Lals Group Dubai - Worst Employer in the World

Kamal Kalwani on Jul 15, 2011
If you would like to work for world's worst company then please try to get a job in Lals Group, Dubai. Let me tell you something about this company. The owner of this company Mr. Lal Ganwani initially made money from building the well known landmark the Lamcy Plaza. It was burnt by him to claim huge insurance and with that claims the Lals Group started growing in UAE. He is a well known play boy and his partners are rewarded with top positions in company, given shops in his malls. The best example is his VP Personnel Miss ever Hannah Mirchandani who was running a massage and beauty parlour in India gave an excellent service to Mr. Lal during his visit to India once and got this position. The company doesn't have any policy but when an employee asks for any favours they will deny it saying it is company policy which no one knows what? Most of the Managers and Senior Managers are well known useless fellows. And by mistake any good person joins this company he won't stay there for long. When they do this the company punishes them by imposing 1 Year Labour Ban. The company doesnot provide free medical insurance as they boast. Once the employee joins the company they will ask money for his medical insurance. The passports are captured as soon as you land in UAE Airport by one of the company drivers who comes to pick you up and will be handed over at the airport while leaving. In general you will be a bonded labour in this company. The other worst thing about the company is there is no life insurance for employees according to unwritten company policy but every employee is insured by the company and in case of accident or death all the money goes to the employer as how they made money intially from the Lamcy Plaza. So you die to benefit the company. The company never gives NOC to anyone as they don't want any of its employee to grow or get better in life. Overall the Lals Group dubai can be termed as "Hell".

Comments

Louis Alva Lals Group Dubai  - India

Passport Dispatch - Gulf Greetings.LLC

Dear Respected Sir / Madam,
this is regarding the Passport file # M003404/10 - MARY D'SOUZA ... i would like to humbly request you to speed up the dispath process of this passport, as this passport Holder has to reach to UAE arround 2nd of April, as my wife is about to give a birth to Baby & unfortunatly my mother is passed away on 3rd March - 2010 ... as i have no other option then bringing my mother in law to UAE in this difficult time. hope you wiil consider my humble request & do the needful earliest.
Thanking you from bottom of my Heart -
Louis Alva
Holder of PP # F2673433 ( Issued at Dubai )
A Jul 26, 2011 by
Steve Raju

I absolutely agree to the above compliant. But I am just wondering how one of their family member writing a complaint about their own company, which is really suprising. Whatever it is I really appreciate the courage that this guy eventhough part of Lals family took the intiative to tell the truth to the whole world. No one who worked, working or will work for Lals will deny the fact that they are the worst employer in the world. Please be aware and never ever join this company even by mistake.

Wishing you all the best.
A Sep 18, 2011 by
almayastaff

I agree. However Al Maya Group could compete with the Lals group for worst employers award. No wonder both the groups were off-shoots of Al Maya Lals Group earlier. They have a Dynamic Company Policy which like Lals group nobody knows. However whenever there is anything to screw employees happiness then it becomes company policy. Their HR Director who is the owner's daughter is a known brainless dictator who is surrounded by YES Men/Women. Most of the Managers are ass-lickers who manipulate things. If anyone dies in employment, then the insurance money goes to the company. They will put 1 year labout ban if anyone leaves the company or will find ways to harass the employees like false absconding case is put on the leaving employee. The HR dept bribes the labour/immigration dept. staff on eid occasions every year so that their HR policy (employee harassment) can be executed effortlessly.

Future employees beware of Al Maya Group & Lals Group. It is difficult to figure out which is the worst group of the two.

All the best.
D Sep 21, 2011 by
Real Steve raju

Who ever is using my name I would appreciate you not.. If u have to say something.. It is best you use your name. I have no complains on my tenure in Lals .. I feel no organization can tie down an employee.. U always have a choice.. Don't blame the organization for it..
D Oct 28, 2011 by
biju eric

Hi iam Biju Jose.One of your regular customer in ajman al maya.

Bad attitude from the shope in charge Mr.Dines of al maya ajman.
Very bossy, Refuse my request, to get extra carry bags of 3 or 4 pcs.
Manager reacting like lower employee.He can pass the message atleast with apology, i would be happy.
3yrs of regular purchase from al maya, first time i approched the manager and got very very bad experience.
Now iam thinking why i did purchased from al maya?

Hope you will be taking neccessary action on this complaint.

Thanks & Regards,

A well wisher!!!

BIJU JOSE
biju_eric@yahoo.com
055 8302419
N Jan 2, 2012 by
Kevin1225

To who has started this thread. My name is Kamal Kalwani I confirm that I have not made this posting. I am surprised that my name is being used to dishonor a respectable genetlman who also happens to be my family member. You are requested to remove this thread. Failure to do so wold result is us issuing legal processing against the person who has started this thread. The owners of this website have already been notified by me and it is in their recommendation that I am issuing this statement. Thank you for your cooperation. kamal kalwani
N Jan 3, 2013 by
jayabhaskaran1963

Dear Gentlemen,
Greetings to you.

It has now become my duty to clarify the points raised by certain impostors. I worked as Risk Manager in Lals Group and was handling Insurance Portfolio.

Regarding Life Insurance: I was the person who arranged the Group Life Insurance from Oman Insurance Co., Dubai and I was the person who claimed the money. Although the premium is very high the company bears the entire premium, which itself is a generous gesture. I remember the claim of late Ms.Alona Estrelloda. The amount claimed by me was deposited in a reputed bank on long-term basis and the interest accrued was transferred to the beneficiary of the deceased. In fact the company acts with such a prudence that they have become the benefactor of the family of the deceased and the objective is to promote the welfare of the employee's family. If the money is disbursed in one stroke it vanishes in one stroke and it will not reach the persons intended. The disbursement of accrued interest continues till the family stabilizes and passed on further to the next generation beneficiaries at the discretion of the management.
Labor Ban: This comment has no foundation of fact as Lals Group with 20, 000/- employees need not exhibit any contempt on outgoing employees as it is a day to day phenomenon. Everyday hundreds of employees come in and hundreds of employees go out. To the best of my knowledge no Ban other than statutory was ever imposed. In certain cases even NOC was given to take up job in other companies.
Salary Disbursement: The first of the month may forget to turn up but Ganwanis never forget to credit the salary on the previous day itself.
Medical Insurance: The premium for Medical Insurance is very high as the company is staffed with many an elderly people. Even then the Employees are subsidized and the best services were rendered. I very well remember Mr. Steve Raju's wife's case, in which the claim was not at all admissible and the employee had to bear AED 8000/-, which was taken up by me with the Insurance Company and was paid as ex Gratia without taxing the employee. The Group Medical Insurance applies only to Employees of Supervisory and Executive Cadre. Others are all given free medical facility in our own Medical Center and paid medical facility in Government Hospital. In other Emirates we had tie up with Medical Centers and Hospitals.

Lamcy Plaza: I have serviced in Insurance Industry for more than 21 years. Insurance is a very tricky issue. This comment is a common comment on each and every client when there is a claim and can be very well ignored.

Hannah Mirchandani: At the outset I condemn using filthy language as it not only degrades the forum and also the person who wrote but also femininity. I never ever remember even one lapse in her department and the systems followed in Personnel Department was exemplary. She is of course a task master and not a dictator. The allegations against her are malicious and when one reaches Mr. Lal Gawani's age the one will understand.
Although the allegations are immaterial, impertinent and irrelevant I took some time to clarify as I can not erase from my heart Mr. Jayanth Ganwani not for his wealth or power but for his knowledge and wisdom.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

G. Jaya Bhaskaran

jayabhaskaran1963@gmail.com

+91 9791063611

NB: Let the thread be alive as it would only bring out the truth entailing fame to Lals and I promise to review once in a week and write what I know.
N Mar 22, 2013 by
Ian Van

LOL. No complaint but thank you for the warning. Indeed its not written by the so called family member Kamal Kalwani but sure by an ex-employee who has burnt his or her hands very bad thus going a commendable job of warning others.

And Jaya Bhaskaran is based in Mumbai how she can comment on what that happened in Dubai. Why she has given a gmail address and not company address?
N Apr 5, 2013 by
usariz

Well. I work in Lals Group Homes r Us Trading LLC by 2 years of period. actually that is not a point for professionalism or the people who want to build their career. Specially they don't like to satisfy employee needs. no salary increment or staff satisfaction. No 1 bad company which I worked in my life. we don't have medical insurance exclude Abu dhabi visa holders. If we have to get any medical treatment we have to visit the company approved medical clinic which is called Harley medical clinic in Mankhool Road. in a time if we want to get any medicines the company will allow us to get medicines only for Dhs150. the balance we have to pay by our pocket. even they don't pay a taxi fair for a sick staff. from accommodation to hospital the one way taxi fair is more than Dhs50. company will not pay this. If a company staff want to resign his job in lals group the staff should be paid 45 days salary to the company. At least the company will not issue a no objection certificate for staff. If a staff want to go his country for an emergency purpose the company will not grant the passport to the staff until some other staff take a responsible of return of the staff. If the staff is didn't come back to company lals group will deduct an amount of Dhs4000 from the salary of staff who made a guarantee sign for the vacated staff. and these kind of so many bad policies are there in Lals Group. So this lals group should be written in top 10 bad companies in dubai.
N Apr 5, 2013 by
usariz

Well. I worked for Lals Group Homes r Us Trading LLC by 2 years of period. actually that is not a point for professionalism or the people who want to build their career. Specially they don't like to satisfy employee needs. no salary increment or staff satisfaction. No 1 bad company which I worked in my life. we don't have medical insurance exclude Abu dhabi visa holders. If we have to get any medical treatment we have to visit the company approved medical clinic which is called Harley medical clinic in Mankhool Road. in a time if we want to get any medicines the company will allow us to get medicines only for Dhs150. the balance we have to pay by our pocket. even they don't pay a taxi fair for a sick staff. from accommodation to hospital the one way taxi fair is more than Dhs50. company will not pay this. If a company staff want to resign his job in lals group the staff should be pay 45 days salary to the company. At least the company will not issue a no objection certificate for staff. If a staff want to go his country for an emergency purpose the company will not grant the passport to the staff until some other staff take a responsible of return of the staff. If the staff is didn't come back to company lals group will deduct an amount of Dhs4000 from the salary of staff who made a guarantee sign for the vacated staff. and these kind of many bad policies are there in Lals Group. So this lals group should be listed in top 10 bad companies in dubai.
N May 4, 2013 by
vksbrd

The same Petrofac International Ltd. doing
N Jul 15, 2013 by
Deepak Malkani Malkani

i am not surprised at this group of people.i have some not so good experiences from such people, not as bad as this person talks about.generally speaking they are bad employers when it comes to money.they could be good friends outside work.you cannot grow with these people unless you steal.how many god fearing peoplw would do this? the story has some turth to it.not all of it is true.

Lals Group Dubai - Worst Employer in the World