I had lodged a complaint regarding Hitachi Window AC with Customer Complaints. A representative came to repair the AC and there was an attempt to cheat me. I am trying to get in touch with some one from Hitachi (rather than Customer care). If any one has any leads, kindly help. Mail to Hitachi is reproduced below.
1. Pl refer to my complaint No 12060400002 registered on 04 Jun 2012.
2. On 05 Jun, a person came to repair the AC.
After examination, he told me that the fan unit was faulty and Rs
3900.00 would be charged for repair. Since the AC is only 13 months
old, this was very unlikely - my recommendation was to check for
feathers of birds, since there are far too many pegions. However, when
the person insisted, I told him to replace the fan unit.
3. The person returned at 10 pm - as he began to replace the fan unit,
I saw that the fan unit was a used one. When I asked the person, he
admitted that it was a used one. Pl refer to photograph attached - all
the relevant details are given in the photo. He told me that the old
peice was carried by mistake. He was extremely casual and when
questioned, he just did not care. This was a clear attempt to cheat
and is highly objectionable.
4. I now have a doubt if the fan unit is faulty at all. Kindly do the
a. Have the AC inspected by a different person from a different agency
preferably from Hitachi on roll person.
b. Initiate measures against the representative and kindly inform
me regarding this.
5. This being summers, please have the actions taken on PRIORITY.