HP Color LaserJet 3600n Printer - repair price way above the purchase price of the printer.

Dr.Amit Prakash
Sir/Madam, Two years ago I have purchased printer, Hewlett Packard Colour Laser Jet 3600n (model number is Q5987A and serial number is CNSKD62056). Recently I started facing problem with the printer. On its screen it showed that the printer was ‘calibrating’ and even after long duration it could not proceed to other level due to which no printing work could be done by it. Before this problem, there was too much sound during printing.

Hence, I took my printer for repair to your Okhla centre, New Delhi, India. After waiting for more than a week I got estimate for the repairing that was way above than the original price of the printer. I had purchased the printer for Rs.25, 500 which is mentioned in DGS&D Rate Contract No. Computers/IT-1/RC-71010000/0507/81/DA244/1704 (official quote price given by HP). In comparison to this price for repair quoted by your service centre was Rs.53, 561.49.

Therefore, in a way the repair price was more than two times the cost of the printer. Unable to bear cost of repair we took our printer back without repair. I am writing this to register my complaint against this. How could repair price be more than the purchase price of printer?

Hope to hear soon from you regarding this.

You can send your reply to following mail addresses:
amit@mail.jnu.ac.in
manu.sushant@gmail.com

Our address is:
Dr. Amit Prakash Associate Professor, Centre for the Study of Law and Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi-110067. India. Mobile Number: 91-9868263407 and 91-9891603132.

Note: The Repair estimate number is: 2608166773-261 and serial number is RT/QF/HP SC/06. The address mentioned on the estimate is:

RT Outsourcing Services Limited,