Zoomcar — false damage/accidental charges

Bangalore, India
 Vanshika Vasireddy on Sep 18, 2019
On 9th september 2019 i had made a booking on the zoomcar app and the car was picked up on time and returned on time and the necessary amount was paid for the booking. At the time of concluding the booking the customers are required to fill checklists and upload pictures of the car's condition which was duly made. There were no damages. At the time of dropping off the vehicle, the owners of the car were present and had inspected the vehicle and verified the condition. Unfortunately, after 2 days i received a mail asking me to pay an outstanding amount of rs. 10, 000/- for damages. Whereas, there were no damages and the condition of the car was perfect at the time of dropping off and the photos of the car that were uploaded did not portray any damage as there was none done. To which i tried to get in touch with them but in vain as the mail id didn't not support replies nor was there any alternative contact information provided in the app or on the interest. The help and support team of zoomcar did not acknowledge the complaints (Two complaints since then) put up on the app.
I was served the first notice on 17th september 2019 at 2:00 pm. This has clearly gotten out of hand.

I am being accused of an issue that has not occurred and seems to me like a lot of customers have experienced the same. Kindly look into it.

[Sep 18, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 18, 2019
Hello Vanshika,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to know about the discrepancy in the charges levied on the booking.

Kindly share your booking ID for our reference, we shall check on the complaint raised and we will revert with an update.

Updated by Vanshika Vasireddy, Sep 18, 2019
The booking id is JPS6X06QQ
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 19, 2019
Hello Vanshika,

We did go through the booking and see that the front bumper and the rear door is damaged during your reservation. Hence, we have levied the charge, the charge is valid. We regret we will not be able to waive off the charge.

Ramya. S
Updated by Vanshika Vasireddy, Sep 19, 2019
This is absurd. I have personally uploaded the pictures and plus the owners have inspected the same at the time of drop off. There were no damages. if anything, I should have received the mail on the same day but received it after two whole days. If any damages, I'm sure it must have occurred after my reservation.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 20, 2019
Hello Vanshika,

We understand your concern here. Please send us an email through our contact us page.

Our team shall share the damage pictures for your reference.

Here's the link for your reference - https://www.zoomcar.com/bangalore/contactus

Updated by Vanshika Vasireddy, Sep 22, 2019
I already did the same. In fact I mailed twice but I got no response nor could I see the complaints posted. Hence, the complaint in this website.
[protected]@gmail.com is my email id...kindly send the pictures to the same.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 25, 2019
Hello Vanshika,

We did recheck on the damage charges levied on the booking and see that the charges have been revised. The appropriate charges are updated. Hoping for your kind understanding here.

Regard
Wasim
Zoomcar

Comments

The booking id under the name Vanshika Vassireddy is JPS6X06QQ. Kindly look into it at the earliest.
The car is already gown on downtime at 29th of aug 2019, , but rent is take is more then that . so please help me about it and also some isusses related to veteran car that is provided to me . please contact me fast because i will be charged by you for late fees after 10th aug 2019 . so for more please contact me
samarth agrawal's reply, Sep 6, 2019
so please reply me fast
Vanshika Vasireddy's [Complaint's author] reply, Sep 20, 2019
I don't quite understand what this is about. Are you the owner of the vehicle?
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Sep 20, 2019

Hello Samarth,

We are sorry to know about your concern with the service.

Please share your registered email ID for our reference, we shall arrange a callback to address your concerns.

2026