to close my accounts with u
                              Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                              Please provide information to me, I use to zerodha kit my problem is not buy order in back order(BO) .
                              My client Number XY4384
                              Name -arun kumar gond
                              [protected]@gmail.com

Sir I am cleant of your company.
                              But your company authority is not contect regularly. So I face many problems.
                              Please content regularly with me

Zerodha — no resolution for discrepancy in equity average cost (ticket #633465)

Hi Team,

Ticket #633465 I have raised on 20/09/2017 for having discrepancy in equity average cost. of BHEL & ICICI equity.

Your system is unable to calculate the average cost properly, in case of two actions
                                1. Transfer shares from other demat to zerodha associated demat.
                                2. There are any equity bonus/split.

Because of these discrepancy in equity average cost, I was unable to sell...

I raised a ticket (367499) on may 24 -2017, but till today no response from zerodha side..

My concern is money difference between profit & actual. I sent screenshot & excel sheets for their knowledge..

But absolutely no response from zerodha side. I reminded many times, every time i receiving reply : we r working on it" how many years they will work? Response less people..
                                Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I have sent my documents 7days ago for opening of demat and trading account. They mentioned that account opening takes 24 to 48 hours. I have also submitted a ticket about this problem. But they don't bother to reply. After that i have tried to contact their customer care. But no response from that. They are such a waste of time. They have the worst customer service.

My id is zl1721..
                                    There is one share esl which i have taken but from two days, its chart not showing in software.. Only one massage showing that volume not available..
                                    I want to know how much time it will take to come back?? I wanted to buy again this share but its rejected from your side
                                    16387 : security is not allowed to trade in this market.. This massage i got immediately.. I want to know what is reason behind it?/
                                    Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

I had deposited online an amount of rs.300 on august 12, 2016 for shares trading through d mat account. This amount was for opening account but since i decided not to open account, i have asked for refund of amount paid.

To transfer
                                      Inb razorpay (Ecommerce) bill_razecom payment

Ref. No - jsbi[protected]igacjhaml9

Reason for not open a/c
                                      mobile no not updated with aadhaar
                                      pan & aadhaar name miss match
                                      cheque book not issued by bank
                                      andhra bank not in beneficiary list of zerodha for online fund transfer
                                      Zerodha customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
                                      I am doing the trade i.e. buy or sell through my mobile or pc only. But in zerodha ledger account, they deducted the amount for call and trade on 7th November 2017.. I request to refund that amount.