Toyota Innova - Clutch plate of my new Innova is burnt

pkpandey2005 on Feb 10, 2011
I purchased Toyota Innova GX model from Uttam Toyota, sector-63, Noida in August 2010. On 06.02.10, I had started from my Noida residence to go outstation, after travelling around 35 Kms. there was a smoke coming out from the Car near the tyre of the car. We immediately stopped the car and contacted your On-road service available in Noida, they denied to tow-away the vehicle and told us that we have to carry the vehicle to their workshop at Uttam Toyota, Sector-8, Noida. After much pursuasion, they agreed to tow-away the vehicle and we had to wait for around 4 hours at the middle of the road with my family and small children. On 08.02.11 morning I got a call from Uttam Toyota that the Clutch Plate is burnt and since the clutch plate is not covered under Warrantee, we have to pay for the replacement. Now my question is, how come a brand new Toyota Innova (the so-called best in quality) is having so poor quality of clutch plate that it is burnt in less than 6 months and around 9000 Km of driving. I am devastated by the response of the Uttam Toyota. Please replace the faulty part free of cost immediately.

Regards.