Sir Gangaram Hospital — Gross Negligence in Patient Care
AJAY KUMAR KHANDELWAL
This is to complaint against the medical services offered at Sir Gangaram Hospital. My husband was admitted to the hospital on 23rd April, 2009 (Thursday) when he suffered from severe headache and fits. He had been undergoing the treatment with the Neuro Surgery Dept since Aug, 2004.
Despite of the long association with the doctor and the hospital, I was very dissappointed with the kind of medical services rendered by such a hospital of repute. The sequence of events is as follows:
1. Patient had gone with the symptoms of severe headache and repeated fits (GTCS as per medical terminology), to which no one was able to control the problem even though he was admitted to ICU.
2. Inspite of all reports availability viz. CT SCAN, MRI, EEG, the doctors were not able to diagnose the cause and kept saying that the patient was well while he was not. This was found to be completely untrue by me when I went inside the ICU in late evening during the visiting hours. He still had the headache and the fits continued.
3. During the visit of the senior doctor on 23rd evening, we were apprised that the patient is loaded with the new set of medicines and was under constant medical supervision. However, the reality was completely different.
4. On 23rd April (night), the resident doctor in the ICU informed that the patient may have to go for dialysis. Next day morning (24th April), we were informed that the patient is doing fine and dialysis was not performed.
5. Subsequently at 4:00 PM on 24th April, during the visit of senior doctor, we were informed that dialysis has already been performed which came as a complete shock to me. Since the decision was without my consent.
6. At 7:00 PM, the senior Nephrologist explained me that due to dialysis the patient is improving. However, the real fact was that NO DIALYSIS WAS DONE ALL THIS WHILE.
7. On the same day at 9:30 PM, however I was asked to sign the papers and give my consent for Haemodialysis by a technician. I kept wonderiung that this was the 2nd dialysis during the day when the doctors in morning had told me that there was no need. It was only at that time during my discussion, it was revealed that no dialysis had been done prior to this.
8. It would be not out of the place to mention that the patient was showing signs of recovery without dialysis.
9. However at 11:30 PM finally the dialysis was done for only 45 minutes and abruptly terminated for the best reason known to them. I would also highlight that the technician was ill-trained and highly rude. She shouted at the patient as well as the attendant, knowing very well about the condition of the patient (patient was classified as VULNERNABLE CATEGORY)
10. On Day 3 (25th April), the senior doctor from the NueroSurgery deptt was not clear as to the reason for the headache and fits. He also apologised that the dialysis was wrongly done and there was no need for the same. He said that there was a confusion and mis-communication between the staff and the doctors. IT IS VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT SUCH A BLUNDER IS HAPPENING IN SUCH A REPUTED HOSPITAL
11. I was charged Rs 19, 800 exclusively for Doctor's Visting Charges. Have I paid this only for confusion and experimentation on the patient???
I as a consumer feel very cheated at the end of all the turmoil and do not want to be at the receiving end in a situation like this. I raise this question to the consumer court and the management of the hospital to explain why the relatives iof patients have to undergo such mental agony and trauma. The role of the hospital is to provide high quality of customer service while the family is already undergoing suffering.
IS THIS THE REASON WHY THE DEPARTMENT CLAIMS TO BE THE LARGEST IN NORTHERN INDIA???
Seek your reply within 7 days, failing which I will be forced to take the matters at a suitable forum.
[Apr 03, 2014] Sir Ganga Ram Hospital customer support has been notified about the posted complaint.
|8 Comments Updated:||Share0 Tweet0 Share0|
Post your Comment
+91 11 2575 XXXX
Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110060
Consumer Complaints |
Submit Complaint |
View full list of Companies |
Latest Complaints |
Updated Complaints |
Contact Us |
© 2015 Consumer Complaints Forum
If you have any constructive thoughts, creative ideas, or reasonable offers, please, contact us immediately via E-mail