Zoom Car — cheating with damage charges

RajCh21 on Feb 16, 2019
I took a swift in guwahati recently for around 3 days. I returned it before time to the location.

At the return location, there was the same guy who had given me the car. I got the car checked by that guy as the app asks for any damages before returning the car. After all was verified, i confirmed that all is okey and then handedover the keys.

40 mins after this, i get a call that there is a damage on the windshield for which i have to pay rs 5000. I am not sure how this damage happened as it was not there when i returned the car. I called zoom support immediately and they said they will get back but nothing happened. I called again after 2-3 days still no action.

Today i received a threatening call from zoom to pay 5000 or else face legal actions. I even received a similar email. Any explanation is not worthy as zoom is trying to extort money to cover their losses.

After this i discovered i am not the only one. Zoom has tried to cheat others similarly with damage charges. Plenty stories can be found on this website itself.

Please suggest what should be done.

cheating with damage charges

[Feb 17, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Feb 17, 2019
Hello Raj,

Greetings!

We do understand your concern here.

Please note, the charges will be levied on the booking after a thorough check. Upon checking, we see that the windshield has been cracked during your reservation, hence you are billed for the same. Kindly note, as it was a keyless entry pickup, there will be no executive available and if there is an executive, there will be no interaction with the customer. Hence, the vehicle was checked post your drop off and you are charged for the damage done.

We regret we will not be able to reverse the charge.

Ramya. S
Updated by RajCh21, Feb 17, 2019
Hey Ramya,

Thanks for your response.

Irrespective of what you claim, facts are not the same.

There was an executive at pickup place who gave me the keys. While returning I locked the car using the key and gave him back. He checked the car properly before taking the key. I am not sure how your technology works, but the car could be opened and locked using the key while returning.

Also you are saying, once I park the car and leave. And if someone comes and bashes the car the problem is mine?

I know Zoom is not going to revert the charges as you have played similar game with many people.

I am seeking community help and support so that you guys cannot do as you please and mint money from customers.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Feb 19, 2019
Hello Raj,

We did check with our ground team and received a confirmation that the damage was done during your reservation. Hence, we will be unable to reverse the charges here.

Regard
Wasim
Zoomcar
Updated by RajCh21, Feb 19, 2019
Hey Wasim,

That is very convenient.

You checked with your people and they all are bound by oath right so they can never lie?

Please come up with a better excuse / argument if you want money like this. Or just ask for money I will give you.

But the damage was not done by me. I don’t care much about the money, but you guys can’t harass and threaten customers as you like. Something has to be done.

Comments

Hey Ramya,

Thanks for your response.

Irrespective of what you claim, facts are not the same.

1998