PNB - Bank charges

Shikhar bhatia
I have an account with Punjab national bank. I deposited a sum of 1250rs in its another branch where i am not having my account. And they levied me 20rs stating that it is due to deposit from another branch. But i want to ask that if it is a CBS branch thay why such charges are been levied.

Comments

TO,
CMD PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
HO MUMBAI

From :- I S PHARMA A/C NO.3703002100304528
C-106, LOHIA NAGAR FIRST FLOOR GHAZIABAD 201001
PHONE 0120-6491092 MOBILE 9210056402

We want to draw your Kind attention that the service of your Navyug market Branch Ghaziabad are not their behavior is also proper like are harassed at a number of times.

Recently we have deposited some CHQ in the same branch the details of which are as follows.

Cheque no. Date Amount Chq Credited
107501 11/05/2009 8778 25/06/2009
526400 05/07/2009 25000.00 22/07/2009
998645 27/07/2009 22500.00 Not Clear
444969 27/07/2009 12000.00 Not Clear

Please note that the said cheque are Payable at Par at all CBS Branches hence all the cheque should be cleared with 3-4 days throught local clearing but the bank had sent these cheques to their originating place throught outstation clearing and deducted the clearing charges.
We therefore request to your self to look into the matter and please take the necessary action so that it can not be in future to avoide our problems.

Your sincerely

For I S Pharma

i want to know the bank charges, on DD. PLQ.GIVE THE SLAB RATE.

Ramesh P. Patel
3345, Crumpton South,
Laurel, Maryland USA

Punjab National Bank,
Chandra Kiran S. V.Road
Mumbai 400064.

I am a customer of bank for last 20 years but extremly poor service to the NRi for recent Fcnr deposit renewal receipt received after 4 months.This Public sector bank is totally failure in customer service.Nobody listen they do not care means Nri always consider non required indian

Ramesh P. Patel

It is ridiculous. CBS Branch facility is for the benefit of consumer not for adding to the profits of Bank. PSU Banks are charging for every facility - deposting, withdrawing, pass book entries being made in other branches of same bank. If one has to go to his own bank then what is the purpose of CBS facility. A minimum of six transactions per quarter should be free.
A Apr 5, 2011 by
p gupta

because all bank doing this way first make free after customer habitual they start charging and RBI happy that how their sub.bank making money.
A Jun 23, 2011 by
tata407

Yes You are right .It seems that now the Pnb is not a common man bank.The PNB management is totally money minded which is not thinking of a common man.Bank should not put any charges for depositing cash in any CBS branch OR there should be some limit and some free transactions in a month.It is difficult to have an account in every branch.
This is the best way to send the cash to our dependents for their necessities.
This is the request from a common man to the bank that kindly do not force such charges on the bank customers and also there should not be any time limit in any branch for depositing cash.
Generally bank staff send the customers back rudely and ask them to come at the time which is kept for other branch customers.
I hope the bank will take appropriate action and do the needful for a common man.
Thanks and Regards