Zoomcar — zoomcar - failed to provide car after confirmation and wasted 1 full day of customer. compensation required

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
 rajiv3023 on Aug 16, 2019
Booking id: jps6x8x9c booking was confirmed by zoomcar when i paid full advance along with additional security deposit for the selected time period. I was asked to get the car from zoomcar yard near to chennai airport. I reached on time (11:00) on 15th aug to pickup the car from zoomcar airport yard. With the help of yard staff, i came to know that car was not assigned by zoomcar against my booking due to car unavailability. I was asked to call zoomcar customer care to get any help on this issue. I called on zoomcar customer care number - [protected], but the number was busy from 11:00 till 12:00. I got connected to customer care team @12:00pm and when i explained the situation, i was asked to wait for 30 min. Nobody called me back after 30 min from zoomcar. The ground staff in yard were not at all helping me to understand the issue. Again i had to call customer care and again i was told to wait for another 30 min. This continued until 13:40 hrs when zoomcar assigned me a car which was 18km far from that place in another zoomcar yard - egmore. I was asked to get the car from egmore yard and customer care promised me to reimburse the taxi expenses to the another yard from the current location. Finally i went to the egmore yard and managed to reach there by 14:40 hrs.in egmore yard i came to know that the car which was assigned to me was a faulty car (Not in driving condition due to 2 tires abnormally worn out). Yard staff told me that "i have already written mail to zoomcar that this car is faulty and tires have to be replaced in this car. So far there is no approval from zoomcar side and today is holiday so the tire replacement is not possible." again i had to call customer care team to explain the issue. Again i was asked to wait for 30 min and this continued until 16:20 when finally zoomcar cancelled my booking saying that there is no car available with them. I was totally pissed off by this behaviour of zoomcar. Me and my family's whole day was wasted because of zoomcar. I had pre-planned the vacation with my family to tamil nadu. I landed chennai airport @ 10 hrs and reached zoomcar yard @11:00 to pick up the car. I was suppose to reach pondicherry on the same day as i had pre - boolked hotel in pondicherry. Now, i had to stay in chennai for 15th night due to zoomcar failure to provide the car to me. My money was wasted which i spent on pondicheery hotel advance booking as it was non refundable booking (Can't cancel & get refund if less than 24 hrs) my whole family's time was wasted (7 hrs) due to zoomcar. Now zoomcar is not ready to pay any compensation for all this mess created by zoomcar. I need your support to get compensation for my hotel charges, taxi charges and the time which was wasted by zoomcar. My family got mentally harrased and whole vacation got ruined up due to zoomcar. I am attaching all the mail communications from zoomcar for your reference. Please help me.

[Aug 16, 2019] Zoom Car customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
Zoom Car Customer Care's response, Aug 22, 2019
Hello Rajiv,

Greetings!

Firstly, kindly accept our apologies for all the trouble that you had to go through.

We did check the booking and see that we were unable to serve the booking at the booked location due to vehicle shortage. However, we see that our team to cancel the booking due to vehicle condition.

Rest assured, we have already escalated the issue to our team and we are already working on our negative inventory to minimise these issues.

Appachu
Zoomcar

1954
    Zoomcar - zoomcar - failed to provide car after confirmation and wasted 1 full day of customer. compensation required