Reliance Capital Limited - Car loan - Non release of Car RC and Insurance Policy

Naveen Kumar
Dear Sir

I have taken a loan of Rs. 100000/- (One lakh only) from Reliance Capital Ltd on Nov 09, 2009 for purchasing a used car. The loan was disbursed on Nov 09, 2009 by cheque no. 25381. An amount of Rs. 3761/- was deducted on account of various miscellaneous charges. Howvere, no break-up of the amount was given to me. The vehicle in question was already under hypothecation with Reliance Capital Ltd. Hence, the cheque was issued in favour of Reliance Capital Ltd for the full and final settlement of loan by previous owner.

I handed over the ORIGINAL REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE and ORIGINAL INSURANCE POLICY of the vehicle in question to RCL along with duly signed Form 28, 29 and 30 and other documents on Nov 09, 2009 itself for completion of all the formalities of ownership transfer for which RCL has taken money from me.

However, despite numerous requests, both telephonic and written, there is no answer from Reliance Capital Limited. Reliance Capital Limited is neither giving back the Original RC and Original Insurance Policy (which I have taken from previous owner and submitted to RCL for transfer of ownership) nor they are taking any action for the transfer of ownership of the vehicle. As a result i cannot us ethe vehicle despite the fact that I have made all the payments. Even the first EMI has been deducted from my account. I had written to even Cutomer Care, VP and CEO of Reliance Capital Limited to sort out the things, but it is of no use.

Can I claim damages from Reliance Capital Limited on account of breach of trust and mental harassment? If yes, what is the procedure? Please advise me in this regard.

With regards