Club Mahindra Holidays - Frustrated and Cheated - Want money back

spatil003
My membership id is: 2021563, season: blue , studio
In reference to my withdrawal application dt 26-09-10 to the Club Mahindra office at the Palm Beach Galleria, Vashi, I forward my worry and unfortunate experience with the same. There has been a series of incidents that have compelled me to cancel this bondage forever.
Communication of insufficient information about the Membership, rude behavior and stereotype attitude of the Sales Executive, Seniors, bunch of misleadings and lack of communication of the officials between themselves are the main reasons of why I seek this withdrawal.
I have a sincere request that the company should take some measure against those that harm the reputation this way and also ensure that people stepping out of their offices have got all the information they need to have and not get startled or surprised wrongly after they opt for a leisure time only to find that they have added more trouble to their lives.
My series of ‘bad to worst’ experiences with the Club Mahindra, Vashi:
I got many phone calls from the Mahindra Club backoffice and was told about free offers under any circumstances – just my presence was enough they said to avail these offers- to which I responded by attending their so called 30-minute introduction which lavishly took 3 hours to communicate the product details. Though we were not happy with the attitude of the Sales Executive, we paid the amount and were happy that at least we had invested in a good company and there would be value for the money paid. But this happiness was over within a week when the ground realities were surfaced.
The form filling was without even offering us to read the terms and conditions, it seems the Club Mahindra personnel gets the details filled within three minutes so getting time to read any of the clauses to the customers was not really a practice followed.
A lot many promises and misleadings were made towards building the ‘customer’s trust’ as usual by the big branded company officials. I made a payment thru my wife’s credit card of Rs. 16031 (Sixteen thousand thirty one) on 30thAug’10 and was again told it would be credited only by 7th Oct 2010 by the Senior Officer1. Also was confirmed, the kit and the other offer cards would be reaching us within 4-5 days.
There was no welcome call made by the club, which was promised to be within 4-5 days. The amount was immediately credited to the Club’s account withih 2 days. It was disgusting to find my email address wrongly recorded. Still I have not received the email.
Poor followup aspect of the club: My wife had to ring up after a week to find the status of the same. No fruitful response was given, it was just said the courier had been dispatched which was later found as untrue.
The next call was responded with a customer care number, to which she had to ring up to ask again the status of the courier and the same was then turned smartly into a ‘Welcome Call’ by the Executive which left us with enough setbacks.
• Email entered in the system was incorrect.
• The holiday start was only by Jan 2012.
• There was a long waiting period.
• The Annual Subscription Amount told would be varying (increasing) every year and does not remain constant for 25 years.
• The Kit would reach only by 30 to 45 days.
The EMIs – another tension added:Another blow occurred when my wife called up the Credit Card office to cancel the further EMIs, only to found that the Club Mahindra had a standing instruction from their side, which she being the owner of the card also could not deny. The only option left was to cancel her Credit card.
Personnel communicated with:
• Sales Executive: Mr. Kustubh Rane
• Customer Care Executive: Ms Sangita
• Senior Officer1: Mr. Sachin Kamat
• Senior Officer2: Mr. Yogesh Wagh
• Senior Officer3: Mr. Sandip
Its really surprising to find not a single personnel knowledgeable about the product offers, details and terms and conditions involved in the membership. It’s a disgusting experience and a bitter memory I ever had.
For any company there are competitors, but if the product offered is a guarantee, it surely does well. But sorry to say, the feeling we had was that it’s only the money count of the customer and not the concern or bother of the value of the money given. Pls do not treat your customers like this.
I look for a reimbursement of my amount in full from the company.

Thanking you,

Mahindra Towers,
2nd Floor
17/18, Pattullous Road,
Chennai 600002

During signing of the membership, i was confirmed the following:

1. I was given a special offer with the membership which included the following :
a) 6N / 7D stay at any Club Mahindra Resort in India
b) Rs.3000/- worth Dining Vouchers
c) To and Fro Air Tickets for 2 Adults + 2 Children (4 & 6 years age)

2. I was very clearly told during my membership form filling about the details in point # 1 and it

was only once i was confirmed that all these things would be given in writing (confirmed by Mr Eldon

Marquee), i agreed to sign up for the membership.

3. I was also confirmed that i can try out the membership in December through a very special offer

above after paying a 15% fees (Rs. 29,161/-) which i agreed to pay instantly

Some of the incidences which go on to show how things have worked out after fees payment till now

are as follows :

1. Immediately after joining, i gave a call to Club Mahindra to book a resort on my special offer

and i was told that i cant book any resorts unless i get my membership id, which might take around

30 days time. Ofcourse, this was not made clear at the time of joining.

2. Meanwhile i received a confirmation call from Club Mahindra confirming my personal details but

the calling representative said that i am applicable to get only 2 tickets one way (instad of 4

tickets two-way as confirmed during the membership signing).

3. After my continious re-iteration of the facts, the calling representative agreed to check back

with the sales team and then called up again to re-confirm that i am applicable for 4 Tickets one-

way (instead of 4 tickets two-way)

4. I again re-iterated for 4 tickets two way and the calling representative again said that she

would come back after checking with the sales team once again but the welcome caller never called up

again. I was helpless.

5. I then re-checked on my own with the sales team and i was told that Club Mahindra cannot give

this (4 tickets two-way) in writing because of management constraints but i was continiously

verbally confirmed that i am eligible for 4 tickets two way( I still have this verbal assurance from

Mr Yoginder and Mr Eldon - hSales Team)

6. I had to wait till i recieved my membership id (Membership ID # 473669). The letter that came

along with that confirmed a few of the offerings of the special offer but stated that the Air

Tickets are only one-way.

7. Now started the next ordeal of booking a resort. When i called up Club Mahindra to book the

resort, i was very clearly told that no resort is available till Jan 26th and Club Mahindra is

helpless in this case.(while i joined on the pre-condition that i would like to visit the Munnar

Resort in mid Dec 07) (Interaction ID # 495260)

8. I had to then chase up the sales team as to why was i committed a date in Dec'07. Was it just for

the sake that i sign up as a member?

9. After hectic follow up and numerous calls with the sales team, i was given the email id of Mr

Lovleen - "lovleen.gureja@clubmahindra.com" where i had to write about my booking details. Just to

be flexible from my side, i offered alternate destination and dates in the email. When i got no

reply to the email for a few days, i called up the sales team again to find out what needs to be

done next.

10. Then, i was given the contact number of Mr Sunil Kumar who is the reservation incharge and i was

asked to start following up with Mr Kumar henceforth for Dec reservation. Sales team gave up and

said they are helpless if there are no bookings. they told that Mr Sunil Kumar is the only person

who can help me now.

11. After talking and writing to Mr Kumar, i got a response after 4 days that the said dates are not

available and i was offered alternative dates. The resort booking offered was also for 5N instead of

6N. To cooperate, i agreed to the said dates and wrote my confirmation email back to Mr Kumar.

12.After this, when i tried to follow up to get my resort confirmation, DV and Air Tickets, i could

not get in touch with either Mr Kumar or sales team. I did numerous calls to the sales team and left

many messages but i was always told that the sales team is busy and cannot attend the call. I was

assured everytime that i will get a call back, but ofcourse, i had started to expect certain

behaviour from Club Mahindra - i never got a call back

13. After numerous follow ups, i got a call from Mr Kumar that my reservation is confirmed for

Ashtmudi from 15th - 20th Dec'07. He specifically asked me whether i will be accompanied by kids

and i confirmed the same along with the age group (4 and 6 years)

14. I thought the booking is finally done. Then i got another call from Club Mahindra office (Tel

Nos.011-25117511 and 011-30852912) saying that they are looking after my resort booking since Mr

Sunil has forwarded the case to them. They were offering me Ashtmudi resort from 15th for 4 Nights

now. I said i dont want for 4 Nights since my special offer is for 6N and then i was told in that

case, nothing is available. When i re-terated the story, i got a call back saying that the resorts

are available from 10th for 5 Nights. Again, i wanted to close this ordeal and i agreed to these

new dates. After 30 min, i got another call saying that my booking is already done from 15th - 20th.

Rubbish !!! But then i agreed again. I was also confirmed during the call that the reservation is of

2 Adults and 2 Kids

15. I was also confimed during the above calls that the Dining vouchers and the air tickets would

also be delivered to me the next day but ofcourse i did not get anything.

16. I got a SMS next day that my resort booking is confirmed and the details have been mailed to my

email ID : "manoj@manojarora.not" . then i realised that my email id with Club Mahindra was

incorrect. I again called up Club Mahindra asking them to correct my email ID and send me the

confrimation mail to the correct email id ie "manoj@manojarora.net"

17.Next day when i got the mail on the correct email ID, i was again shocked to see that my

confirmation was only for 2 Adults and no kids allowed. There was no mention of my Dining Vouchers

and Air tickets

18. I wrote back to Club Mahindra and also again narrated the entire story to the sales team but

never got a positive response from anyone. I was again confirmed by Sales Team that they would

confirm me about DV, Kids accomodation and Air tickets by end of day but again didnt get any

response

19. Since now i am tired of followups and want to end this nightmare, i want to wait only till 31st

Nov 2007 to give a last chance to all concerned after which i will have to initiate the following

actions :

1. Ofcourse, i would cancel my membership and would expect my 15% advance payment (Rs. 29,161/-)

back with interest
2. I will have to go to Consumer Court to get justice done for this kind of response from Club

Mahindra
3. Go to the press to create public awareness against this club.

I am so frustated that i would not hesitate in going to any extent to get justice done to myself and

show the real face of Club Mahindra to the entire public.

My interactions with the following :
a) Yogender Singh : 09811097474
b) Eldon : 09971359464
c) Sunil kumar : 09999299425
d) Club Mahindra : 01139880000

* I can produce proofs for all Calls, EMails, SMSs as and when required
Kartha Satheesan Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I totally agree with your view of Club Mahindra. Dealing with them is quite frustating. When one sends an email you get a reply saying that they would respond within 48 hours. However, if you notice they do not. Next time you click on their response and leave the subject line same, you do not receive a response at all. To overcome this problem I started changing the subject line every time. I think we need to get together and form an association of people affected by Çlub Mahindra and lodge a criminal complaint against them for perpetuating a fraud. I was promised so many things prime among them being that the ASF would not change and also that we would be assured of bookings. Both later I found to be false. I decided to seek a clarification from them which they refused providing some vague comments. I understand that they are overbooked and also taking in many memberships by luring people through posting of representatives at Petrol Bunks and Malls. These people are assured 2 N / 3 D free holidays. Further they also sell rooms directly. Where do they have the capacity. They wish to rake in the maximum through their IPO. I have already approach SEBI and Department of Company Affairs as also CORE, etc. I request you to approach the same. Also kindly network for others with similar problems so that an united front can be put up. Club Mahindra needs to be taught a lesson and a fitting one at that.
Dinesh Jawerchand Jain Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I am also a sufferer from the non fullfillment of promises from Club Mahindra.
I was offered Free Complimentary weeks without any condition about it usage, but now they are restricting its usage to Off season only and that too at limited property.
I have selected to become member for red season as I am having School going kids, now I feel that I would not be able to utilise these complementary week.
I am ready to join the association against Club Mahindra
Tapan Mehta Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

Hello

Can we get in touch pls. I think it we need to take this up in the consumer court. I have written to their MD & even then the sensitivity is so low. Worst is the experience of speaking to their customer relationship team - most condescending - everything they do for you when you escalate is an obligation & worst part - nothing really happens on time.

My contact is nuptap@gmail.com
Pankaj Chadha Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I am also not being given any refund, though cancelling within the stipulated time. What can we do? Please suggest. If we need to take up the issue together, let's do it.
Pankaj Chadha

pankajchadha11@gmail.com
DINESH KUMAR Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I am also a victim of Club Mahindra. First of all their Sale office at Palm Beach Galleria, Vashi, Navi Mumbai chased me over telephone to visit their office. How can they call a person over phone without any appointment and how they should take the personal details of a person illegally and distrurb him repeatedly. However, a common person is lured of offer by Club Mahindra.
So, One fine day I visited them on one fine day just to have a look of the adjacent shoppong Mall and CM was just a secodnary objective.
But their Sale executives are very good at convincing the person and twist the persons brain as they a very good at gauging the persons state of mind and weakness. Within a hour of talk and without any written conditions they motivated me to sign the form and got my Credit card to pay for the intial amount of around Rs. Thiry Thousand. They did not disclose the terms and conditions like canellation rules etc.

However, after coming home and giving a cool thought I realised that this membership is not suitalbe for me financially. I got back to executive of Palm beach office for the cancellation but he kept suggesting to keep the membership.

After that I have been seding nubmer of email for refund. Their call centre executive kept telling that i should wait for 45 days for the canellation and even promised that full refund will be done unconditinally. They also promised that some executive of Club Mahindra will contact me within 48 hours regarding the canellation. But it has been more than three months and none of the CM fellow has contacted.

This has been frusrating for us. CM is really doing unfair business by engaging its sales executive to trap the simple people in unethical way. It is just a Fraud and Cheating.

I request Club Mahindra to take actin against his executive and return the money of all the CM members who has has been trapped.

I am ready to chase CM to get back the money of all the concerned people.

Let us get together and ask for compesnation for mentally harrassing the people.

Dinesh Chandraker
dineshkc@barc.gov.in
nidkap Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

Hi, Me and My husband became the victim of club mahindra's Lucky Draw scheme. Yesterday (20 oct 2008) only we got to know that its a fraud and after reading all the reviews on internet we are in a shocked state. We paid approx 34K to club mahindra, not sure if we will ever get it back.
I strongly believe and agree that public should be aware of this else many other couples like us will get suffered.
Dhan Raj Bansal Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

Thanks everyone.
From last one week thay are contacting me telling about Lucky Draw's result that I have won the 2D-3N resort stays and all...after reading this I have decided to not to go for it...otherwise tomorrow I could become another victim.
I suggest there is one program "PAHREDAAR" on CNBC AWAAZ channel, report this fraud to them with detail and they will take the case forward and solve your problem.

Sanjeev S Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I m also victim of this all . CM representative called at 7 SEP 2008 to collect 3n-4D gift vaoucher at their CSM outlet and diverted my mind by some false commitment and forced me to take membership. Today only i have posted mailto CM cust care for refund. But after reading you all i dont think they would give my money back. I can see how their sales representatives are deceiving we all.

Lets get united to resolve the issue.
Please mail me or call me @ 9990543744

Sanjeev
Pallavi Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I would like to find out if you indeed managed to take any action against Club Mahindra. As for me, we are really frustrated with CM and want to take some strong action against them.
Sharat Katariya Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

infact I'm yet another victim of club mahindra...I'm sending them a registered letter and if I don't receive a call back from their end, I'm gonna go to the consumer court...if anyone interested in joining me in that please let me know...
my email id: sharatkatariya@yahoo.co.in
Purab Shah Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I too am a victim of Club Mahindra and would like to take up the case with the consumer court. Lets unite and teach them a lesson. If anybody would like to join the cause, mail me at purab.shah@yahoo.co.in
Arvind Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

To add on to the Mahindra communications :

I had requested for the cancellation of my membership a mnth after I enrolled for it.
I asked for the details as to how much amount am entitled to get back and so.

At times I received a mail and a call saying that someone from "Member relations" would call and talk over my concerns.
This somehow happened after a month of my requesting for cancellation.
When I asked the team to call me on weekends rather then weekdays, think I received a call after 4 months ( after follow ups ) sating nothing is refundable.

The caller said she couldnt call as she was on leave for a month.

Mind you, I havent encashed any holidays with mahindras in the while.

RCI keeps sending messages askign to apply for holidays before it expires.
When tried chkign for some holiday, it says, I cannot do that after another month or so. Wonder, why the weekly text messages then.
Also, if encashing holidays in RCi location, stay for any days less then 7 days and it will eb counted as 7 days only.
RCI does not look as lucrative as Club Mahindra propogated it at the time of selling.
I think they called it their USP.
The USP itself is a question mark.
Satheesh Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

Mine is yet another horror story with Club Mahindra..no need to explain..we all are experiencing the same kind of feelings as we belong to this crappy family of clubmahindra holidays...
Why dont we just stop being rhetoric and turn things into action.
Let us see what is the best way to reach out to the Billionaire Anand Mahindra...and get some solution..why dont we take out a rally...for doing this..why dont we form a club against club mahindra to protect our interests and stop being cheated...is there anyone who is listening...
Chennakeshava Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

I have same problem, I am sending legal notice if any one wants to join me please contact
K.S Ravindra Prasad Advocate Supreme Court of India & Karnataka High Court Bangalore
ravindra.legal@gmail.com
Dr. Chennakeshava
bimal Shah Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

OVerbooking by Mahindra - Club Mahindra

Club Mahindra are gathering memberships in thousands of number but their resorts do not have rooms even if tried to book 4 months in advance. I have 2nd highest membership colour but any time I try to book the resorts are full or one get rooms only for a day or two as against promised rooms of 7 days. Or they will say 2 days are available in hotel in north and 3 days in south of India. You just cant use your free holidays. And on one hand members can not get rooms and on other sides people who are not members they get free rooms during promos.

The membership also states that Mahindra would buy back membership but I must have made many calls to them but no one responds to give me details on how to go about it.

People must beware of buying mahindra club membership as they are just collecting money with a promise to holidays but you can never actually get to have one.
Jai Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

Please get in touch with AIRDA, the Association for Timeshare Companies airda@vsnl.net
- Jai
sukhdeep Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

i too feel cheated by CM. If anything can be done to expose the fraud I'm all ready
mohindra arora Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

internet not working - mohindera products

I had given a complaint that the internet is not working, but nothing has been done so far. Its been 15days ago, no body to attand the complaint lot of call to SDO NO BODY IS LISTING OUR VOICE.
THANKS
. ..
Swati Haralkar Club Mahindra Holidays  - India

Please try following escalation matrix.

Level 1 : feedback@clubmahindra.com
Level 2 : qrc@clubmahindra.com
Level 3 : headmemberelations@clubmahindra.com

if it does not work escalate it to Ajay.Nambiar@clubmahindra.com [Head Member Relations].

Club Mahindra Holidays - Frustrated and Cheated - Want money back