Zoom Car — baseless charges and improper customer service

gmenonr on Aug 14, 2019
Issue details:
1. After one hour if taking the car there was an intermittent oil pressure warning light at idle (Only sometimes).

2. I called zoomcar to inform them of the same

3. The light disappeared after that and then the zoomcar back end team called to check. Since the light did not seem to appear again, i mentioned that it had gone away.

4. I arrived at pondicherry rto to file state entry tax at which point i realized the all india permit authorization validity had expired.

5. I called zoomcar support again to get new documents twice (30 mins interval). No response from their end in getting me the document.

6. While waiting for a callback, the engine stalled and wouldn't start up again.

7. I immediately called zoomcar and mentioned the issue and they arranged for a callback.

8. Their technical team called and mentioned that towing would be the only method on ford's tow truck service will contact me.

9. I then liaised with ford directly to provide details and had the car towed to ford pondicherry.

10. Being stuck in pondicherry, i had to take a cab back to chennai the next day.

11. A number of calls were made to zoomcar to try and initiate a refund. No proper response. No calls initiated from their end to address the situation.

12. Follow-ups for the refund kept happening and i was always told the back end team would contact me.

13. On 12th of august, i received a notification saying inr 92, 630 due on my account. Again no call notification from their end to even explain what had gone wrong.

14. I made my follow up calls twice to figure out what's going on and i kept getting referred to the back end team for a callback.

[Aug 14, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Aug 20, 2019
Hello User,

Greetings!

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. It is disappointing to receive such feedback from our customers as we strive to provide a great Zooming experience. Kindly share the booking ID for our reference, we will check the complaint raised and we will address on priority.

Ramya. S