I brought an aparment from DLF in DLF Park Place. Few Complaints about DLF Properties:
1. Charges Dispute:
When I received the final statement, I have been charged for Club Charges but agreement doesn't mention about the club charges and club facility was included in the price. I have to pay around 4 lakhs additional which was not there in agreement. How to discpute this. Customer Service is telling me that sending the final statement is way of telling that you have to pay for club charges despite it was mentioned in the agreement.
2. Increase in number of floors: When I signed the agreement , I was told there will be 19 floors in the building. Then they increaed the number of floors to 30 without information their this major change in plan. Customer make the decision based upon the number of floors and number of apartment owners. Otherwise facilities will be compromised.
3. Calculation Mistakes : there are calculation mistakes in calculating the Government Charges.
4. Very Bad Customer Service:
DLF had very bad customer service. Customer Service is not very friendly. Customer Service doesn't want to listen to the customer. First Question, drop an email on the subject. If email is dropped then no answer. Call again.... same drama. Finally you have to give. I think DLF wants that way. Don't bother ME , I GOT your money...
5. Projects are delivered on Time: I was propsed the project will be complete in 3 years. It took 5.5 years to complete.
6. Increase the size of the apartment : Without information the customer DLF increased the size of the plot and sent me the bill for that.
It seems like DLF assumes ALL INDIANS have tons of money and they will whatever you will ask for. Of course may be BLACK money. There should be end to that.
Suggestion: India should have Housing law where consumers can appeal for dispute in charges which builder charges without telling customer.
There should be title or escrow company which holds the money until these builders deliver the product. The title/Escrow company will
deliver the money to respective parties like registration fee, government charges since it seems like there is no transparency the money the builders collect for registration and government charges and deposit in the respective accounts.