edward murphy email scam - fraudulently taking in money on the pretext of being custom duty

lunakrishnan on Aug 2, 2012
i received a mail several months ago, from one mr. edward murffi who claimed to be the manager of a renowned bank in the us, and wanted my assistance because he wanted to transfer a huge amount of money from another place without any beneficiary... i was also to be given some commission for the same...

then just to check, i googled his name and all, and obviously found the same name as the manager of the federal bank of new york (except some spelling difference) so i believed him...

in a series of mails, he asked me to pay a some of rupees 5410, which i did, by credit card, and after that, just about a week ago i found out that he vanished.... his email was reportedly not existing, thus leaving me cheated and feeling like a fool...
the exerpt of the mail i first got is as follows

Dear Friend,

My name is Edward Murffi, I am the regional manager of one of the leading Financier Institute here, I got your information when i was searching for an oversea partner among other names. I write you this proposal in good faith.

I have packaged a financial transaction that will benefit you and I, as the regional manager of the Financier Institute, it is my duty to send in a financial report to my head office at the end of each business year. On the course of the last year 2011 business report, I discovered that my branch in which I am the manager made Ten Million united state dollars (US$10,000.000.00) which my head office are not aware of and will never be aware of. I have placed this funds on what we call escrow call account with no beneficiary.

As an officer of this bank I cannot be directly connected to this money, so my aim of contacting you is to assist me receive this money in your bank account and get 30% of the total funds as commission.

There are practically no risks involved, it will be a bank-to-bank transfer and all I need from you is to stand claim as the original depositor of these funds who made the deposit with my branch so that my head office can order the transfer to your designated bank account.

If you accept to work with me I will appreciate it very much.

Send me this information below so that we can go over the details and i will give you my full information's.

1. Your Full Name:
2. Address:
3. Private Phone number:
4. Age and Occupation:

Remember there is no risk involved i promise and contact me through my private email Id: ed_murffi@gmx.us

Thank you in advance and May God bless you and your family.

Best personal regards,