India Today Book Club - free gift not received, very fraud company

tushar manoharrao somnathe
they shown some type of contest won by you by sending email to me. accordingly i fill up the details & send it. according to them they have to send a holiday voucher worth rs. 5000 against payment of rs. 574. but they send only books & nothing else. even the logging website www.bookstoday.in/promos.htm is not opening. this is very fraud company, i request you to take serious action against such firm

Comments

Complainant8122445 India Today Book Club  - Haryana, India

I have purchased some 3 packages from India Today Book club on Feb 24, they delivered the first package after 1 month. Due to some reasons I had to cancel the remaining two orders, and I got the cancellation order number in the month of March. They assured me that the cancelled amount will be credited back in my account within 10 to 15 days. Since then it has been 4 long months and there has been no response from their side.

My cancellation Order nos. are
OGA090040115
OGA090040116

I am sorry to say, that it is not my case, it has been happening to my collegues also. The govt. should take stern actions to prevent these cheating organizations from flourishing.

I am totally frustrated by their behaviour,
Could you please help me in this regard.

Thanking You,
Niraj Kumar mishra

FREE GIFT NOT RECIVED - indiatodaybookclub(ITBC)

hi members,
i ordered kodak c180 easyshare digital camera from india today book club (itbc)with the order id TELESALES/0GB090000250. At the time of purchase they told me that you will get free holiday trip with this camera. when you will recive camera you will get coupon that you can use with booking agencies we will provide all information about that. but only recive camera nothing else. i cant find any coupon in my parcel. so please guys beware of this fraudent compny
paras pansariya

Not received the free gift - indiatodaybookclub offers

In the 60, 00, 000 Sweepstake Competition offers, I had received an offer for the set of "Saaz Musical CD's" at an offer price of Rs.2000/- + VPP Charges Rs.249/- and an free 'Reebok Sport Shoes' worth Rs.2499/- + free holiday vouchers worth Rs.5000/- + free diamond jewelry worth Rs.5000/-. For which I had paid the VPP and taken the delivery vide Invoice.No.ORA080046455 DT.24/11/2008. My membership No.ITBC08495887 and My login Web ID as:1485887 with unique number to claim special offer:148588715A080046455.
For the free gift of "Reebok sport shoes" I had made several calls over Ph.No.011-40502424 and spoken to several persons, few of the same are: Mr.Suresh on 23/12/2008.Mr.Arvindkumar on 01/04/09, Mr.H.Sardeep on 16.04.09, Mr.Mukul on 27.04.09, Mr.Adil on 20.05.09 and Mr.Sumit on 24.07.09 who gave me the complaint No.as 159765 for the non receipt of the free gift of 'Reebok shoes'.

Its with great displeasure & pain I have to lodge this complaint that in spite of the above reminders, I am yet to receive the free gift item of "Reebok sport shoes". I have been subscribing for the 'Business Today' Magazine for the past 5 years and sorry to know the state of affairs of your company in giving such false promises. Hope your will take note of this and immediately give positive response, failing which I will be forced to approach the "Consumers Forum".

Thanking you,

View contact details
To:
"'paresh paleja'" <pareshbpaleja@yahoo.com>
Dear Member,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

With reference to your mail we would like to inform you that your order is fully processed from our side and we ensure you that you will receive your parcel very soon.

You can book your holiday and air ticket only after receiving the parcel.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For further queries, please feel free to get back to us at response@indiatodaybookclub.com or for any query please call us at 011- 40502424 or SMS ITBC to 52424 or write to us at,

INDIA TODAY BOOK CLUB

India Today Book Club

________________________________________
From: paresh paleja [mailto:pareshbpaleja@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 10:05 PM
To: order@indiatodaybookclub.com; response (ITBC)
Subject: We have paid by Credit card, as per talk with Mr. Vinod Rs.5,748/=
We have paid by Credit card, as per talk with Mr. Vinod Rs.5,748/=
Refer your 440010046 dt 3rd October 2009, towards purchase for KODAK Digital Camera.and it was confirmed that Free Air Ticket will be given for Trip to GOA from 23rd to 25th October with Hotel Booking for 2dasy and 3 night's.this was confirmed by your Mr. Vinod on Phonebut still today we have not received
Camera, even not any Receipts or any confirmation for our tour to GOA why so late ? How we can be ready on 23rd
Please send us Receipt for Payments I made
and all otehr confirmed things by you.
Mr Vinod has asked us our family detail for Ticket and Hotel Bookings
is as follows :-
1) Mr Paresh B paleja date of Birth 18/05/1959
2) Miss Radhika P Paleja date of Birth 10/01/1991
3) Master karnna P. paleja date of Birth 24/01/1994
Please send all details at the earliest
we feel doubt
are you sure
have you received our payment ??
we feel we are cheated by you or what ???
Please reply soon
otherwise I will have to take Legal action again LIVE MEDIA INDIA LTD.
On the trust of name TO Day India
we have send this payment
so be care full we will take TODAY INDIA BOOK CLUB WITH ALL CONCERN OFFICE TO THE COURT OF LOW IF Find any fraud with us
Deep Regrets
Paresh Paleja
501, Kapoor Apartment
Punjabi Lane
Borivali West
Mumbai - 400 092

FREE GIFT NOT RECEIVED - indiatodaybookclub

I have purchased Britannica CD pack and the Invoice Date is 31st August.

I have filled up the required data and code for getting the free gify but not received the same till now.

From day 1 i am following up for Free Gifts and it is almost 2 months.

Thanx

Shubashish Chatterji

I have ordered the book, " The Complete History of The World"about four months ago, and have received the same by the end of December.But the free gifts that you have offered isn't received till the date.If you aren't trying to make the greivence in terms within seven days, I have to be compelled to file a suit on consumer court soon after.
With thanks'
Benny K C

fraud - India Book Club

I do not wish to address this mail with any salutaion and hence pls excuse me for being curt, rude and straight

This is shameless and completely unacceptable that a book club of your repute and stature is employing qualified thieves, liars and idiots.
I wish to place on record the conversation that happened with my husband Mr Sanjeev Kumar Julka on 02.03.10, the call came from the number 45188600 informing him about his being selected as one of the top 15 names who are being rewarded by the book club. Upon detailed disucssion it came to light that if the customer buys any two products he would be ASSURED OF A CHEQUE WORTH RS1 LAC from the club. To this the customer asked as to how come the company is offering such a big amount without any reason and the girl on the other side promptly and confidently replied that pls don't doubt or worry it is actually true. She also confirmed that after placing the order my husband would be receiving a confirmation mail on his mail id regarding the same which obviously did not arrive even the next day. To this my husband callend on the call c entre number PH No 40502424 and naratted the whole incident and a staff confirmed that there is no such scheme going on and this is a lie. Please note that the order nos given were 880081334 amd 880081626. My husband was totally shocked and horrified that the amount had been debited from his credit card and he had been duped he immediately placed the cancellation on 03.03.10 and the nos given were 392083 and 392067. The call centre informed that the money would be returned after 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It took two seconds to debit the amount and is taking 21 days for you to return a money that was taken by your fraud employee.

I am not writing anything else but a copy of this is being sent to the crime branch of CBI to investigate and round up the fraudster calling. I will make sure that the guilty are punished and dragged to the court of law for making a fool out of people who trust and are loyal customers. Pls do not try to send me any free gifts to close this call since this matter is going to be brought to the notice of many such authorities including the consurmer forum. I am agitated and aggrevied at this and demand immediate return of my money and the organisation must deal with such employees very stirctly and harshly.

Thanks and Regards,
Rupali Julka
Ph 9811081117.
Sandhya Nallabothulla India Today Book Club  - Haryana, India

Fraud company - India Today Book Club

Non delivery of order No. 880011591

My order No. 880011591 has been processed on 18th November 2009 worth of Rs. 5498/- till date the items are not delivered to me.

I paid Rs. 5498/- through my Citi Bank credit card.

I have written the mails to "order@indiatodaybookclub.com" many time and called up the customer care daily till now. But Iam not getting any response back from them.

They asked for credit card statement details and have provided them twice. but till not i have not received any product and even they have not refunded my amount.

Please take an action on this company.

Why they are harising people this this.

Here Iam attaching the address

Dominic Savio,
India Today Book Club
Dinesh Kr. Sharma India Today Book Club  - Haryana, India

Fraud by the company - India Today Book Club

On Oct. 8, 2010 I got a call from India Today Book Club telling that I have won a gift hamper and will have to pay Rs. 7498/- thru my credit card to avail the same at discounted price. I gave them my credit card no. and on being asked thru IRB machine fed my code. After that they told that I will get a gift voucher of Diamond jewelry worth Rs. 15000/- . Then again they told that the gift voucher is being increased to Rs. 30000/- and I will have to pay Rs. 10998/- to purchase a Mobile Set from them.

Sensing trouble and feeling that this is a fraudulent call, I told them that I don't need the offer and want to pull out of this. They told that the amount has already been debited from my credit card and it can't be canceled. I disconnected the call. Thru this complaint I want to inform all to keep away from this type of schemes lest you may be cheated.
N Jan 1, 2011 by
Parshantslathia ITBC India Today Book Club  - South West Delhi, Delhi, India

Fraud run by ITBC - ITBC India Today Book Club

There are endless thousands of complaint against India Today Book Club or Bag It Today. I wonder why the govt do not take any action against them. Is the chief justice is waiting to be cheated himself by ITBC or he is waiting for someone to complaint. Or because ITBC is a big group and may have a political background.
People are suffering and I am one of them who has been cheated by them.

Please take some action stop people been exploited from them.

A Cunsumer
N Aug 11, 2011 by
SSOMC India Today Book Club  - Haryana, India

HELLO
I PLACED AN ORDER WITH A COMPANY CALLED HOLLISTIC MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN INDIA FOR CHURCH ITEMS SUCH AS CHALICE / MONSTRANCE
ORDER WAS PLACED IN MARCH . PAYMENT MADE IN ADVANCE. BUT TILL TODAY N O DELIVERY .
THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD . MR TALHA AND MR SADAF IS A CHEAT .
THEY NOW HAVE STOPPED ANSWERING THEIR TELEPHONES