Mahindra Holidays & Resorts India Ltd.,
17/18, Pattullous Road,
During signing of the membership, i was confirmed the following:
1. I was given a special offer with the membership which included the following :
a) 6N / 7D stay at any Club Mahindra Resort in India
b) Rs.3000/- worth Dining Vouchers
c) To and Fro Air Tickets for 2 Adults + 2 Children (4 & 6 years age)
2. I was very clearly told during my membership form filling about the details in point # 1 and it
was only once i was confirmed that all these things would be given in writing (confirmed by Mr Eldon
Marquee), i agreed to sign up for the membership.
3. I was also confirmed that i can try out the membership in December through a very special offer
above after paying a 15% fees (Rs. 29,161/-) which i agreed to pay instantly
Some of the incidences which go on to show how things have worked out after fees payment till now
are as follows :
1. Immediately after joining, i gave a call to Club Mahindra to book a resort on my special offer
and i was told that i cant book any resorts unless i get my membership id, which might take around
30 days time. Ofcourse, this was not made clear at the time of joining.
2. Meanwhile i received a confirmation call from Club Mahindra confirming my personal details but
the calling representative said that i am applicable to get only 2 tickets one way (instad of 4
tickets two-way as confirmed during the membership signing).
3. After my continious re-iteration of the facts, the calling representative agreed to check back
with the sales team and then called up again to re-confirm that i am applicable for 4 Tickets one-
way (instead of 4 tickets two-way)
4. I again re-iterated for 4 tickets two way and the calling representative again said that she
would come back after checking with the sales team once again but the welcome caller never called up
again. I was helpless.
5. I then re-checked on my own with the sales team and i was told that Club Mahindra cannot give
this (4 tickets two-way) in writing because of management constraints but i was continiously
verbally confirmed that i am eligible for 4 tickets two way( I still have this verbal assurance from
Mr Yoginder and Mr Eldon - hSales Team)
6. I had to wait till i recieved my membership id (Membership ID # 473669). The letter that came
along with that confirmed a few of the offerings of the special offer but stated that the Air
Tickets are only one-way.
7. Now started the next ordeal of booking a resort. When i called up Club Mahindra to book the
resort, i was very clearly told that no resort is available till Jan 26th and Club Mahindra is
helpless in this case.(while i joined on the pre-condition that i would like to visit the Munnar
Resort in mid Dec 07) (Interaction ID # 495260)
8. I had to then chase up the sales team as to why was i committed a date in Dec'07. Was it just for
the sake that i sign up as a member?
9. After hectic follow up and numerous calls with the sales team, i was given the email id of Mr
Lovleen - "firstname.lastname@example.org" where i had to write about my booking details. Just to
be flexible from my side, i offered alternate destination and dates in the email. When i got no
reply to the email for a few days, i called up the sales team again to find out what needs to be
10. Then, i was given the contact number of Mr Sunil Kumar who is the reservation incharge and i was
asked to start following up with Mr Kumar henceforth for Dec reservation. Sales team gave up and
said they are helpless if there are no bookings. they told that Mr Sunil Kumar is the only person
who can help me now.
11. After talking and writing to Mr Kumar, i got a response after 4 days that the said dates are not
available and i was offered alternative dates. The resort booking offered was also for 5N instead of
6N. To cooperate, i agreed to the said dates and wrote my confirmation email back to Mr Kumar.
12.After this, when i tried to follow up to get my resort confirmation, DV and Air Tickets, i could
not get in touch with either Mr Kumar or sales team. I did numerous calls to the sales team and left
many messages but i was always told that the sales team is busy and cannot attend the call. I was
assured everytime that i will get a call back, but ofcourse, i had started to expect certain
behaviour from Club Mahindra - i never got a call back
13. After numerous follow ups, i got a call from Mr Kumar that my reservation is confirmed for
Ashtmudi from 15th - 20th Dec'07. He specifically asked me whether i will be accompanied by kids
and i confirmed the same along with the age group (4 and 6 years)
14. I thought the booking is finally done. Then i got another call from Club Mahindra office (Tel
Nos.011-25117511 and 011-30852912) saying that they are looking after my resort booking since Mr
Sunil has forwarded the case to them. They were offering me Ashtmudi resort from 15th for 4 Nights
now. I said i dont want for 4 Nights since my special offer is for 6N and then i was told in that
case, nothing is available. When i re-terated the story, i got a call back saying that the resorts
are available from 10th for 5 Nights. Again, i wanted to close this ordeal and i agreed to these
new dates. After 30 min, i got another call saying that my booking is already done from 15th - 20th.
Rubbish !!! But then i agreed again. I was also confirmed during the call that the reservation is of
2 Adults and 2 Kids
15. I was also confimed during the above calls that the Dining vouchers and the air tickets would
also be delivered to me the next day but ofcourse i did not get anything.
16. I got a SMS next day that my resort booking is confirmed and the details have been mailed to my
email ID : "email@example.com" . then i realised that my email id with Club Mahindra was
incorrect. I again called up Club Mahindra asking them to correct my email ID and send me the
confrimation mail to the correct email id ie "firstname.lastname@example.org"
17.Next day when i got the mail on the correct email ID, i was again shocked to see that my
confirmation was only for 2 Adults and no kids allowed. There was no mention of my Dining Vouchers
and Air tickets
18. I wrote back to Club Mahindra and also again narrated the entire story to the sales team but
never got a positive response from anyone. I was again confirmed by Sales Team that they would
confirm me about DV, Kids accomodation and Air tickets by end of day but again didnt get any
19. Since now i am tired of followups and want to end this nightmare, i want to wait only till 31st
Nov 2007 to give a last chance to all concerned after which i will have to initiate the following
1. Ofcourse, i would cancel my membership and would expect my 15% advance payment (Rs. 29,161/-)
back with interest
2. I will have to go to Consumer Court to get justice done for this kind of response from Club
3. Go to the press to create public awareness against this club.
I am so frustated that i would not hesitate in going to any extent to get justice done to myself and
show the real face of Club Mahindra to the entire public.
My interactions with the following :
a) Yogender Singh : 09811097474
b) Eldon : 09971359464
c) Sunil kumar : 09999299425
d) Club Mahindra : 01139880000
* I can produce proofs for all Calls, EMails, SMSs as and when required