Chanakya IAS Academy - Unsatisfied teaching environment/Not Refunding Fees

cohy
Respected Sirs,

I Sonu Saini, taken addmission in Chanakya IAS Academy on July 29,2009 for the batch of august 2009. The Academy has taken 30,000Rs. in advance for 8 months. I have attended 3-4 classes and i found no quality in teaching and management. When i complaint to staff regarding the same they misbehaved with me. Therefore i decided not to continue coaching in the same institute.

Since August 24,2009 I have been asking to refund my fees but there is no reply from the authority. I met with founder (Mr. A.K.Mishra) of the academy he said "we do not refund fees taken in advance".

Please help me for Just

Comments

Hi Sonu,

As I think you are victim of misinformation. You should have taken admission after enquiring about the coaching institute. As per rule (formal) no coaching institute refunds money.

I am glad to know that you have been student of Chanakya IAS Academy, but unfortunately our class room experience were totally different. I am highly obliged to Chanakya's teachers and staff members. Teacher's cordial and expert guidance have helped me to secure a job in civil services and staffs were very cooperative (especially Raghuvarji - if you remember him or if he is yet their).

Cheer up friend...
Don't Expect... but Inspect. Your determination will lead to SUCCESS!

Thanx

Chankya Ias Instituteis one of the biggest fraud and worst IAS coaching institute of India, they charge exorbitant fees from the stutents but in the name of teachingn it does not worth even ruppess 1 and anyone can search in google that Even U.PS.C has made complaint against Chanakya I.A.S academy.
D Nov 3, 2012 by
romahpinto

I am also a victim of such mislead information.

I came to know about Chanakya IAS Academy and went to their Ahmedabad Branch to enquire about the course, exam and most important my eligibility for the same.

Their staff Ms. Mala who attends to enquires was there to attend to all my queries and my very first query was regarding my eligibility for this exam as per the age criteria .. ( at present 29yrs and will be 30yrs in April 2013). Ms. Mala reconfirmed to me min. twice that i was eligible for this exam and to top it she also commented that i was not their first such student.

Later I paid the fees and when the classes started, the faculty who came from Delhi to teach us, was discussing about syllabus and at that point he discussed about the age criteria and that is when i came to know through him that as per the age criteria, i was not eligible to appear for the exams. Later when i asked for the refund they refused to pay saying they have a non refundable policy. Same day in front of our faculty i asked Ms. Mala if as per my age criteria was i eligible for the exam and she once again in the faculties presence accepted that i could appear for the exams.Then knowing about what mistake she had made, Ms. Mala informed me, that she had informed the same to the concerned people and would revert back soon. Later when i started doing a followup i found that Ms. Mala was not available in the office (either she is on leave or has left the institution) and while i discussed the same with the other person in the office, they said that the Fees is non refundable. I had tried to meet the centre head who was said to be busy those days (as per Ms. Mala) and so i was not able to meet her. Henceforth, i wrote an email to the center head Ms. S Khan and their director Mr. A. K Mishra but to my surprise none of them reverted back to my email. It is more than 15days and i have not received any reply from their side.

I am shocked to know that i was given a false information and mislead by the institution and in this manner they have cheated me of rs. 50000. Henceforth i wish to go ahead with the consumer forum regarding this complaint...

Roma
N Jan 20, 2013 by
ashu0899

I took admission in this coaching but cursing my self that i wasted my money in this, actually i was influenced by their promotion propaganda and was caught in their trap. The main aim of this coaching is to extract money from the pocket of innocent(those who don't have any knowledge about coaching) and the moment i started my classes with them their reality was unveiled. They have the most pathetic teachers of all time and some of the teachers over their who wanted to sincerely teach the students were thrown out (Mr. mohanty - a renowned name in the coaching of public administration was a faculty over their but what happened with him is history) I was surprised when i came to know by the so called teacher Mr. manoj agarwal(A THAG HIMSELF running DESTINY IAS DUKAAN IN MUKHARJEE NAGAR ABOVE "THE STUDY "coaching) himself that the management is not concerned about the future of students they gave us a fix target in which we have to "finish" whole syllabus now the onus is on students that they have to cover all the things whether they understand it or not.last request PLEASE DON'T MAKE YOUR PERCEPTION ON "ADVERTISEMENT STRATEGY" OF CHANAKYA IAS ACADEMY BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY THING IN WHICH THEY ARE AHEAD OF ANYONE ELSE AND A K MISHRA(owner) WHOSE PHOTOGRAPH YOU WILL FIND ON MOST OF THE LEADING MAGAZINE IS FRAUD OF ALL TIMES instead of wasting money their buy some good books and make notes by yourself
MYSELF (UNFORTUNATELY ) A FORMER CHANAKYA IAS ACADEMY STUDENT
N Mar 13, 2013 by
owaisalibhat

i dont know about past but i am currently studying in Chanakya ias academy and they are providing a quality education and i am fully satisfied with the faculties and the way they are teaching us.it is very unfortunate that you have faced these problems but my experience in chanakya ias academy is great and Mishra Sir is the most helpful person one can ever find in preparation for UPSC.
N Jul 19, 2013 by
DEEPMALA SHARMA

Hello to all
I have filed a consumer court case against A.K Mishra, Director Chankaya IAS Academy for the same issues at Consumer court, Sheikh sarai, New Delhi. If you want justice and a refund of your money, please dont hesitate and file your complaint immediately. The courts are very supportive and will definitely help you in gettng your money back form these fake institutes

Deepmala
deep.sm86@gmail.com
N Sep 5, 2013 by
balesh bd

hi
I've decided Sociology as my optional(IAS-2014) and i wanted to know whether it can be done by self-studying or should I go for coaching.
Since I'm staying in Mukherjee Nagar, it would be helpful if you could suggest one near to it.
N Sep 6, 2013 by
Ali bhat

This academy has hired the best of the faculty members available today and provides quality and updated study material based on the revised syllabus.A good modern infrastructure with library is available and most importantly SuccessGuru AK Mishra sir is always there to help and guide you.thank you for Guiding us
N Mar 4, 2014 by
apesha

hello..
plz guide me the best coaching center for ias exams dis yr..
reply soon..
N Mar 8, 2014 by
Garvita Chokra

Please guide me friends... I want to go for IAS but don't know anything about any coaching centre... please help me please

Chanakya IAS Academy - Unsatisfied teaching environment/Not Refunding Fees