HDFC Personal Loans - Issues with Personal Loan Top-up

sanlak23 on May 18, 2011
Dear Sir / Madam

I would like to file a complaint against HDFC Bank Ltd, that I have faced so many issues with HDFC personal loans.

I am Muthuraj from Chennai, working in a private company. I took the following personal loan from HDFC bank Ltd., last year (Jan 2010):
Loan Type: Personal Loan
Bank: HDFC
Branch: Selaiyur
Acc No: 15758841
Amount: 2,42,863.00 INR
Interest(%): 16
EMI: 6,080.00 INR
Duration: 5 years.
I was requested to submit 60 cheque leaves of 6080 INR for 60 EMIs ( as my salary account was with SBI Bank).

On Oct 2010, I got a call from T Nagar branch HDFC representative (named Anand) for an additional top-up (higher interest rate 18.5%) of my existing loan. I had been said by him that additional top-up won't effect my existing loan, but the higher interest rate will only be applicable for the top-up amount. I believed in him and applied for the top-up. After sometime, in Nov 2010, my top-up got approved and I was informed by the same person that my existing loan account was settled and closed with and a new loan account is opened. Here are the details:
Loan Type: Personal Loan
Bank: HDFC
Branch: T Nagar
Acc No: 17710115
Amount: 1,06,739.00 INR (Top-up) + Amount of existing loan account closed
Interest(%): 18.5
EMI: 8,456.00 INR
Duration: 5 years.

For this also I was requested to submit 60 cheque leaves of 8456 INR for 60 EMIs ( as my salary account was with SBI Bank). After this only I realized that I was cheated by the person for his own opportunities. I thought it should be a different loan and different EMI. I called him many times and asked him for the clear details of my loan. He didn't give me proper explanations. I was forced to accept the offer as the amount was already credited to my account, and also due to my urgent financial needs.

1. Could you please take necessary actions to control these activities by HDFC representatives and management?

Another issue is that they didn't yet send me my cheque leaves submitted for my first loan (#15758841). 11 EMIs completed, so 49 cheque leaves should be returned. I called HDFC Customer support many times (both Dial and Online support), I didn't yet get solution to my problem.

2. Could you please take necessary actions to advice HDFC Bankers to resolve my issue?

Thanks in advance for your help. I am highly disappointed and unhappy with HDFC services.

Muthuraj L
muthuraj(dot)muthucse(at)gmail(dot)com
+91 98 94 71 78 56
S2, Parihar Nivas, Janakiraman Nagar 3rd St, Perungudi, Chennai - 96.

Comments

Bhupendra Gupta HDFC Personal Loans  - India

Harrasment, abusive,threating and unfair practices from HDFC representative Paras Chavan and his supervisor Siddarth Girkar - HDFC Personal Loans

I had taken a personal loan from HDFC but due to some personal reasons I and medical issues pertaining with my family I was unable to me some payments. I agree I could not pay them but I am trying by level best to do some arrangement and pay them as soon as possible. But two people by HDFC collections department by the name of Paras Chavan and his manager Siddarth Girkar are been calling me constantly on a daily basis and also the guy Paras Chavan also uses a lot of abusive language not only with me but also with my family members especially with my mother. I agree bank has the right to ask for their money back but there needs to be a procedure where you can be treated like humans. Last week HDFC collections department representative paras chavan sent his advisor at my house which is totally illegal, and he was standing out my house and asking for money and was creating a scene in front my family members. The address for this collections agency which calls me is at Abora Complex above McDonald’s on 6th floor borivali (w). I agree the bank can call at least once or twice a day, this guy paras chavan calls no where less than 10 times a day because of which my mothers health is also effected adversely. I would genuinely request you to take some stringent actions against him as today he called me again and threatened me saying that if am not paying him by tomorrow he will make this issue much messier and I will have to repent for it. This guy paras’s chavan has also used abusive language with my mother which I actually cannot write over here. I request to the banking codes to take necessary steps against the firm and the representative, as this act of his was also brought in notice this supervisor Siddarth Girkar where no necessary actions where taken and he continued his act of nuisance
Bhupendra Gupta HDFC Personal Loans  - India

Harrasment, abusive,threatening and or unfair practices from representative from HDFC Paras Chavan - HDFC Personal Loans

I had taken a personal loan from HDFC but due to some personal reasons I and medical issues pertaining with my family I was unable to me some payments. I agree I could not pay them but I am trying by level best to do some arrangement and pay them as soon as possible. But two people by HDFC collections department by the name of Paras Chavan and his manager Siddarth Girkar are been calling me constantly on a daily basis and also the guy Paras Chavan also uses a lot of abusive language not only with me but also with my family members especially with my mother. I agree bank has the right to ask for their money back but there needs to be a procedure where you can be treated like humans. Last week HDFC collections department representative paras chavan sent his advisor at my house which is totally illegal, and he was standing out my house and asking for money and was creating a scene in front my family members. The address for this collections agency which calls me is at Abora Complex above McDonald’s on 6th floor borivali (w). I agree the bank can call at least once or twice a day, this guy paras’s chavan calls no where less than 10 times a day because of which my mother’s health is also affected adversely. I would genuinely request you to take some stringent actions against him as today he called me again and threatened me saying that if am not paying him by tomorrow he will make this issue much messier and I will have to repent for it. This guy paras’s chavan has also used abusive language with my mother which I actually cannot write over here. This act of his was also brought in notice this supervisor Siddarth Girkar where no necessary actions where taken and he continued his act of nuisance. As I have taken a loan he need to speak to me whereas he calls my family members and asks them to make a payment. He will always calls when I am not home, once it had happen that he was talking to me on one of his office line and later from the other line he called by land line number and telling me now wait and watch how I will take your and your family's case... It is my plea to the banking codes that I am not denying that I don't want to pay it is just that I am going through a very difficult situation and should be able to arrange some amount at least by this or so... it is not that I am saying I don't want to pay I have to pay it is that the situation is not just right. This representative from the collections department Paras Chavan I calls up every day and speaks very rudely with my mother me and even after asking him that if being a bank representative can suggest some alternative so that we can try to pay, , he says go and start begging were you shall at least be able to earn some thing... this is a total unacceptable behavior from a banking firm representative... now it is your call how you can help the consumer rights being helped and were customers can be treated as humans...
Bhupendra Gupta HDFC Personal Loans  - India

Banking codes please look into this and try to provide a resolution as soon as possible
Bhupendra Gupta HDFC Personal Loans  - India

Harrasment, abusive,threating and unfair practices by recovery agent of HDFC name Paras Chavan - HDFC Personal Loans

Address : Abora Complex : 6th Floor AT mcdonald's bldg brovali (West) COmplaint Agianst recovery agent Paras Chavan and his firm where this issue was also brought to his supervisor and no action was taken supervisor name Siddarth Girkar.

Complaint:

I had taken a personal loan from HDFC but due to some personal reasons and medical issues pertaining with my family I was unable to make some payments. I agree I could not pay them but I am trying by level best to do some arrangement and pay them as soon as possible. But two people by HDFC collections department by the name of Paras Chavan and his manager Siddarth Girkar are been calling me constantly on a daily basis and also the guy Paras Chavan also uses a lot of abusive language not only with me but also with my family members especially with my mother. I agree bank has the right to ask for their money back but there needs to be a procedure where you can be treated like humans. Last week HDFC collections department representative paras chavan sent his advisor at my house which is totally illegal, and he was standing out my house and asking for money and was creating a scene in front my family members. The address for this collections agency which calls me is at Abora Complex above McDonald’s on 6th floor borivali (w). I agree the bank can call at least once or twice a day, this guy paras’s chavan calls no where less than 10 times a day because of which my mother’s health is also affected adversely. I would genuinely request you to take some stringent actions against him as today he called me again and threatened me saying that if am not paying him by tomorrow he will make this issue much messier and I will have to repent for it. This guy paras’s chavan has also used abusive language with my mother which I actually cannot write over here. This act of his was also brought in notice this supervisor Siddarth Girkar where no necessary actions where taken and he continued his act of nuisance. As I have taken a loan he need to speak to me whereas he calls my family members and asks them to make a payment. He will always calls when I am not home, once it had happen that he was talking to me on one of his office line and later from the other line he called by land line number and telling me now wait and watch how I will take your and your family's case... It is my plea to the banking codes that I am not denying that I don't want to pay it is just that I am going through a very difficult situation and should be able to arrange some amount at least by this or so... it is not that I am saying I don't want to pay I have to pay it is that the situation is not just right. This representative from the collections department Paras Chavan I calls up every day and speaks very rudely with my mother me and even after asking him that if being a bank representative can suggest some alternative so that we can try to pay, , he says go and start begging were you shall at least be able to earn some thing... this is a total unacceptable behavior from a banking firm representative... now it is your call how you can help the consumer rights being helped and were customers can be treated as humans...
A May 20, 2011 by
ermajyoti

I have taken personal loan a/c no. 11369175 from hdfc bank, and in between paying emi's I left my job due to which no salary was transferred to my standard chartered account due to which amount was not deducted from my account and I started paying cash every month to hdfc employee.

Now I have cleared total amount but they are now asking for rs 14000 extra.

At the time of giving loan your person was ready for everything from coming and collecting dox to arranging paperwork, but later on your employee was coming to collect cash amount every month but not ready to have the form filled and have emi activated from new bank account.

WHEN YOU TALK TO HDFC TO HELP EMPLOYEE THEY WILL HARRASS YOU AND SHPUT ON YOU...

NEVER TAKE HOME LOAN FROM HDFC INFACT ICICI IS VERY GOOD