Zomato — incompetent service

Prince Eshaan on Oct 20, 2018
This was the 5th time, i faced an issue with delivery from zomato. I always gave chance in the past being a reasonable human. I ordered a chhole puri on 20 october 2018 at 3:52 am. I was aware that it would deliver around 4:42 am. I accepted that because i could wait for that amount of time. I waited patiently till 4:55 am and called up the restaurant to know the status. Owner said the order has been out for delivery though i received the notification about it at 4:25 am. This was night time and no traffic could have bothered but i'm a reasonable human and accepted to wait till 5 am. No one turned up. I decided to chat with customer service and the representative gave me the no of delivery guy. I had to call him twice to get hold of him. He said that there was no order for chhole puri and he delivered dal makhani to some other guy on the same building i live. I called up the restaurant person and he checked with the delivery guy and started saying that they delivered my order. I said how because i'm the person who didn't receive it. He said that the order was also paid in cash though i already made an online payment. This was really making me mad. I cleared things with him and understood. He found that the other person who received my order lives on the same building but with a different name. So the delivery guy was so incompetent that he didn't even care to check with the person and try to match his name with the order receipt and ended up delivering my order with someone. He didnt even call me before to deliver my order. The other person who received my order and also his own order, ate everything and went off. I was left without any food. The restaurant owner was laughing over the call. Is it a joke? The order which i could have received in 40 minutes and i don't have it yet while i'm typing. Disgusting service!!

[Oct 20, 2018] Zomato customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Prince Eshaan, Oct 20, 2018
Btw, my name on order is Joe Gomez. Check it out
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I faced a pathetic experience with zomato delivery boy for delivering food. In app shows current location but delivery boy is refused to delivery and cancelled my order from zomato end and saying that you wont get refund.

It seems Zomato is a cheating company for our hard earned money and looting our money. It seems this is one way of earning money in zomato.

Service is very very BAD in Zomato for below reasons.
No Voice support in zomato.
GPS, Live tracking, current location shows different from your current location.
There is no Order ID or number if you want to raise any complaints.
orders will take irrespective of your location and delivery boy refused to delivery and zomatio wont refund your money. This is a kind of zomato earning money. we wont get solution for our problems.

I suggest SWIGGY is 1000% best compare to Zomato.
Swiggy has customer voice support, chat support, accurate tracking and locations.

I suspects readers will understand what Zomato is doing for earning money.

+91 83 7509 7031 [South]