Kendriya Vidyalaya - Admission on transfer certificate

simirathish on Apr 17, 2013

I am a retired Air Force person who completed the terms of engagement on 31 Mar 13. My son was studying in III in Kendriya Vidyalaya Barnala, Punjab. On my retirement I am settling at my home town Trivandrum. So I approached Kendriya Vidyala Patton Principal with the transfer certificate issued by KV Barnala. However, the principal has refused to accept the application and directed me to go to KV Akulam. The school nearest to my residential address is KV Pattom; also there is a school bus service from KV Pattom which routes through my doorsteps. Whereas other Kendriya vidyalayas situated in Trivandrum is far off my residential address and they don't have school bus facility, they cater mainly for serving personnel.

When i requested the principal to annotate the reason for not processing my application she has refused to do so and has not written remarks in my application. The principal told me that it is a telephonic instruction from Deputy Commissioner (KV Sangathan Ernakulam) not to entertain applications of admission on transfer certificate from Ex Serviceman.

However, KV admission guidelines Part A General Guidelines para 6 - States the following
6. ADMISSION WITH KV TRANSFER CERTIFICATE INCLUDING LOCAL TRANSFER (TC).

(i) Admission of children with KV TC will be automatic (over and above Class strength) if the parent has been transferred from one station to another. When the class strength reaches 55, the efforts should be initiated to open additional sections.

Verbal reason given for rejection of my application was no vacancy stating the strength is over and above the sanctioned strength. However, four students have taken TC in April 2013

The principal stated that as their is no vacancy the admission will be decided by Deputy Commissioner KV Sangathan Ernakulam, however, they didn't process even that application and asked me to go to KV Akulam. When I approached principal of KV Akulam he advised me that the KV Akulam is far from my residential address and it will be cumbersome for my son to travel in an auto as there is no school bus service. He also stated that there is no such mention of deputy commissioner deciding on the admission, as the KV rules give priority as the general guidelines of admission as quoted above.

This is a blatant violation of rules and disrespect towards service personnel who are retired. Further as the admission process for all other govt and private school are over, i am in a complicated situation,

I beg you to kindly address the matter as soon as possible

thanking you,