DR.BALABHAI NANAVATI HOSPITAL - MEDICAL TRATMENT

Date: 23/12/2009

Ref: Patient Name: Mrs.Rupali Jain Patient O.P.D No.:13937

Sub: Compensation Request for recurring Medical Expenses

Respected Sir,
I undersigned Mrs. Rupali S Jain was admitted to your hospital on 06th Nov. 09 under
supervision of Dr. Yogesh Velaskar. Finally I opted for discharged as my body was swollen and I was uncomfortable with the treatment over the past 19days. During treatment I realized and analyzed following discrepancies and carelessness in treatment which further deteriorated my health;
Nanavati hospital did 2D echo 2 times, ECG. 19 times , X-ray 10 times , CT scans 2 times but did not mention clot anywhere, whereas I was admitted for breathlessness due to clot in heart .

1. I do not have history of Pulmonary Embolism. From where did they find I have history of Pulmonary Embolism? Even my doppler for both limbs report is negative, no clotting in blood. How could they mention as patient with history of Pulmonary Embolism? My APLA test was positive once & negative twice.

2. PTT tests not require frequently. But Nanavati Hospital did it every 6 hours, in fact 31 times in 12 days. Treating patient like machine or animal are they doing business?

3. When I was admitted, my HB was 10, in 7 days it came down to 7 due to 4 to 5 blood tests every day. Some of them were not required like PTT. Due to HB 7, they asked to receive blood from outside, so given me two bags of blood from outside & two bags of blood from my family members. What kind of treatment is this?

4. I was admitted for breathlessness due to clot in RPA (right pulmonary artery). The first most important action to be taken by them was to thrombolyse with ALTEPLEASE; but instead of doing that, they kept me on HEPARINS. My breathlessness increased and on suggestion & order from senior Dr. Hardas, they thrombolysed on day 5.

5. When I admitted my weight was 53 kg., after 4-5 days my legs started swelling in ICU & ascities started increasing. In daily weight check, it was increasing around half kg every day. Doctors did not even thought of giving treatment on this. Lastly, at the time of discharge my weight was 65 kg & was unable to walk due to gross ascites & too much swelling. In this condition doctor given me discharge.

6. Instead of giving treatment on swelling & ascites , they gave me treatment of
physiotherapist where on doing any exercise I used to be breathless and increased
pressure on my heart which is dangerous for me.

7. Before discharging, they did 2 D echo. But did not feel important to mention about clot.

8. Doctor used to visit everyday most of the times instead of checking, he just used to see file & ask me," how am I feeling? That is not the way of checking heart patient.

9. Due to 12 to 15 days in ICU, I was having motion problem. Instead of giving some syrup like duphalac, they used to give me enema where generally we lose minerals too.

10. Doctors were aware of my problem of (motion) constipation. I had small blood in my stool because of on bed all the time in ICU due to constipation, which many patients have. They did the stool test twice & the senior doctor visited just for the 2 minutes without asking me anything & seeing the report , he ordered his assistant for ( endoscopy tomorrow at 12 which was not required at all . I refused to do that & started taking the syrup with advice of one of my family member & never had problem of blood, does that means they do a business just for money & not for saving people's life.

11. Most important after thrombolysing, it is very much necessary to give clexane injection once or twice a day minimum for 7 days to 1 month, where doctor gave just three & stopped. He started with tab Warf 2mg.

12. Total 10 doctors visited & charged, but they did not do any teamwork with each other's advice, as we do not have proof of action to be taken.

13. Doctors did not give me tab Bozetan 62.5mg in hospital when I was admitted, after discharging , next day I started taking the tab as it was written on discharge summary . I called doctor up before taking the medicine. Doctor said "no problem, you can take" Next day morning I was breathless. The doctor from other hospital found I have hypertension on this medicine & stopped it. How can doctors suggest any powerful medicines without seeing its effects & side effects on the patients? And if it was that important why did he not give me this medicine when I was in the hospital, under his observation.
I would like to draw attention of all concern people, executive committee etc
to seriously investigate the treatment as I think lack of proper treatment cost me almost double expenses.

The total hospitalization cost of Nanavati Hospital was at Rs 316224/-
Due to improper treatment I have to shift myself to Kokilaben Hospital for undertaking
same treatment which cost me additional Rs 193215/-. I could recover only due to sensible treatment at Kokilaben Hospital.
Please treat the matter seriously and refund amount spent at Nanavati Hospital of
Rs.316224/- due to carelessness and improper treatment at your Nanavati Hospital.

If compensation sought is not paid within the period of further 10days, we will take the
matter to the consumer forum, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, State & Central Govt. Also this is final reminder to our previously complained letter on 23/12/09 and the only change is in compensation amount. Also note that till now we have not claimed health damages, if your organization does not take matter seriously and genuinely, we will claim health damages up to 100% with consumer court.

Sincerely,

Mrs. RUPALI SAMEER JAIN

9322222124/022-67252552

Cc:The Trustees of Nanavati Hospital
Complaint comments 1 Comment     Updated:

Comments

Lunatic TNPSC and Government of Tamilnadu Complaints - Physiotherapy Subject NOT INCLUDED in the TNPSC Information Brochure in ANNEXURE – II (Page-18) with listed Name of Subject & Subject Codes
View all Lunatic TNPSC and Government of Tamilnadu complaints

1. Thiru. Ramesh Chand Meena, I.A.S.,
Secretary, Tamilnadu Public Service Commission,
Phone: - 044-25363514, Fax: - 044-25381893
2. Thiru K.K.S.S.R. Ramachandran,
Minister for Backward Classes, Govt. of Tamilnadu.
3. Thiru T.M. Anbarasan,
Minister for Labour, Govt. of Tamilnadu.
4. Thiru M. R. K. Panneerselvam,
Minister for Health, Govt. of Tamilnadu.
5. Dr. K. Ponmudy,
Minister for Higher Education, Govt. of Tamilnadu.
6. The Vice Chancellor, Dr. K. Ponmudy,
The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.

Sub: - “Partiality on Physiotherapy students who has completed the 4 ½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course – No way for Physiotherapist to get a JOB in Government Sector– 1. Physiotherapy Subject NOT INCLUDED in the TNPSC Information Brochure in ANNEXURE – II (Page-18) with listed Name of Subject & Subject Codes – 2. Rejection of Applications by candidates holding 4 ½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course for the post of HEALTH OFFICER [Advertisement No: 175, Tamilnadu Public Health Service(Code No.052), Post Code-2029] – 3. Requistion to ACCEPT the applications of candidates holding 4 ½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course – 4. To INCLUDE the Physiotherapy Subject for TNPSC Recruitments – Revenge on Physiotherapist by The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University - reg”

Honourable Chief Minister,

1. The lunatic act of TNPSC has failed to include the PHYSIOTHERAPY as one of the subjects in ANNEXURE – II at Page No.18 in the respective information Brochure. Hence there is no way for the Physiotherapy Degree Candidate to attend any TNPSC recruitments or to hold a Job in Government Sector. Clarify the reason for why physiotherapy was not included as a subject.

2. (a) As announced in paragraph 8 of the Commission’s Notification dated 20.09.2008, the SCHEME OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION (OBJECTIVE TYPE) AND ORAL TEST is from the Subject “Social and Preventive Medicine (Code No.105)”.
(b) Students of 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course from colleges affiliated to “The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University” at Chennai has to study “Social and Preventive Medicine” as one of the major papers and has to undergo an Written Exam by the University in the sixth semester.
(c) Hence the candidates holding 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course were eligible to attend this Exam.

3. Ms. R. Malliga, Under Secretary undersigned by Section Officer from TNPSC as Memorandum No.6741 HO/APD-J1/2008, Dt.03-12-2008 with the sub: - Recruitment (Direct) – Health Officer in Tamilnadu Public Health service 2007- 2008 – Rejection of Applications –regarding has send an letter to Mrs. Annie N. Nisha, the Physiotherapist who has completed the 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course, intimating that the Application for Health Officer has been rejected.

4. The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University is already taking revenge over the Physiotherapist by spoiling the future of Physiotherapy students. Still there exist a cold war between Allopathic Doctors and Physiotherapists. Allopathic Doctors dominate the University and so students of many colleges affiliated to this University were failed intentionally and most of the students joined in the 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course in the year 1998 were still studying the same course and not able complete the courses for a prolonged period of ten years.

5. Hence it concludes that the above said crime was committed with a joint venture of “The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University and TNPSC.

Hence I humbly request you to
i). Direct the CBI to probe the hidden causes, which spoil the well being and bright future of young students and Physiotherapist and
ii). Instruct the TNPSC to accept the rejected Applications of the candidates who has completed the 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course.
iii). To INCLUDE the Physiotherapy subject as one of the subjects in the Annexure-II [Page No – 18] of TNPSC Information Brochure for Recruitment
iv). To save the young Physiotherapy students from the cruel and wicked hands of The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University. A separate University should be established for Paramedical courses and it should be headed only by the persons holding Paramedical Educational Qualifications and the Allopathic MBBS and so on should be strictly avoided.
v). The Rejected Applications of Candidates holding 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course for the Post of Health Officer, should be re-accepted and the Hall Tickets for the Written Exam on 21–Dec–2008 should be issued immediately before the date of Exam.
vi). Failing to RE-ACCEPT the Rejected Applications of Candidates holding 4½ years Bachelor of Physiotherapy Degree Course for the Post of Health Officer and to ISSUE the Hall Tickets will lead us to do things against the Present Government and the lunatic TNPSC by revealing the above said things across all Taluks & Districts of Tamilnadu by Public Meetings, Rallies, Newspapers, Internet, Email, sms and by possible means initially.

Expecting your favourable action,

[Hubertson]

Copy To: -
1. Hon. Sonia Gandhi, The Chairperson, UPA.
2. The Prime Minister of India
3. The President of India
4. The Chief Justice of Tamilnadu.

DR.BALABHAI NANAVATI HOSPITAL - MEDICAL TRATMENT