Tata DoCoMo - Incorrect Billing

Snehdeep on Jan 25, 2013
I had faced issue regarding the incorrect bill. I had requested for Bill Plan details various times via mail and calls to TATATEL. But never got apt response. Till date I haven't received any plan details from them. The first month bill after the new plan was activated came to whooping 1500+. When inquired, the reply i get is OVER USAGE CHARGES above dedicated limit. When the details about plan were asked no one bothered to reply with same and now the same absurd bill was slapped for next month too. The details were asked during 2nd bill cycle and was very well mentioned that the amount if again absurd won't be paid. Now I get threats of legal actions, since talks with some senior officials didn't work. My last mail before having talks with senior management is as below.
Requesting kind help in resolving the concern.

Dear TATATEL Team,
May I kindly request you to refer the trailing mails and my complaints registered with your call centre executives? It’s been a month I had raised a concern and still no resolution. Neither till date, anyone had even bothered to send the details of the plan currently active. I am very sure even this month bill would be absurd for which I again intimate that it won’t be paid till time they include irrational charges. I still get bill intimation and threats to service restriction. Once in a while some new executive calls me up, to whom I need to AGAIN explain everything from start. And finally the person tells me, “Sir, you need to pay the charges.” , and hangs up the call. Are you people really joking with me?
Let me be very clear and to the point.
1. No bill of Dec’12 would be paid till the time the concern is resolved and charges are rectified.
2. If the same concern in Jan’13‘s bill is observed, even it won’t be paid.
3. I need details about bill plan currently active.
4. If still wish to threaten me of service restriction, show some guts to have a face to face talk and cancel the connection.
5. Hereafter NO CALL CENTRE EXECUTIVE should call me for understanding the concern. Call won’t be entertained. Anybody does wish to talk for same can be of the four listed in ‘To Mail’ list. TATATEL personal is free to meet me any day evening after 7 with prior call.

Hope you won’t disappoint me, because we can very well understand what brand TATA is.

Comments

Syed Gavasker Tata DoCoMo  - India

Second pulse billing is Cheating - Tata Docomo

I took a Tata Docomo prepaid connection before 2 weeks.its in second pulse plan also.Now the problem is if i make a call 10second call some times they will deduct 12 paise some times 11 paise for 10 seconds ie as per their wish.
One day i make a call abot 16 minutes call for that they deducted about 10rupees and 21 paise.I am sure that the company is deducting more paise per second and they are not following TRAI rules and regulations.They are cheating customers..
Customers please be aware of second pulse plan...
D
ashish trivedi Tata DoCoMo  - India

rispected sir,

i have a tata docomo acttiveted card but there is sum problem bitween in to get a wap setting in my hed set so riqujit you to please give mi a wap setting to use gprs in tata docomo.

thenking you
ROHIT VERMA Tata DoCoMo  - India

Excess billing in International calls - Tata Docomo

I have subscribed to DOCOMO number only 4 days back and am surprised with the declarations of the Company and the actual charges being made from every international call. I call everyday more than once on a mobile number in Australia, thats my brother's number and every time, the bucks are deducted for one excess second (pulse), than the actual call time. (Like if I talk for 39 seconds, the charges are for 40 seconds)

Its not the matter of 17 paisa but the Company is cheating by charging for an extra pulse.
Aadil Hingora Tata DoCoMo  - India

I fully agree with the aboce concern...same thing is goin on .
acharyamano Tata DoCoMo  - Pune(Shastri Nagar), Pune, Maharashtra, India

I am a tata docomo prepaid card holder in maharastra.In october i received a SMS from tata docomo mentioning about a special recharage of Rs 59 which will make international calls to USA and Canada 1paisa/second.So i did the special recharge and it was successful.

On the same day i made a call to USA and i was charged around Rs 9/min.I had a long talk with the customer care officials 4 times and they said that your call was made from Odisa(my native state) which is true.

However my concerns are
1.In the SMS, nowhere it was mentioned that on roaming, the special charges(i.e 1paisa/second) is not applicable for ISD calls.
2.In tata docomo site, nowhere it was mentioned that on roaming, the special charges(i.e 1paisa/second is not applicable) for ISD calls.
3.Please note that tatadocomo has no extra charges for outgoing calls even in roaming for Local and STD calls.They charge the same 1paise/second inside subscriber's home network and outside subscriber's home network .
4.If they don't want to provide special rate(i.e 1paisa/second) for ISD calls then why the special recharge of Rs 59 was successful while i was in roaming.

After talking to the top most customer care official of tatadocomo, i found their response quite disheartening and irresponsible.Even they told me that they cann't mention everything in their website and they can do anything they want as they always mention *terms and condition apply in their website.

For reference, below are my details:-
Name:-Manoranjan Acharya
Mobile Number:-9028510172
Customer of:- Tata Docomo Maharastra(Pune)
Customer Complaint Number from Tata Docomo:-M2990209
D
acharyamano Tata DoCoMo  - Pune(Shastri Nagar), Pune, Maharashtra, India

Today again i have received the message from tata docomo from this RS59 ISD pack.I am typing the message as it is below.

"International calls at Local Rate! On Rs59 special recharge, get calls to US@1p/sec for 30 days.Unlimited songs@1p/sec for 30days.Unlimited songs@Rs10, Dial 543211@5p/sec.Best Offer@52222(TollFree)"

From the above mssage
1.There are no sign that this offer is valid in local network only.
2.Nither this message says, for more details call customer care or TnC apply.
3.The service provider felt it important to advertise "Unlimited songs@1p/sec for 30days.Unlimited songs@Rs10, Dial 543211@5p/sec.Best Offer@52222(TollFree)" rather than mentioning the important terms and conditions or call customer care for more details.
4.During my last call with custome care officials, they told me that there is not enough space to specify that this offer is valid only in home network not on roaming.
N Dec 20, 2011 by
Ashu Agarwal tata do co mo  - Pune, Pune, Maharashtra, India

Incorrect charges - tata do co mo

This is to bring to your notice that i am one of the customer with Tata DO CO MO and has 2 a/c's with them.
On numer - 9225657589 (used by my Mother) i activated a price plan where the charge was 25paisa for calls less than 1 min and from 1min to 5min its 1 rupee (1rupee charge per day for the plan). Without our knowledge they changes the price plan to 1 rupee per min calling due to which it has impacted my balance from 13th Nov till date and still charging me the charge of 1 rupee per day for old package. Now due to this there was an immergance with my mom and she was not able to call anyone as there was no balance. And today when i called the cusotmer service they were not of any helpand after waiting on hold for 15 min to talk to a supervisor name Shankar he disconneceted the call saying he cannot help me and i will have to call the nodal officer or go to the outlet.
I am very unhappy with the overall experience that i had with them.

Also this is one company where the time starts the moment you call someone (call ringing) which is again a financial impact.Eg - if i call my friend and he answers the call after 30 sec and we spoke for 40 sec which means that i should be charged only 25p as my call was for less tahn 1 min however i get charged 1 rupee.

I am lloing for compensation for the company for all the charges till date.

Ashish Agarwal
9225509576 / 8237865899
N Jan 15, 2012 by
kanishk.kharwa Tata DoCoMo  - Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

I went to rajasthan and was charged for 119 sms at cost of $5 per international sms but the number that were charged were all local numbers.
its incorrect billing and would like to rectify it ,i even called and sent emails on 31/12/2011 but still not fixed .
A Jan 15, 2012 by
kanishk.kharwa Tata DoCoMo  - Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

i cant understand why they cant fix it and harrase customers
N Jan 16, 2012 by
Tata Docomo Tata DoCoMo  - Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

Hi Kanishk,

Kindly provide us your Tata DOCOMO number, your alternate contact number and email ID so that we can get in touch with you. You can also go to the following link - http://bit.ly/24x7LiveChatSupport to get your query resolved through a Live Chat with our Customer Care executive.

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.
N Mar 23, 2012 by
Anilash Tata DoCoMo  - Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

sir. My name anilash. My number 9037809804. Iam from kerala. Today night (23, 3, 2012) i will call to a local number just 3sec bu t 6sec paisa didecting in my account. Now DOCOMO prepaid billing incorrect. Its cheetting.
N Mar 23, 2012 by
Anilash Tata DoCoMo  - Mumbai, Mumbai City, Maharashtra, India

today i will try to docomo kerala custmer care. Take a excutve. She is a new excute shez not know prepaid offers. She is say just hold i hold that call 25mints abow and dont take my call. Some times after she is disconecting my call.
N Jan 28, 2013 by
Tata Docomo

Dear Snehdeep,

Thanks and Regards
Customer Care
Tata DOCOMO.
N Feb 12, 2013 by
saketkarnik

My name is Saket Karnik and I represent OPTIMISTIK INFOSYSTEMS.

Our Organization is a customer of tata docomo services, as per the following details-
Account Number--987608457
Phone Number-- 02066521657
Office Address-
020- 66521657

We would like to complain about the Harrassment, Misinformation & Inconvenience Caused by various departments of TATA Docomo to us-
• In Dec 2012 we have applied for a connection ( Landline and Data Plan), and requested a speed on 10 Mbps
• But the Ground Sales Agent told us that in this particular locality(Office No. 30|Aditya Shagun Mall|N.D.A. - Pashan Link Road|Bavdhan|Pune|411021|India) this speed is not feasible, so better you take a 1.5 mbps plan for which we said ok and signed and stamped the new plan sheet.
• But when we got the first month bill--- we were charged for 10 mbps
• After lot of mail communication and escalation, we find ourselves in one of their Interdepartmental mail from their area sales manager(MR. Alok Baronia) stating very clearly about the change in plan( form 10 mbps to 1.5 mbps) before connection was made.
• Even after this the customer care department( email id—3030@tatatel.co.in 1-800-266-3030) does not understand the same.
• Now Today--- They have disconnected our services.
• Every time we call them—they misbehave with our employees.

Our Concerns-
• To re-activate our connections on Immediate basis
• To compensate for the Harassment, Inconvenience & Loss of Business caused due to this mistake of tata DoCoMo departments.

Awaiting your revert on the same…

Salet Karnik
Partner @ OPTIMISTIK INFOSYSYTEMS
Mobile : +91 8087600884
N Feb 19, 2013 by
saketkarnik

No updates yet. This is really frustrating.
N Feb 25, 2013 by

any updates on this?
N Dec 11, 2014 by
Ameya Durve

I was a Tata Docomo broadband customer in year 2013. I deactivated my account in November 2013. By December 2013 I had completed all the final settlements with Tata Docomo and my deactivation was complete. All dues paid. However, in March 2014, I received a bill for February 2014. This was inaccurate since my account had been discontinued few months back. I wrote to Tata Docomo customer care about the issue. I received a reply saying that their record show that my account was suspended and no dues were pending. However, few months later the bills started coming again. Since, I already had a written confirmation from the company, I assumed an error and ignored the emails. From November 2014, collection agents of Tata Docomo started calling asking me to pay the dues. I clarified with them that I did not have any dues pending. They asked me to email the copy of the Tata Docomo's email to them. I did email them the copy of the email. The calls stopped for a few days and then started again. The procedure of sending them email of Tata Docomo acknowledgement was repeated a few times. On 4th December 2014, I got a court notice from Tata for non payment of the dues. I went to the local Tata Docomo office and checked why the notice was sent in spite of the fact that I did not have any dues pending. I showed the print outs of the email communication I had with Tata. He checked their system and found that although the deactivation request was sent in November 2013, due to some system error deactivation was done in November 2014. The customer service assured me that they will sort the issue by 9th Dec 2014, 16:59. However, the issue is still not reseolved. Repeated calls to the customer service executives are met with reply that my complaint is under process. The date of court notice is 13th December 2014. If the issue is not resolved before that then I have to fight this in court and bear the cost of lawyers fees and all the pressure for no fault of mine.

Tata DoCoMo - Incorrect Billing