TamilNadu Electricity Board, Kottivakkam, Chennai - 600041 - PowerCut and Voltage Fluctuation Every day and night

Saraswathi Sarathy
We live in Venkateswara Nagar, 19th Street, Kottivakkam. We have severe power supply problem in this area. There is so much voltage fluctuation every night and hours of continuous powercut. It happens every day and especially when people want to retire to bed, the power goes off around Nine Pm and contnues till midnight. Also sever voltage fluctuations. Every day complaints are being lodged and the authorities are not taking any action. WE were told that there is going to be another transformer going to be installed in this area to take the load and distribute the load. But it has not happened. Every body including old people, newborn, school going children are all suffering with the inefficient operation of TNEB of this area.

Someone take positive action and solve this problem.

Comments

Voltage fluctuation problem. - Electricity

To, The Chairman, CSEB-Raipur(C.G.)
Sir, I am facing the severe voltage flctuation problem since last 3 months.After my several complain at CSEB-Complain office Bhudapara, Raipur, problem still not sorted out.It is the problem from transformer & it needed to upgradation.Your kind attention is required for the same.Please do the needful.
With regards,
Dr.Manoj Shukla(service no.853601, single face), 1185, B/H Ratan Appartment, Near 21 Bunglow, Avanti Vihar, P.O.Shankar Nagar, Raipur492007, (C.G.).

VOLTAGE NOT SET PROPERLY - Voltage

To,
MSEB Badlapur,

SINCE LAST 25 DAYS I FOUND SINGLE PHASE VOLTAG DOWN UP TO 170 VOLT DUE TO THAT OUR DOMASTIC EQUIPEMENTS HAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY AC HAS BEEN TRIP, FAN NOT RUNNING IN FULL SPEED. IF VOLTGAGE GET DOWN CURRENT WILL BE INCREASED (AS PER OHMS LAW) THAT WHY GET EFFECT ON OUR ELECT.BILL, SO PLEASE DO NEED FULL.

THANKS & REGARDS,

GANESH UGALE
9833919709.
NIRAMAYA CHS, OLD KATRAP ROAD,
NEAR MAULI NAGAR,
BADLAPUR EAST, THANE.

Power Fluctuation and Power Cut - House

My Name is P.Balakrishnan residing in Velachery, Chennai. We are facing the problem with Tamilnanu electricity boad. We are facing the problem that Power fluctuation and power cut in daily basis. They cut the power daily in the evening and Mid nights. How can we live with out power espicialy in night and summer. Also we having 2month old baby. Every time we call in phone they didnot attend the call. They pick up phone only after 20th time of calling and they answered we dont know when the power will be back. It will come in another one hour or 4 hour we dont know excatly like that they said. We already registered the complaints in Electrical depatment. But nobady short out this issue. Still continueing the same problem daily.

Kindly look in it do the needful.

No proper supply of power since years - Electric Department - Chennai

Hello Higher Authorities of Electric Department - Chennai,

I am residing in 11/12-3, Kalathiappa street, choolai, Chennai and since 6 years I have never received 3 phase current for my colony (rishabh Colony). We are suffering huge loss due to power fluctuation..

ex:

1. All our tubelights get bursted dude to power fluctuations
2. We meet up power cut in every 3 days since the AC of the colony is on..
3. The only feedback Electric board gives is there is a cable fault..

I am wondering when are you gouys going to sort this out.. despite giving repeated complaints.

Kindly take some action.

Sorav

I too reside in lakshmi apartments, kottivakkam. The power supply is abysmal.Voltage fluctuates so much that tube lights do not work, fans rotate at varying speeds, electronic equipment malfunction.A transformer was to be set up and a concrete scaffolding was put up 5 years ago but there has been no follow up action.
We have erratic telephone and broadband functioning also !!

Can someone help ?? !!
prakash shetty TamilNadu Electricity Board, Kottivakkam, Chennai - 600041  - Maharashtra, India

fluctuation in electric load - fluctuation in electric load

We are experiencing continuous electric fluctuation resulting in stoppage of lift operation, electronic equipments viz air conditioners, TV, bulbs etc konking off. Please look into this and fix up the problem asap.
A May 6, 2011 by
smitanjali12

I am staying in Swaminathan Nagar, Kottivakkam. We were facing severe power supply problem in this area for the last 5 days . This LowVoltage problem with severe Power fluctuations happens arround 9 PM and continues till midnight . Everyday complaints are being registered, but no action taken by Authority till today. We are suffering a lot due to this. In summer season that to (in a hurrible place in our country )like chennai, its very difficult to manage this kind of problems.

We are from other states, staying here in chennai for last 1 yr ..In our view, the Electricians are not responding properly, they are very very poor in properly communicating with consumers, We have drawn a very very bad feedback to TNEB.. Need to improve

Please requesting Higher Authority, Do take action As Soon As Possible.
N May 12, 2011 by
mans_manjunath

I had been living in Kalathumettu Street, Kottivakkam for the past couple of years. In agreement with the above post, I too had been facing terrible power fluctuations in the area between 8 p.m till late night during the past few weeks. Due to this all our electronic gadgets like TV, computer, refrigerator, etc. are getting affected drastically and disrupts our day-to-day activities.

Requesting you to kindly take the necessary action immediately and sort out the issue at the earliest.

N Jun 23, 2011 by
niranjangs

We live in Alavattamman Koil St, Rajakilpakkam, Sembakkam panchayat, Tambaram, Chennai – 73. We have severe power supply problem in this area. There is so much voltage fluctuation every night. It happens every day and especially when people want to retire to bed, there is severe voltage fluctuations. Every day complaints are being lodged and the authorities are not taking any action. Every time they say that a new sub-station is going to put up in the area. Further we were told that there is going to be another transformer going to be installed in this area to take the load and distribute the load. But it has not happened for the past 10 months. Every body including old people, newborn, school going children are all suffering with the inefficient operation of TNEB of this area. The power supply is abysmal.Voltage fluctuates so much that tube lights do not work, fans rotate at varying speeds, electronic equipment gets malfunction. Everyday complaints are being registered, but no action taken by the EB authority till today. We are suffering a lot due to this. This is summer season and it is (in a hurrible place in our country ) horrible without proper Electricity in cities like Chennai, its very difficult to manage this kind of problems. Further, the Electricians are not responding properly, they are very very poor in properly communicating with consumers.
A Sep 15, 2011 by
PTitus

Kottivakkam has got EB staffs who are good for nothing.They shut down power when there are showers and they forget to turn it on.They are good for sleeping at their night shift.
A Nov 28, 2011 by
Anaka

I agree completely! I've had a place in Sri Venkateshwara Nagar in Kottivakkam for the last 3 years. Not only are the roads terrible (I've had to change tires due to severe wear and tear just driving on rubble), they get flooded with the smallest of showers and the power situation is terrible. We have power cuts all the time and the voltage fluctuation has destroyed some of our home appliances.
A Dec 16, 2011 by
jegang

I am residing kalathumathu 3rd street. I too agree the above said problem. We also face same problem everyday. It should be taken care by TNEB and expecting Govt. reaction towards these problems..
N Jan 9, 2012 by
skay

Ever since cyclone Thane, our SriVenkateshwara nagar has been experiencing voltage fluctuations. It has been particularly bad from last night. The Kottivakkam sub station is a large building with but it does not have a telephone connection. I guess the people working there are not interested in even receiving complaints, let alone attending to them.
N Apr 23, 2012 by
ThajSuresh

We are staring the Service apartment in Natco Colony, Kottivakkam. We were facing severe power supply problem in this area for the last 10 days. This Low Voltage problem with severe Power fluctuations happens around 9 PM and continues till midnight. Everyday complaints are being registered, but no action taken by Authority till today. We are suffering a lot due to this. In summer season that to (in a horrible place in our country) like chennai, it’s very difficult to manage this kind of problems.

We are paying more than 25000 in electric bill every two month, but this problem happen my customers this month end vacate. How to compromise my customers please do some solution otherwise vacate the building. Let us know give permanent solution.

Note: Every day get Power 160 Voltage midnight 180 Voltage only its possible to run 6nos a/c.
A Jun 3, 2012 by
bandopadhay

We live in MMM2 Plot No 62 19th Street Venkateshwara Nagar, Kotivakkam.For the last ten days voltage has been a major issue throughout the day. We have not been able to sleep at night as the fans are also not working (forget the acs, they have become prehistoric animals who are unable to keep up with the enviormental pressure called voltage). Whenever we call up EB they say we get less supply. THIS IS SOS! CAN ANYBODY HELP!
Siddhartha
N Jun 5, 2013 by
raja1981

I am residing at E-527, 23rd cross street, Thiruvalluar Nagar, Thiruvanmiur. My house is rental and has only 1 phase available. For the past 2 days we faced horrible electricity fluctuations. Yesterday night the supply went down @2:15 am IST and I spoke to the person in power stationr @02:30 am IST informing him that one of the phase went down on which we actually connected. I waited until 3:00 am IST, and then logged a complaint on the 155333 and the complaint number was 0291 (dated 05th June 2013). Nothing happened hence called the substation against and got informed that all 3 phases are up and running and the problem might be in the electric board in my house. This is not true as I was physically waiting for the foreman to arrive and resolve the issue and no-one turned up. Then I went to the power station and found all the staffs were in deep sleep and no one responded to the call. Finally I called back 155333 @04:00 am IST and the customer care executive confirmed that someone would come in person for sure. Later one of the Foreman came to check the pillar box next to my house @04:45 IST. When enquired the fault was actually on the pillar next to house and took seconds for him to fix the issue.

I am very much frustrated on the attitude and the service when respective people are very much available and making us to juggle all over for nearly 2.5 hrs without any support. I have a baby to take care and it was very pathetic situation yesterday.

I request the authorities (JE/AE) to consider this seriously and address them appropriately. - Raja.