HDFC Bank - Account Closure | Misplaced documents by HDFC Representative

Dalton Pereira on Mar 21, 2012

Few months back i transfered my account to another HDFC Branch. The representative who initiated the account transfer said that my old account will be closed automatically after filling this closure from and the money will be transfered to the new HDFC branch account and i do not have to worry about anything. Once the money got transfered, he called me and told me that my old acc has been closed.

Last month when I visited my old branch for some other work, I got to know that my account is not yet closed and it is running on 0 balance. I told the bank helpdesk representative that i have closed this account months back. She said it has not been closed. And now she is requesting me to pay service charges that is crossing more than Rs. 3,000/-.

I tried calling the Representative who Transfered my account to the new branch, but he does not answer.

The bank Helpdesk representative said that he has left the job months back and may be he misplaced the closure form.

Now is this my fault ? Why should i pay extra service charges to close the account if an HDFC representative had misplaced my closure documents. Please do something about this.

Dalton Pereira.