Zomato — wrongful charge of money

Divya512 on Oct 21, 2018
I had ordered online from zomato and withing ten minutes of placing the order i had to cancel it because i had to leave because of a medical emergency so i contacted them through chat but they said they won't cancel it at any cost i will have to accept the order and when i said that i won't be at my place to accept it and why should i accept it if i'm informing them withing 10 minutes. Then they said that i will have to directly talk to the restaurant and they can't help me in this even thought i placed the order with zomato and not with the restaurant directly and when i refused to do that and threatened them with consumer complaint, withing two minutes they said that the order is cancelled but i will have to pay the total bill amount. I didn't have time to argue with them because i was busy so i said fine. But i will take it up with consumer court. This is just loot. I will not pay money for something i didn't even consume. I want an action to be taken asap.

Update: it's been 4 days and i have mailed them four times. There's still no reply from their side. I will not be using the service till this is solved.

[Oct 21, 2018] Zomato customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Updated by Divya512, Oct 21, 2018
Order ID - [protected]
Complaint comments  1 Comment     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

I had orderd the food last night that didnt received yet.

+91 83 7509 7031 [South]
    +91 83 7507 3452 [North]
    139-P, Sector 44, Gurgaon, Haryana, India - 122002
    Zomato - wrongful charge of money