[Resolved] Zoom Car — maintenance charges being charged to customer

Bengaluru, Bangalore District, Karnataka, India
 Sajaijayan on Mar 14, 2019
I had booked a zoom car vehicle as per booking reference jps6ftz6m from 1st march 3:30 am to 4th march 11:30 pm from and to bangalore airport. Vehicle received had already done 99106kms and the body had many scratches/dents/damages. Marked the same on the app and used the car anyway as i was in urgency. On my way to returning the car, i felt slight hard shifting to first gear and since i had no problem, i did not register a complaint but mentioned the same to the staff who collected the car. I drove a total of about 350kms only. Two days after returning the car they informed me i have damaged the clutch plate and charged me 10, 000 rs for the same. I feel this is absolute day light robbery. Used care of almost 100, 000 kms which i drove for 350 kms and i am charged for clutch problem. I have worked in the automotive industry for 25 years and i know what is wrong and right. I feel cheated, badly and will always give negative reviews for zoom and inform every one of the same.
If they understand the situation and refund my amount i will accept that resolution with an apology.
Complaint marked as Resolved Apr 21, 2019

[Mar 14, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Mar 15, 2019
Hello Sajai,

Greetings!

We understand your concern here.

We did check and see that the charge levied on the booking is valid, as the clutch plate is damaged during your reservation. Hence, we have levied the charge.

We regret we will not be able to reverse the charge.

Ramya. S
Updated by Sajaijayan, Mar 15, 2019
Can you explain how a customer can damage clutch plate in 350 kms of normal mostly highway driving?
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Mar 19, 2019
Hello Sajai,

We understand your concern here, however, post the internal assessment of the vehicle we see that the clutch was damaged due to the customer negligence. Hence, the charges are levied accordingly.

Regards.
Appachu
Zoomcar
Updated by Sajaijayan, Mar 19, 2019
Ok Noted, see you in consumer court. Please note, I am not too bothered about the money, but the basic principle. All the best.

Comments

Hi Ramya, can you explain to me how a customer can damage clutch plate in 350km of normal mostly highway driving?

Zoom Car - maintenance charges being charged to customer