Ford Figo — Technical problems in CAR

Sammy Boy
Dear All,

New ford figo has following problems

1. Digital ODO meter
2. Central locking system
3. Hand Brake indicators
4. Spare parts availability
5. Service issues
6. 2nd gear pick-up of car on a hill with A/C

Be cautious & buy any other car .... but not ford brand.
Complaint comments  21 Comments     Updated: Share0Tweet0Share0

Comments

bought petrol figo really dissapointed with the mileage. it gives 10 in city and aound 13-14 on highway.

Ford Figo — Delayed Delivery

This is utterly disappointing the way ford dealership behaves. They are delaying the delivery of the vehicle time and again. So much so they are rushing me for the different color.

They event don’t know what they are talking And sales staff is suitable for auto rickshaw selling. I plan to switch to some Indian Show more... brand.

I don't expect them to deliver good servicing also.
Maybe the delay is because of the advance they have received. I am also a victim of this policy .Please advice your contacts to switch to Maruti it is the best. They reply to mails and call too

Ford Figo — Short supply

Dear Sir.

I bought a ford fogo 2 months back from India garage. During delivery from India garage the Car was delivered without foot mats. Even after 2 months they have not delivered the foot mats. No proper replies are given.

Ford Figo — figo petrol mileage

figo petrol version had less milege in all conditions . an average of 14 km maximum.
i agree my figo also gives me 10 km in the city
hi! my figo petrol gives me 12-13 kms in city driving.
pls note, that all cars are very sensitive to tyre pressures. do check a reliable air filler ( also the gauge, which many a times are faulty & OF LOCAL MAKE).

vidyadhar
Agree Ford Motor Company is actualy Fraud Motor Company

Ford Figo — price difference

Dear sir

i am suresh varmora i intrested to buy ford figo car 1.2 EXI model but i confuse due to as per ford company site rajkot city ex showroom price for this model is around Rs 4,00000 but as per rajkot ford eagle show room price list this model Ex-show room price is Rs 4,15000 how it is possible. pl. give Show more... me reply if possible Show less
Usually in any car, 2nd gear is trouble due to gear ratio balance in gear box design. This problem persists in high end cars also, I made several iterations in design of the gear box in PG for 4 speed and 5 speed, but never attained an optimized gear ratio, because speed that we go will be in such a way that needs a 2.5 gear, that is gear between 2 Show more... and 3...
That is the reason we provide 9 gear vehicle for heavy trucks, like dump trucks which costs 7-9 lakhs for gear box alone.
Try this method in your car, release the clutch gently and raise the accelerator a bit this works very good for cars.
third gear is optimized, we feel good pickup

Ford Figo — irresponsible service

i had given my car stereo for repair 1 and half months ago..but i still didnt get it repaired...each time i ask they say that they will give the next day.
in kannur pvs ford d service is very bad
Ford Figo is one of the worst cars that anyone can buy, the service people always end up saying that everything is allright and within Ford India specifications. What they really mean is that Indians are below standard and we have make do with whatever is sold to us. If Ford India is really genuinely concerned about good customer service, the least Show more... they can do is to get feedback from all customers who have been reporting problems and "rectify" them all as a genuine gesture of good will and replace all parts if necessary at thier cost.

1. Suspension very hard
2. Headlights not at all good, infact dangerous
3. Windscreen reflects the dashboard and the image superimposes on the front vision throwing a customer's driving to hazard
4. Road Clerance is pathetic when fully loaded
5. Mileage is the worst
6. Doors and Body have odd sounds
7. Brakes create a lot of sounds even on Models which have ABS
8. No Pickup in 2nd gear even on normal roads with AC on
9... the list can be endless
I totally agree with the above complaint. I am too facing following problems in my newly purchased FIGO.

1. Digital ODO meter - Even after adding some amount of fuel, the odometer shows the original status only. The readings do not match the actual mileage.
2. Hand brake indicator - It is always showing in active condition, even after locking the Show more... car.
3. Power loss in AC - In AC mode the pick up is highly diminished.
4. Noise from door and body - Its doors makes a typical noise of rubbing during driving.
5. Hard wipers - wipers feel some kind of resistance and makes noise.
6. Poor mileage - giving me a mileage of 10/km on petrol.
My self Rajneesh jindal I suggest to all that never buy a ford car. they manufacture poor products.

Call-08146520009

I am sorry to hear your difficulties with your ford car. Even i have the worst experiences with ford and its service people. I am updating and contacting people having trouble with ford. Can you pls add me to your Facebook and update all your issues in there. here is my link for that. I believe we can fight against ford. Pls help us to Show more... give more awareness to people.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Remesh Joseph
remeshkallarackal@gmail.com
The problems mentioned above are true.
Service is too poor.
The front desk girls of ford are always insisting for the points. And they expect that we help them to earn points even though we are not at all satisfied.Ford is the worst choice any one can make.
I owe Figo for last 5+ years, and trust me my over all experience is not that bad as mentioned in number of comments above.
Trus me Ford has far better quality of service than Volkwagen. if you guys rate Ford as 2/5 in services than i can bet u will give volkwages Negative Five. Issue depends on service centres, if you try KS ford in Jaipur they are Show more... just average in quality of service while Harpreet ford Gurgaon is 4/5 or 5/5 normally. Show less
Once in St. Marks Road Service Ceneter (Ford Fiego Service Center and Sales Center)
I had left my car for body repair for damaged part due to tree fall.
When I went to receive the car, it was all done and ready but some billing process was happening. The car was parked by them near to entrance which was meant for parking. But due to poor management Show more... another big truck tried to enter from that place and damaged the same repair part again (although small).
The ford people said it will cost only about Rs. 500-1000 but the car has to be sent to same place (40 km away) for doing the same repair again.
They did not even had the courtesy to say that they will bear the cost as all the fault/negligiency/responsibility was theirs.

Instead they said this cost is too small for me (and I assumed it is too big a cost for a company like ford). I just left that place taking my car in the same condition.

They don`t even have the ethics of discussing or thinking about whether some one has the power to take decisions on such matters or simply shoo away the customer after taking money from them.
100 % correct with all the complaints stated above. I have been using Ford Figo for the last one n half year. The problem with 2nd gear, poor mileage, low ground clearance, odometer, poor power when AC is own, odd sound maybe due to problem with shock absorbers, torque problem up on the slope, vision problem on the curves due to broad angular frame Show more... on the right side, poor pick up, especially, while trying to speed up after having slowed down, and Manu more. This model should be recalled by Ford India. Thnx! Show less

+91 44 6740 3333 (Corp. Office)
    S.P. Koil Post, Chengalpattu, Tamil Nadu, India - 603204