[Resolved]  Altra Care (Radiologist) — Dr. ravi chobey inhuman behaviour with a lady patient & her husband

It was on 28/01/2009 (11.30 a. m), my was referred for a complete abdominal test/sonography at dr. ravi choubey, m/s ultra care, civil lines, nr. tiwari nursing home, raipur, chattisgarh (india), by dr. m. j. memon (mbbs).

We reached there by 12.00 pm, on the same day. on approaching the receptionist, asked my wife to have a glass of water slowly (why slowly? no reason was given) after 20 minutes one of the staff escorted her to the dr. chamber (dr. ravi choubey), i also followed & settled at one of the chair opposite to dr. table. my wife went to the check-up bench and the staff did all the needful arrangement before calling the dr. for rest of the proceedings.

The dr. (dr. ravi choubey) approached after 10 minutes from his house and did some initial working and then asked my wife " are you felling urinating? my wife said "no". on this he got furious and started using/ making foul (abusive) statements to my wife & me. he throw the prescription reffered by the ist. doc. for more then 2-3 times.

To all these un - social gesture, i lodged my objection and requested him to first educate their staff and to behave with us in a literate manner. his approached worsened further and he stated-off wit all
Foul language. ffew of those lines which he used are here below:-

1. do f* with your request.
2. you non-sence civilian, get out from my clinic and get ur test
Omewher else.
3. i will kill you right here, if talk u demand ur fundamental reights.
4. you filthy bastured and so on.
5. when i still resist for all his anti-social activities, he thretened me
With all his mussel power (almost tried to hit me)

My protest :

1. any clinic should keep trained and skilled staff.
2. a defined and transparent system/procedure should be explained
To the patients at the time of arrival.
3. last but not the least - " the doctor must respect his/her patient
And honor the faith & trust they bring with them.

Looking forwarded for better improvement in his approach and attitude, so that the poor villagers can be benefited to the ought most level.

Prashant sinha, e-mail: [protected]@yahoo.com
Raipur, india
+91-[protected]
Complaint comments  1 CommentShareTweet

Comments

Respected Sir,

I’m Dr Ravi Chaube; the doctor mentioned in the complaint described above. I’m responding to this issue now, as it came to my notice recently. Let me first introduce myself. I’m a Radiologist with more than 18 years of experience. I am an Ex-Air Force Doctor who served the nation in capacity of Flight Lieutenant and Squadron Leader. I have been trained in Armed Forced and in Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi with high standards of not only patient care & professional competency but also have been imparted with high moral values as per the traditions of the Armed Forced that warrant protesting to a wrong done to the underprivileged and the weaker sex.

Mr. Prashant Sinha did visit my clinic on the aforesaid date with his wife. If one tries to comprehend what Mr. Sinha’s complain is, it is unclear whether he had problems with my staff or with myself !

I’m sorry to state that Mr. Sinha had ulterior motives. During the time when her wife was in the waiting room, his behavior with female staff in the reception was extremely unbecoming and objectionable. Upon his misbehavior, the receptionist came inside my chamber crying inconsolably. I enquired the matter with other staffs and patients sitting in reception area and found out that he had misbehaved with that girl. I told Mr. Sinha that his behavior is completely unacceptable and he should refrain from such activities or else leave the clinic immediately; otherwise I would call the police. Fearing the police action, he cooked up all stories in his apparent self-defense.

I vehemently deny the allegations of abusive and offensive language ever used by me as cited in his complaint. The filthy words mentioned therein could never have been uttered by me or any clinician in his clinic especially in presence of several patients including ladies. No doctor can ever think of spoiling his own reputation by abusing his patients in the manner as alleged. It is astonishing that a person could stoop so low in cooking up the stories!

He not only wrote to your website in a public forum; he had also complained to the Medical council of India (MCI). The Medical council went through all the details & deliberations and found that neither me nor any of my staff was at fault. MCI dismissed Mr. Sinha’s willfully wrong complaints.

Your esteemed organization is, therefore, requested to kindly delete this frivolous and misleading complaint from the public forum which is intended to falsely malign me; especially after clearance by the statutory body- the Medical Council of India.

With regards,