Zoom Car — false car damage claims

rahultindia304 on Aug 20, 2019
Booking id: jps6xlzo1

During early last week i’d called and spoken to zoomcar's customer care executive named “lata”.
I’d a detailed discussion with her and following were the points of discussion:
About a claim of rs.10, 000/- towards vehicle damage:
I was informed that the claim was towards spare tyre damage. Please note that we neither used nor touched the spare tyre from the position it was originally handed over to us.
In fact, as per the instructions as provided by you vide zoomcar's app (Used by me), we took all the necessary pictures and uploaded to the app for each and every position of the car (Namely front, rear, both sides, etc.). The instructions on the zoomcar app never asked us to take or upload picture (S) of the spare tyre. Once, we’d uploaded the images we proceeded on our journey.in no condition, i reiterate, did we use or touch the spare tyre.
Also, all through the journey, starting from your designated parking lot to returning the vehicle to the same designated parking lot, the vehicle was always within our eyesight and/or under protected/secured environment. Hence, any damage while the vehicle was parked is ruled out.
I’ve been using xuv5oo for more than 5 years now (Hence, preferred a xuv for this trip). I'm very comfortable with the vehicle and an absolutely cautions & carefully mindful driver. Never, during the trip did we dash or bang the vehicle due to which the damage to the spare tyre (As claimed by you) would have occurred.
I requested the zoomcar's customer care agent to touch-base with their backend team and confirm the exact cause and date of damage as it never happened during our trip.
Wing as 15:16 hours, whereas, we’d reached at 14:56hours.

Lata’d responded saying she’ll revert to us within 48 hours.
While, we're still expecting a response from lata or the zoomcar team, an email containing a legal notice came as a very unpleasant surprise to us.

With this communication, i’m refuting all the claims as included in the legal notice email from zoomcar and rejecting the so-called legal notice.

I urge zoomcar to immediately process the refund of rs.5000/- (Withheld by them for no fault of mine) within the next 3 days.

[Aug 20, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Aug 25, 2019
Hello Rahul,

Greetings!

We understand your concern here. We did have a check and see that our team has already shared an update on the escalation raised, the spare tyre is damaged during your trip. Hence, we have levied the charge, the charge is valid. We regret we will not be able to reverse the charge.

Ramya. S