Zoom Car — refund not initiated in 5 months

Visakhapatnam, Visakhapatnam District, Andhra Pradesh, India
 Debapriyo Sarker on Jun 22, 2019

My name is debapriyo sarker and i have been struggling to find a resolution with zoom car as a refund they initiated hasn't reflected in my bank account.

I had booked a maruti swift from zoom car during a trip earlier this year to vizag. The booking was done on the first of january. I paid the sum of rs 3923 by debit card after verifying my id documents on the app. I had chosen for the car to be dropped off to my location, however they were adamant that i hadn't done any such request. Disappointed i took a cab with two other friends to the location of the car which was 8-9 kms away. By the time we reached it was already 2 hours into my booked time with the car. To our shock there was no car present at the location. We called the service and they said that the car was still not dropped off. They asked us to travel a further 8 kms to get the car to which we flatly refused. We also demanded that they refund us the entire amount as well as compensation for our time and money wasted in pursuing a vehicle that wasn't there. They obliged after a lot of heated argument and credited rs 500 in to my zoom car account. They said that the refund will take 2 days to process at minimum.

I have a trip coming up to bangalore and i required a car so i thought that i would give them another try and logged in to the zoom car website. I saw that as discussed they had put in rs 500 into my zoomcar account and that the cancelled booking showed that the refund of rs 3, 923 had been completed on the 2nd of january by imps method. Then i logged into my bank account to verify the same and realized that there were no such credits even if i checked through till present day.

For the last week i have been writing to their customer helpline e-mail without any response. I have sent them my detailed complaint, resent it and then sent another reminder over a span of 6 days but i have had no replies. I have tried multiple times to call their helpline ([protected]) but it has no option to lodge the complaint nor does it have the option to talk to an operator/service personnel directly to solve this issue.

Kindly look into the matter as it has been a long time and i really have no other avenue to approach. I am attaching all the screenshots i have taken during the ordeal. I hope that it will be sufficient.

I eagerly look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

Debapriyo sarker

[Jun 22, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Jun 27, 2019
Hello Debapriyo,

Greetings!

We did review your complaint and it is disappointing for us to know that you were not happy with your zooming experience. Please share the booking ID for us to look into the above issue and revert.

Appachu