Kingfisher Airlines - Not allowed to board

manojthorat on Feb 21, 2011

I am Manoj Thorat and was supposed to travel by Kingfisher flight IT3181, from Mumbai to Chennai having PNR - CDUJVP.

I checked in with a seat no 28D. This flight was at 6.25 am at the International terminal. During the rush hours, there was a lots of rush at the security checking. After the security check in, I proceeded to the counter. With one of the person from Kingfisher Airlines, I was misled to go to Level 0 for boarding. Where as the flight was from Level 2. I had to come back to Level 2. I was at the counter at 6.04 am for boarding and the person Mr. Anit Trivedi recorded the time as 6.05 am and did not allow me to board the flight citing that it is an international terminal and we cannot allow further delays. As per the rule I was within 20 minutes at the Gate and I was yet not allowed. On the contrary there was nobody from the airlines at the security checking for speeding up or no announcements or call on my mobile. I have missed an important meeting at Chennai and I am at total loss. I look forward to a compensation from the airport authority and the Kingfisher airlines.

Thanks.

Manoj

Comments

N Jan 13, 2011 by
sayal_riddhima@yahoo.com Kingfisher  - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

did not allow to board - Kingfisher

Was not allowed to board the flight.
Was just late by 5 minutes and i was told that i cannot board.
Harrased for 2 hours; told me to get a fresh ticket.

They were unproffesional and gave lame excuses as my ticket was on miles.

I was told that AS PER DGCA; even if you are late by 2 minutes you cannot board;
It is all bullshit; and the fact is that they must be overbooked.

I know there wouldnt be any action taken upon this.

But our duty is to inform.
N Mar 1, 2011 by
bharatmantha Kingfisher  - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

same problem with me. Bangalore airport. Late by few mins and they refused . what a disgusting attitude. Costed me an additional 11000 for a mere 4000 ticket. Shit people. Hope the airline comes down.
A Mar 1, 2011 by
bharatmantha Kingfisher  - Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

What a shame to the nation ? Courts dismissing charges against Kingfisher airlines truly reflects the poor plight of organization. I had a harrowing experience with KF. Though I was late only by 2-3 mins they dint let me check in recently that had costed me an additional 11000. To hell with their policies. Bangalore with all its traffic had already screwed my day. I started 3.5 hrs prior departure and had a nightmare awaiting. The actual ticket was only 3k but the new ones I had to book costed me an additional 11k. KF says it shall reimburse about 1k .LOL. Ofcourse the judge can never feel the loss. WHo knows how much is he being paid by KF for such frigging judgements?
N May 15, 2011 by
raj_kumar_khurana Kingfisher Airlines  - New Delhi, Delhi, India

Not allowed check-in - Kingfisher Airlines

I was not allowed to check-in on the pretext that I was 5 minutes late ( I reached at 09.00 hrs. for the flight of sch. dep. 09.55 hrs.), if the airlines have accommodated any other passenger on my seat then it is a clear case of cheating.
ORIG TICKET NBR-0905153072527 for date 15-05-11
Virtual coupon record-0902170389482.
N Oct 19, 2011 by
rajesh_pai@hotmail.com

Inspite of being one hour prior to my Chennai flight on 29th Oct 2010, me and my family of 5 members were not allowed to board the flight saying that we were late, by Kingfisher Red airlines..We were unnecessarily made to wait thereby delaying us further and later claiming that we had to report atleast 40minutes prior to the flight…This is a clear case of over booking and cheating done by Kingfisher Red airlines which claims to give good service but in true sense follows unethical business mehtods.This kind of disgraceful behaviour by Kingfisher staff will surely bring down the reputation of the airlines… These are good techniques to gain profit but will not last long and will give a severe blow to the airlines soon… I am entitled to receive the whole amount whereas Kingfisher Red airlines has deducted the basic fare amount which is just not acceptable thus saying it’s a ‘no show’…There are many such cases where my friends and relatives were not allowed to board flight even one hr prior to their departure…Such cases are coming across only with Kingfisher red airlines for which they will have to a pay heavy price some day. The staff of Kingfisher red is not only inefficient and slow in their work but also very shrewd in holding back their passangers deliberately and thereby delaying in giving their boarding pass.. They are very well trained in handling their passangers in a very inhuman way…Well done Kingfisher red airlines…Kingfisher Red Airlines Sucks…

Shame to the whole of Kingfisher Red airlines staff and Hon Vijay Mallya.

My connecting flight from Chennai to Port Blair also had to be cancelled.

This all led to my cancellation of all the bookings done for my Andaman Trip causing a heavy financial loss and mental stress…

If there is still some humanitarian feelings left within our country then my grievances will be heard to and resolved soon..
Rajesh Pai