PPF - Transfer of PPF account

Ramachandran N
I have applied for my PPF account transfer from Chingelpet to Nanganallur branch on 19.10.09. I was told that the transfer will take place in a day or two. Since i am residing in Nanganallur, i drove down all the way to close my account in Chingelpet on a week day taking leave.
On 27th, I checked up with the SBI Nangallaur branch and was told that the transfer has not taken place and was asked to come the next day. They also told me that the concerned SBI employees of Chingelpet were probably not aware of the procedure of transfer and that they should make a draft, send it to Nanganllur and only then it will get transferred.
The next day morning i went and as usual i was refered to so many employees and finally a gentlemen (if i am permitted to say so) told me that he will check it up and asked me to come in the afternoon (as if i do not have any other work).
I once again spoke to the Chief Manager of Chingelpet on the issue and was told that they will do the needful on 28.10.09
It is quite appalling that SBI Nanganallur is quite irresponsive and has made no effert in solving the problem instead blaming each other. This is not the first time such a thing as happened. The staff in this branch are generally quite arrogant and they need to undergo a course on "Customer Behaviour).
I request your good self to look into the matter and punish the guilty (knowing well that punishment of an emplyee in SBI is something which nobody can do) and the customer has to suffer.
I even tried the complaint cell number but the number was out of order. IT HAS TO BE. The SBI web server is also not accepting any mail.

GOD SAVE THE COUNTRY FROM SBI and in future i will do all that is possible to spoil whatever image the bank has made.

Comments

I had given a request for transfer of my PPF account with Coimbatore Collectrate PO with account no.14216, to the Erakulam HPO on 24.05.2008. I was told the will get ttransfered in month's time. I have visited the Ernakulam HPO twice regarding this. They advice me that the account is not yet got tranferred from Coimbatore. It is almost two and a half months since i had given the request. I cannot go to Coimbatore for the follow up of this.

Would please initiate action to get this account trnasferred as early as possible so that I can continue to operate the account at Ernakulam.

I had applied for transfer of account from PPF account from SBI Dungarpur Rajasthan (6885) to Thane Main Branch(0489) on 21.06.08. My account has been closed at Dungarpur on 13.02.09 after that there is no response. SBI Dungarpur says they have sent the draft but Thane Branch informs that they have not recieved it.

It is almost one year now my account has not been transferred I have missed this year investment and maybe some more.

I don`t know hat to do? It is causing stress and anxiety

SANJEEV SINHA

Hi Sanjeev.

I had faced a similar problem (or so I thought). I had applied for transfer from Kolkata to Bangalore. The branch manager in Kolkata made me write an application on plain paper and took all the necessary documents. Thankfully, I had noted down all my details, so I could track it later.

Now, I kept going to the Bangalore branch but they said I would be informed of it when the passbook arrives in this branch. I kept calling up the Kolkata branch to be told that the account has been transferred. Meanwhile, at the Bangalore branch, checking on the online system, they showed me that the account was still with the Kolkata branch. Finally, recently, I managed to catch the right person in the Bangalore branch who told me that my passbook has been lying here for several months, and that he had tried calling me up. I don't know why the call didn't go through.

So, I suggest you check with the person who handles PPF in the local branch. Also, SBI branches have their own email ids (you can easily locate them on SBI's website). Send an email to both branch managers, and give out your contact details.

HTH,
Narayan.

My wifeUsha Mangla(PPF A/C No.10137464293/3469), son Asheesh Mangla(PPF A/c No.30029573851) and my daughter Pooja Mangla (PPF A/c No.30316718806) each deposited Rs.70, 000/- in their PPF a/c being maintained in Swasthya Vihar Branch, Delhi-110092 of SBI on 4th April, 2008. The interest on this amount has been credited for 11 months instead of full one year. It is requested that Rs.467/- in each account be credited. This is the interest for April, 2008 which has not been given. With regards, TC Mangla, 70-Shubham Apartments, 37-I.P. Extension, Delhi- 110 092.

I had applied for transfer of PPF account from Akurdi post office PUNE M.H to SBI Mudhol – bagalkot dist – Karnataka on December 2008.

I don’t know what to do? It is causing stress and anxiety

I humble request you to do the need Full

PPF Account no is 3127487
Head Post Office – Pune
Sub-office - Akurdi

Transfer Address: - SBI MUDHOL
Correspondence Address: -
Srinivas Rao .Bassa(Manager Control & Instrumentation)
INDIAN CANE POWER LIMITED
UTTUR (VILLAGE),
MUDHOL (TQ),
BAGALKOT DIST
KARNATAKA - 587 313
hemasai04@gmail.com

I had given a request for transfer of my PPF account with A. K. Road PO, Surat with account no.751401 on 04.11.2009 from HPO Etawah (U.P.) to Surat ( Gujrat). He was told me will get transfered in month's time. I have visited the A. K. Road PO Surat twice regarding this matter and given to me registry nos. PS-RLA 3253 dated on 05.11.2009. They advice me that the account is not yet got tranferred from Etawah (U.P.). It is almost two months since i had given the request. I cannot go to Etawah for the follow up of this.

Would please initiate action to get this account transferred as early as possible so that I can continue to operate the account at Surat.

I have transferred my PPF a/c from SBBJ one branch to another and just because of this transfer they have paid me credit of only 11 months instead of 12 months...It is just a fraud that you deduct interest of 1 month because i have transfferred my a/c...From where i get any help or solution to fight aganist this and get the interest of entire one year... i am lossing approx. Rs. 4000 because of this. Please advise.
N Apr 29, 2011 by
susy_admn@yahoo.co.in

MY EPF ACCOUNT NO: MH/40701/182

IT WAS SUBMITTED AT BANDRA OFFICE (MUMBAI) ON 14TH FEB'11

THEREAFTER I RECEIVED AN SMS STATING THAT ON 9TH APRIL'11 THEY RECEIVED MY CLAIM FORM 19 FOR PF.AND MY CLAIM ID MHBAN110400043807 IS UNDER PROCESS.

TILL DATE MY AMOUNT HAS NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED.

WOULD YOU PLEASE INITIATE ACTION TO GET THIS AMOUNT TRANSFERRED TO MY ACCOUNT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

THANKS