BMRC Hospital - Wrong Treatment

debarshi0125 on Feb 3, 2012
Dr Satyajit Paul, BMRC started treatment of my grandmother (82) who was suffering from asthma. When my grandmother was admitted, she actually walked into the hospital. As soon as she was admitted, the doctor started giving her some antibiotics. After 24 hours, he told us that he will give some better antibiotics which will cure her faster. As soon as he started those antibiotics, my grandmother went almost unconscious. And she never spoke again. When we asked him, why my grandmother was so drowsy, he performed CT scans and potassiun-sodium tests again and again. But he was clueless about the facts that the drugs administered under his own supervision were the cause of the final collapse of the patient.
Could the BMRC administration who also runs the MidLand nursing home, take any action against this wrong treatment?

[Apr 24, 2014] BMRC Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.

Comments

vivek18_shaw BMRC Hospital  - Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India

To Date: 25-10-2010
The BMRC,
6/6 B.T.Road Talpukur,
Kolkata -700123.

Sub: Complain against wrong treatment of patient.

I am Vivek Kumar Shaw, Son of Mr. Birbal Shaw, age 55 years was admitted on 06/10/2010 BMRC hospital, Barrackpore, under Dr. Satyajit Paul, Cardiologist. My father was diagnosed with blood culture and C.T. Scan with Brain Stock and treatment was started with high power medicines and injections from 07/10/2010 with mechanical ventilator support up to 16/10/2010 afternoon, but no result found on previous 8-10 days. On 10/10/2010 Dr. S. Paul told us that he need an operation for comfortable breath out of ventilator support, but none of doctors available in BMRC hospital for doing the operation. On 16/10/2010 we transfer our father from BMRC hospital to Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences (RTIICS), Kolkata. After thorough investigation by Dr. Amlan Mandal, Neurologist of RTIICS and blood culture show growth of BRAIN TB on 17/10/2010. The Doctor’s team of RTIICS told us that treatment of last few 8-10 days was wrong. Eye’s of my father also affected in those by given medicines in BMRC hospital but in RTIICS eye’s of my father also well in two days. Doctors also told us that pipe of mechanical ventilator not changed as per rule.

At present my father situation is well from few 5-6 days after admitted in RTIICS.

Now my question is whatever the high dose antibiotic treatment got my father in BMRC Hospital for wrong diagnosis for that, who is responsible? Doctor or Pathology Dept. Or Hospital Management? Who will be responsible for that? What compensation I Expect from hospital? My total hospital bill was near about total of ₹185305.22/-. Please take my complain and inform me about my compensation for the harassment and the wrong treatment applied to my father.

Thanking you. Vivek Kumar Shaw
N Jan 2, 2011 by
suratha BMRC Hospital  - Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India

R/Sir / Madam,
My mother ( Mrs. Madhabi Kundu Age -62 yrs.) was admitted on 31.12.2010 at 19:00hrs in acute condition she is under the treatment of respectable Dr. SHANI Sir he is too much polite having good behavior and really a gentleman . Whenever we talk with him he speak too calmly, he is not proud y person . My mother is now out of danger and she also told that the behavior of this Doctor is too good .OUR FAMILY WISH HIM AND HIS FAMILY "A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2011". Now a days it is too much scarcity that a Doctor speak to the patient family member in a polite manner we are too much happy that my Mother is under treatment of such a good Doctor . At last we are thankful to him .In my opinion Dr. Shani Sir is the best Doctor in BMRC Hospital .
A Feb 3, 2012 by
debarshi0125 BMRC Hospital  - Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India

The same doctor gave high dose antibiotics to my grandmother which ultimately led to her death. As soon as he started giving that extra high dose antibiotics my grandmother who actually walked into the hospital with problem regarding asthma, went unconscious and expired. Why can't BMRC do something against this doctor.
N Feb 16, 2012 by
sutpa

Both my father and mother were admitted in BMRC Hospital in a very critical condition under RESPECTED DR.SATYAJIT PAUL, last year.Both recovered with his treatment.He is like GOD to me..
N Feb 16, 2012 by
sutpa

My grandma Smt Radha 85 years of age treated at BMRC for chest disease under Dr S Roy and Dr.S Shani.They sent the patient home with RENAL FAILURE and patient became critical soon after reaching home.We admitted her again under Dr.Satyajit Paul at BMRC who saved her life.
N Jul 22, 2012 by
Nelsonsubbu BMRC Hospital  - Tamil Nadu, India

Strong dose wrong treatment - Vs hospitals

Guys be ware of radiation ,",", they put u on that to make money not to treat ,,,,,,supposed to b done at final stage,,,,,but here they do at stage 1 to start killing the patient,,,,,,god bless all u guys....

BMRC Hospital - Wrong Treatment