Idea 3G Netsetter - Cannot check data usage

hpp12381 on Oct 4, 2011
I have purchased the Idea 3G netsetter lase month. I have opted for plan 850 where i am paying Rs 850 and getting the usage of 3 GB+3 GB = 6GB till December end. When i started using this, i found out that if you are using it on multiple laptop, there is no way to find out how much data you have used till now.

When i called customer care to find about it, they said there is no way to check the data usage in Idea 3G. While other operators gove that option, why IDEA is taking advantage of peoples' non-interest of knowing the data usage. Tomorrow, if they tell you that you have used 10 GB of data, there is no way to challege them the authenticity of the statistics.

I request you to take this matter to upper management and give this facility to all cosumers as soon as possible.

Comments

A Oct 23, 2011 by
gimme.junkmail

i second your complaint

i just want a way to check my available balance

and i refuse to believe this is not something that such a huge company can provide easily

the customer service people are severely hard to deal with, rendering this service utterly unhelpful when i inadvertently ran out of credit before 30 days and nobody would tell me what i needed to do
- that is, until i started spraying out cash! they made me buy the wrong plan (rs 300) and then an unnecessary top-up (rs 156), until i finally went to a shop and inserted an additional rs 1250 plan. i never received back the 300+156, and i never will.

i don't understand why they cannot comprehend the basic need of this feature - for the simple sake of topping up before i run out of fucking internet!!!
A Feb 5, 2012 by
shuklasaurabh33

I M ALSO AGREE WITH U BRO...
A Mar 3, 2012 by
pujaravs

Unfortunately TRAI is not doing its job & that allows Big Business to cheat their customers
A Mar 23, 2012 by
Rakesh kr singh Kushwaha

I too agree that why can't we check our data usage? Once IDEA claims to get idea for nonsense facilities so, why they don't want customer to get idea for usage detail.

Rakesh
ex. Indian Navy
N Apr 18, 2012 by
ajeesh18.rajan@gmail.com

I have purchased the Idea 3G net setter last 3 month. I have opted for plan 599 where i am paying Rs 677 and getting the usage of 2 GB. When i started using this, i found out that my bill rate coming more so i have changed my plan to 349 in this month. Today i got 1 call from your customer care that your credit limit is crossed i.e approx rs 1680/-

When i called customer care to find about it and told them that please give me the hard copy of this, they said there is no way to check the data usage in Idea 3G. While other operators give that option, why IDEA is taking advantage of peoples' non-interest of knowing the data usage. Tomorrow, if they tell you that you have used 10 GB of data, there is no way to challenge them the authenticity of the statistics.

I request you to take this matter to upper management and give this facility to all consumers as soon as possible.
A Aug 4, 2012 by
Krishna Radhe

Respected sir/Madam,
I am using idea 3g netsetter. I am getting very poor speed. The first 10 days I get better speed after that very bad speed. No way to check my usage. I make call with customer care, they have no idea and bad response
the idea is cheating me.
My netsetter number is 8750820149
N Aug 25, 2014 by
john alexander

Yes it is really bad, company must change this

Idea 3G Netsetter - Cannot check data usage