Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd - Incorrect Name on Electricity Bill

Aarti Chandrashekhar Rawar
We have recently shifted to our New Flat in A3-303,Park Island, Shastri Nagar,Yerwada,Pune-411006. But in the first electricity bill itself the Surname has been misspelled as RAVAT, correct Surname is RAWAT. I went to the Shastri Nagar MSEB customer facilitation centre but the response that I got is very humiliating. Firstly as per them the Name CANNOT be changed - Is it my fault that the MSEB person has entered my Surname incorrectly int he system ? NO. Secondly there is nor formal Form availble to submit is application for name change. He asked me to type a new application, take PAN card Xerox, get it signed by some Mr.Pawar who sits near Nagaravala school office. If signs then get it signed by some Mr. Shinde who sits somewhere else in Pune.

I want to ask all MSEB people , firstly it is your mistake of entering incorrect surname then why are you making us go thru hell and run from pillar to post for correcting your mistake.

Please look into this

Comments

Wrong electricity Bill - MSEB

My consumer no is 160240686161.

My usage for month of Sep 2009 was very less, hence there was not change in Unit, hence the bill is reflecting it as FAULTY reading.

Please do the needful and correct the same.

Amit

After lot of effort and money finally (after 6 months & thru agent) name changed in my MSEB bill.
I was surprised to see the mistakes made in address. Name K.VINNURAJ V, actual is K V VINURAJ
Flat no is missing. etc etc

In 2 line address, 4 mistakes. Name 3 mistakes.

I don't know, how much money, time required to correct these.

If anybody in MSEB can help, please...
devekar

Incorrect Name on Electricity Bill
We have book new flat No. 03, "C" wing, Gongotri Park, Dighi Road, Bhosari, Pune -411039. But in the electricity bill itself the FIRST name has been misspelled as TANHAJI instead of TANAJI.

Consumer No. 170147447542

Billing Unit nO. 4596/BHOSARI

Miter No. 6110944558

So, look in this matter and do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,
Devekar
devekar@gmail.com

My consumer no is-028510570431 and i pay back bill off may jun and now my bill will add pay bill in this month then i want to Chang my bill and my this moth use bill is rs 280 i want to pay only rs 280 y mseb not accept this

Recently shifted to Kamothe, New Panvel.
My Electricity Bill displays my Neigbours surname along with my and my wifes name.

Can someone help with the procedure to get my neighbours name removed from the bill?

My ph no: 9223500652
email: manojganguli@yahoo.com
N Mar 25, 2011 by
Arun Rajendra Pathak

Purchase flat from suresh kumar dhamija,
2/103, Manas Anand,
Dongripada Thane .

I undersigned Mr. Dilip G. Kirkire my Electricity Bill displays in the name of suresh kumar dhamija so we have fill up your address changeapplication form & handover to mseb office at hiranandani branch thane .

But no action is taken till today.

pl., do needful at your erliest.

My ph no: 9920909611
email: uma3498@gmail.com
A Apr 13, 2011 by
satishnaik1978

Dear All,

Fyi
Email Ids of MSEB Top Mangement..

chairman@mahadiscom.in, md@mahadiscom.in, cpro@mahadiscom.in, directorop@mahadiscom.in
N Jul 7, 2011 by
priyakantcharokar

I would request everbody here, not to write your personal numbers on the sites. Whatever is the situation as the mobile number can be used for other unwanted activities.

Please convey the same to your friends.

Thanks.
N Aug 14, 2012 by
dk1371982

My self Dnyaneshwar Narayanrao Kadam. My name was wrote in MSEB bill as a Dyaneshwar it was wrong please let me know the procedure to change it. it was that person mistake who was entered it in the systems wrong name.
please inform me through email if possible... dk1371982@gmail.com
N Sep 25, 2012 by
swapnil soundale

Hallo Eveyone here,
I would like to let you know the procedure for change of name in your electricity bill. This is applicable for those who wants just change of name as well as transfer of property.
This is very simple hazel free procedure and no need to go to agent.
1) Change of name application form available near any MAHADISCOM office and get sign of both Purchaser and seller on it.
2) Test Report ( Usualy this is duty of MSEB official but they assign one person sitting outside office who takes charge of Rs 50/ KW and states that he has visited and tested all electric fittings in your flat/home)
3) Latest Paid Electicity bill
4) Property tax paid reciept attested by Notary
5) Index 2 if resale falt attested by Notary
6) Agreement bond of Rs 100 for granting permission to change the name by First Owner If resale

File up these documents and submit in nearest authorised MSEB office only.
After 8 to 10 days you will recieve the call for your quotation.
collect the Quotation and pay the quated amount.
This is to inform you all that MSEB demand security deposite of Rs 1000/1 KW and processing fee of Rs 50 as mentioned in your quotation.If already paid then only Rs 50 required to pay.

Swapnil Soundale
swapnilsoundale@gmail.com
D Dec 13, 2012 by
Rohidas Koli

Incorrect Name on Electricity Bill
in the electricity bill itself the LAST name has been misspelled as KOG instead of KOLI.

Name - SHRI ROHIDAS BALARAM KOLI

Address - BELOSHI PARELWADI
ALIBAG-RAIGAD
BELOSHI 402201

Consumer No. 023901001146

Billing Unit no - 4137 : ALIBAG-I

Miter No. R-114

So, look in this matter and do the needful.

Thanks & Regards,
mesco200@yahoo.com
N Jan 27, 2014 by
prisa

Mahadiscom must allow online correction of names like they do it for aadhar and Pan.

When the clerk enters wrong spelling, it is his or her mistake and he or she should correct the mistake without asking for documents as relevant documents have already been submitted.

Courts should take suo moto this matter as consumers are made to run and waste their time and money even though they are not at fault.