Om Packers And Movers - Worst service ever

Namrata kulkarni
This is to state that I used services of Om Packers and Movers, Kopar Khairane (http://www.ompackers.com/) on 4th April 2009 to shift my belongings from Kopar khairane to Pune.

Om packers and movers have a decent site http://www.ompackers.com and impressive looking visiting card, memos. I was easily convinced by Om packers manager Mr.Uttamrao Kauthekar and I paid him full in advance.
Little did i know that I made a big mistake - my goods (in worst imagined condition) reached after more than a month and that too after paying hefty sum to warehouse owner which is the so-called branch of Om packers.
After repeated calls to Mr Uttam Rao, it was revealed that the truck driver couldn't find my address because
he was illiterate so he dumped my belongings to so called Om packers warehouse after keeping whatever he found useful amongst my belongings(carpet, bucket, mattress, foldable bed, water can, footwear, water pipe, guitar)
The warehouse owner whom I spoke to told me he had no relation whatsoever with Om Packers and Movers and he will charge me Rs400 per day for keeping my goods.When I paid him and enquired why 2 packages were missing - he told me he takes no guarantee of stored goods. His warehouse is normally open 24 hrs as nobody would steal big sacks of potatoes

After some investigation I came to know that Om packers use vegetable trucks to delivery goods in parts and if you're lucky enough you will get all your belongings together. I called other branches mentioned on Om packers website (http://www.ompackers.com/) - as expected they all turned out to be fake.
One of them openly confessed that Uttamrao pays them a meagre amount annually to display their address as its branches.

I have registered complaint to consumer court and lodged protest with company who accredited Om Packers and Movers with ISO 2001 certification.
I can only hope justice prevails.
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

So what happened then namrata...? Just anxious ..i too would be soon shifting my house soon...

Om Packers And Movers - Worst service ever