Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited - Excess electricity bill

Union Minister for Power 22nd December 2008
Govt. of India
New Delhi

Hon’ble Sir,

I am AK Chatterjee, resident of Block No. B/14, Flat No. 19, Himgiri Apartments, Sector-34, Noida (UP) Consumer No. 201376, Book No. 9046 of PASCHIMANCHAL VIDYUT VITRAN NIGAM LIMITED (PVVNL).

I am residing in the above premises since January 1997 and have been paying electricity charges every month well before the due date invariably. I have during all these years never been a defaulter by any means, the fact you can verify from PVVNL’s records.

On 12th November 2008, I received a bill for Rs. 982/- which was paid by me on 16th November 2008 vide cheque no. 548469 on Corporation Bank, Sector-31, Noida vide PVVNL receipt no. 03032000926 dated 16th November 2008.

Again on 15th December 2008, I received a bill for Rs. 2, 318/- in which Rs. 982/- and Rs. 431.49 have been shown as arrears and penalty charges respectively.

Since I had already paid Rs. 982/- on 16th November 2008 I wondered why this amount has been shown as arrears alongwith quite a hefty amount of Rs. 431.49/- as penalty.

On query from Sector-20 and Sector-25 office of PVVNL I was told that the cheque no. 548469 for Rs. 982/- has bounced being postdated.

While my banker (Corporation Bank, Setor-31, Noida) has confirmed that the said cheque was never presented to the bank for payment. This is further evident from the fact that had that cheque actually bounced, as has been made out by PVVNL’s Sector-20 and Sector-25 offices, the bank would certainly have debited my account (S.B. A/c No. 70359) with “Cheque Returned” charges. I am enclosing herewith relevant page of my passbook (w.e.f 15th November 2008 to 17th December 2008) for your perusal where no “Cheque Return” charges has been debited by my banker to my S.B. A/c for this lapse.

Moreover, during my two visits to PVVNL’s Sector-25 office on 18th December 2008 I met Shri Rajinder whom I requested to show me the cheque (issued by me that has bounced). He said that he was unable to show me the cheque but asserted with confidence that the cheque has bounced--- not because of insufficient fund but being postdated.

With his assertion in pocket and bowing to his dictates I got a Demand Draft prepared in favour of E.E., EUDDI, Noida for Rs. 2, 318/- and deposited with PVVNL’s office on 18th December 2008 vide receipt no. 03033000175 dated 18th December 2008.

Now having undergone all these trauma and harrowing experience for no fault of mine may I assert my right under RTI Act 2005 to get a copy of the cheque for Rs. 982/- that I issued in favour of EE, EUDDI, Noida that is said to have bounced.

Since PVVNL has failed to show me the cheque so bounced I have every reason to believe that the concerned official of PVVNL has misplaced the cheque and to cover up his delinquency and make up with revenue loss, has come up with the story of “Cheque Bouncing”. Had this not been the real story PVVNL should not have any objection to showing me the bounced cheque. After all the cheque that is said to have bounced was issued by me.

Contd…..2/-

-2-

PVVNL has penalized me for depositing a postdated cheque of Rs. 982/-. Penal amount being Rs. 431.49. Have PVVNL ever thought of taking any disciplinary action by imposing some fiscal penalty on the man who issues receipts randomly without verifying the particulars given in the cheque. This kind of bitterness do occur in the mind of honest consumers due to negligence and delinquency on the part of officials who man such important counters. If they check the particulars given in the cheque before hand even by giving a cursory look they might save many a manpower loss subsequently and consumers are saved from financial loss.

I shall be grateful if you would kindly issue necessary instructions to PVVNL to forward me a copy of the cheque bounced or I will file a case of defamation and harassment in the consumer’s court and bring it to the notice of media as well.

To avoid this confrontation I suggest the following:-

1. Either I may be given credit of Rs. 431.49 to my next bill;

2. Or I may be provided with a copy of the cheque that has bounced with banker’s endorsement;

3. Take stringent action against the man who issued receipt without verifying the particulars given in the cheque to thwart recurrence of such incidents in future.

(AK Chatterjee)
R/o Block No.- B/14, Flat No. 19,
Himgiri Apartments, Sector-34, Noida (U.P)
E-mail: ak.chatterjee@iccrindia.org
arghya_chatt@yahoo.co.in
Mobile: 9971732974
Ph: 0120-2508253 (R) 011-2337040 (O)
Fax: 011-23370782

Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
Fax: 24368485

3. Shri. Anil Razdan 4. Shri. Atul Kumar Gupta
Secretary (Power) Govt. of India Chief Secretary, Govt. of U.P
E-mail: razdana@ias.nic.in 0522-2239383 (Fax)

5. Chairman & MD, U.P. Power Corpn. Ltd. 6. Shri. V.N. Garg
Shakti Bhawan, Ashok Marg, Lucknow Principal Secretary (Power)
0522-2237022 Govt. of U.P.
0522-2237922/2287792

7. Shri. Anil Kumar 8. Shri. Rajiv Verma
Additional Secretary (Power) Director
Room No. 419 (Finance, Grievance & CPIO)
Shram Shakti Bhavan, New Delhi Room No. 427
Tel Fax: 23715378 Shram Shakti Bhavan,
New Delhi
Ph: 23717196/2324359

Comments

Each complaint against PVVNL is right. I am also facing same problem but sort out by relationship. I understand the problem faced by those who have no relative in the department.

rdseeddyyguiggnihgiygjh

electric bill
Rajni

Respected sir,

we are living in this house last 3 years, but we are seeing that our meter is running very fast. We are only two person is living in this & both r doing the job. In the day time there r no use of light & fan etc.we are using electricity onlyin the night. But every month we are giving the very high rate of bill.

Sanjay Sharma
L-37, Sector-12,
Noida

We are living in Sec-19, Noida on rent. Our land lord told us that we have to pay total bill as = total number of units * Rs 5.00. means if our consumption is units=800, then we have to pay 800*5=> 4000.

Can you please tell the detail that how much we have to pay, and what is the process of the calculation used to made final payment.

Load : 7.00. Please let me know if you need more infornation from my end.

Thanks & Regards.

Sukhiwnder Singh

please sir sent this connection no bill Period-1/2/2008 to Till date

Beta financial services p.ltd
J-19 J-block sector-18
Noida

Book no-9016

Connection no-382833

I am plastic surgeon practicing in moradabad facing same kind of problems.

Respected sir,

we are living in this house last 2 years, but we are seeing that our meter is running very fast. and i have not recevied our electricity bill last 2 month.We are seven person is living in this & both r doing the job. In the day time there r no use of light & fan etc.we are using electricity onlyin the night. But every month we are giving the very high rate of bill.and my last month bill is only 250/- Rs. something and this month bill is four rhousend is incorrect.

so, u r request to please check our meter and bill as early as possible, if there are any error in ur Meter.

Sachin Agarwal
Pat-Pat Sarai,
Moradabad. UP
ved pal

respacted sir
Pls send my current bill.

best regards
ved pal
mohit

pvvnl not work proper.all consumer are face problem.pvvnl bills are not updated.

DELAY IN NEW DOMESTIC ELECTRICITY CONNECTION - PVVNL SAHARANPUR

I have applied for new electricity connection at my home in Saharanpur in October 2008. But the deptt. have not issue me the connection in spite of making an estimate for a Transfarmer.
Please help me in this matter.

You are requested to send my old bills from jan-09 to till date enabling me to clear all the dues

Can we pay PVVNL NOIDA Electricity bill by any online payment.

Respected sir
we are living in khora, we are seeing that our meter is running very fast.. In the day time there r no extra use of light & fan etc.we are using electricity only in the night. But every month we are giving the very high rate of bill.

so, u r request to please check our meter as early as possible, if there are any error in ur Meter.please change it .& please give me compliant no. in my emil- rawat.monica09@gmail.com

D-27 sarsawati vihar
khora colony (noida)

I HAVE A CONNECTION NO. 3905-090720 (EUDD-1, SAHARANPUR) AT MY RESIDENCE.I AM UNABLE TO GET MY ADDRESS RECTIFIED, WHICH SHOULD BE AS
RADHA SINGHAL
W/O DINESH KUMAR
H.NO. 2B/2166, SHANKARNAGAR,
DELHI ROAD,
SAHARANPUR 247 001
IN THIS REGARD I ORIGINALLY SUBMITTED THE REGISTERED TRANSFER DEED OF THE HOUSE AND LATER I SUBMITTED THE TITLE DOCUMENTS FROM NAGAR NIGAM. I SHALL BE THANKFUL TO YOU IF U WILL PL. HELP ME THE RECTIFY MY ADDRESS ON THE ABOVE BILL.
THANKS
RADHA SINGHAL
N Apr 24, 2011 by
Adarshhsa

I have similar complaint as Shri AK chatterjee that PVVNL states that my cheque is bounced by corporation bank of sector 31 refuses. So I have paid the amount with demand draft and still unable to locate my cheque
I came to know from bank yhat more that 100 persons in that area is suffering from such a problem. All such complainants must join or even individually file an RTI fro such case. I invite all such members to mail me at mailing address

Adarsh Dhawan
adarshhsa@yahoo.co.in
adarshhsa@gmail.com
A Jun 12, 2011 by
SHIV234465LAXMI

NAUCHANDI33KV GRIDSSA GIVES SHUT DOWN TOANT CONTAVTER AFTERHAVING CHARGEDSERVICE AMOUNT SPECILLY TO GARG ROAD FEEDER AS THERE ARE MANY HT CONNECTION HOLDERSANDFACTRY SHUT DOWN IS GIVE WITHOUT APPROVAL HIGHER AUTHORITIES SO WE SEEE AFTER EACH HALF AN HOURSOTHEPEOPLEGETTING SUPPLY ARE ADVERSLY EFFECTEDHIGHEROFFICILIN CHARGEMAY LOOK INTO LOG SHEET NTO FINDOUTHOWMANYTIMES SHUT DOWN HAS BEEN GIVEN WIOUT APPROVAL
A Mar 21, 2012 by
kasim nahal ghaziabad

sir
my reqwast is proublm power hamare yaha ki pawer bhout kharb hai 6 hour hafte rat ko aate hai 6 hafte din ko aati hai ziska koi use nahi hai ham chate hai rat din donu aani chaiy

reqwast karne wale farman choudry

RAT OUR DIN DONU KO AANI CHAIY
ad .
mouradngar from nahal
N Jul 21, 2012 by
abhishekaggarwalcro@gmail.com Paschimanchal Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited  - MODINAGAR, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India

EXCESS PAYMENT DEMAND - pvvnl