Chingu - Ladakh Handloom and Khaadi Udyog Emporium, Shimla — Fraud in selling Chingu Blankets/Shawls

Tuhin Kulshrestha

I wish to inform you about the fraud selling of Chingu shawls and blankets in Shimla (near Halipad). This shop, where our taxi driver recommended us to go, convinced us on the story that government has banned chingu killing and has suggested an alternate way to get its wool by taking it from the neck of a newly born chingu goat which then requires 4-5 years to mature.

For this time chingu blankets are given on rent(not sold), to be returned after 4-5 years with 75% refund. This was complemented with discounts and 6 free gifts. The proposition costed us Rs 32,500 and agreements were signed for two chingu's as per the offer to receive on return - 75% of original price (48000) plus the current price for second (32500). Also, a connection was shown with the Khadi udyog in Lucknow (my home address) where we were supposed to return the chingu blankets after 5 years.

We made an advance payment of Rs. 5000.

When we returned to Lucknow and tried checking with the Khadi Udyog, they told us that this concept is a complete fraud. We called the shop and told them that the lucknow khadi udyog mananger wants to talk to them, they immediately hung up. I tried repeatedly on the multiple numbers provided and got the same result.

Following are the details of purchase :
Shop - Ladakh Handloom and Khadi Udyog Emporium, Chharabara Shimla Hills, HP
Receipt Number : 9433
Date Of Purchase :[protected]
Shop Phone :[protected]
Amount Paid : Rs 5000/-

Please take this complaint forward to stop this fraudulent activities conducted by this shop and to help us in getting our money back.

Tuhin

Comments

shawls — not paying tax

kashmir specialities is the company who deels in shawls, i was there today for purchase but when i made my purchase i told them for the bill, thay didnt gaved me any bill, and thay were missbehaving with me, so please look in this matter,
adress of company is D-178 lajpathnagar ist new delhi
After returning the above mentioned chingu shawls, we contacted the "Chingu - Ladakh Handloom and Khaadi Udyog Emporium, Shimla" on phone. Unexpectedly they explained us that the scheme is authentic and we can still choose to get the chingu shawls couriered to us. If not, they will refund the money (Rs 5000) to our bank accounts. As we were in a indecision, we chose to take the refund back.

I am relieved to tell you that i have received the complete advance amount in my account. Now i don't have any grudges against the emporium.

Tuhin
D/S
I ALSO PURCHASED SAME CHINGU PACKAGE FROM PATNITOP J & K ONWAY TO SHRINAGAR.THE DETAILS ARE AS UNDER
LADAKH KHADI UDYOG CORPORATION
SHOP # 10, NEAR NAG MANDIR PATNITOP
BILL # 226 Dt.25/04/2010
CONTACT PERSON Mr.SAMEER THAKUR
MOBILE #[protected]
HE ALSO SHOWN ME LINK WITH OFFICE/SHOP LOCATED IN JAIPUR (RAJASTHAN)
HE SHOWN ME A AGREEMENT FORM TO BE RECEVED BY ME UNDER SIGNATURE OF AUTHOURITY OF LADKAH KHADI UDYOG CORPORATION, J&K AND ASSURED THAT IT WILL BE RECEIVED BY ME WITHIN ONE MONTH OF DELEVERY OF GOODS
I PAID Rs.1000/ AS ADVANCE & SIGNED BILL TO SEND ARTICLES BT VPP
I RECEIVED VPP & PAID REMAINING AMOUNT OF Rs.7400 ALONGWITH VPP CHARGES
I DID NOT RECEIVED AGREEMENT FORM AFTER ONE MONTH
I REMINDED Mr.THAKUR SOMANY TIMES ON HIS MOBILE Nos.
YET AFTER SIX MONTH I HAVE NOT RECEVED DULLY SIGNED AGREEMENT
I AM SURE IT IS CHEATING & FRAUD
PL BE AWARE ABOUT SHINGU
TR SINGHAL
B 30, DEV NAGAR
TONK ROAD
JAIPUR 302018
It's really true am also cheat by some one

Recent am visit to Jammu & Kashmir an in Katra am buy. One blanket set there is one blanket with 5 gifts. And cost only 6600/- INR and they offer me with 7 gifts and am choose Post and Pay option but when am open this packing we found total 2 item miss and everything which we r not choose it's cheat with us and now they can't pick my phones and if pick they disconnected my phones pls help me his no.: mr. Vickky +91-[protected], +91-[protected] and also make lots of fool by. Mr. Surendra .: +91- [protected]. firm Name.: M/s NAV Durga Handicraft Emporiun Reasi Road NAV Durga Mandir (katra) bill No. 187 Regd by J&K Govt.

Swati Shetty
Mob.: +91-[protected]
Dear Tuhin,

Can i have your contact no.? I am also a victim of the fraud from the same place ...i have already paid 6500 and yet to pay 9900 on reciept of the consignment..now i need to talk to u and know how to get my money back from these cheaters..

Rgds,
Dhiraj
Dear Tuhin,

My case is also similar then above people, I am also a victim of the fraud from the same place they had given us some kind of scheme, as we had seen this is government shop, we had faith on shopkeeper, and bought that scheme from their shop in shimla. they committed us that after 5years they will come at our given address and take their given item back behalf of it refund our money at current market price of the product, but we have completed 5years no one reached our place what contact no. they had given is also not in use, we took their number by net later came to know its textile customer care no. when we asked them Ladakh Handloom and Khaadi Udyog Emporium, Shimla contact no. what number they provided person who picked the call by that number after listened our query ignored the conversation and in revert said it’s a wrong number. Last from 5 years they people were making us fool.
Now I need to talk to u, assist me how can i approach you.
Request you to look into my matter.

Thanks & Regards,
Mr. Tilak Raj
[protected]/ [protected]

We purchased Chingu shawls and blankets worth 13200/- from the shop (total 11 items) - "LADAKH HANDLOOM & KHADI UDYOG EMPORIUM", This purchase was done for the authentic handmade products, We were also told that if we return the chingu shawl after 4 years, we will get a return of around 25, 000 /- as its value increases over time.

As the parcel was big, they said that they will provide a free home delivery and will also send an agreement from their head office at ladakh. Following are the details of the shop.

RECIEPT NO : 11225 dated 05/05/2011

Sumeet Sharma was the person who sold us these items, his contact details are [protected] / [protected].

We received the parcel in a very next week, We contacted them twice as we did not receive the head office agreement in next months, They responded saying same is dispatched to our address and will arrive within a week. We still did not receive it. Currently both the phone numbers are not reachable.

Requesting to assist in this.

Mahesh K
[protected]@gmail.com
I have also face similar problems regarding this. Its been a month and we are still waiting for the parcel. People we should find out a way to reach the Govt authorities and charge them with dues.
sir
i have purchased chingu package on rated 7100 rs fom manali . at the time of purchasing shopkeeper told us that it will be returned after 21 month and u will get 90% of current purchase money and maharaja wedding.after completion of 21 month when i go back for returning he is saying that i will not return it.sorry.i have not committed like this.so plz help me..
Hi Guys,
I am also in the same boat. I was also cheated at Patnitop. Following information may help :
For safeguarding the interests of tourists visiting the State, the Jammu & Kashmir Government has enacted a special legislation called "J&K Registration of Tourist Trade Act" under which some officers of the Tourism Department have been vested with magisterial powers, including the power of compounding, in case of cheating, overcharging, harassment, pestering, touting, etc. faced by tourists. Tourists are urged to contact the nearest tourism officer or the Deputy Director Tourism (Enforcement), with complaints, if any, or for solving problems faced by them.

Deputy Director Tourism (Enforcement), Tourist Reception Centre.

Tourist Police Station, Tourist Reception Centre, (Open 24 hrs)

Superintendent of Police (Tourism)
Telephone No.:[protected]
Mobile: +91-[protected]
E-mail: [protected]@rediffmail.com

I am going to write my complaint to this e-mail ID. Let us see what happens'

Rgds,

Sumrender Kundu

ladakh handloom and khadi udyog emporium — non delivery of product nor any refund of money

15 days back my family went to shimla and we booked chiroo shawl and accompanying gift from above ststed shop( they claim to be govt showroom) but till date we have received neither the shipment nor our money .on top of all they have given us wrong phone no
Dear All,

I am also victim of the same . And we had paid 12800 for two chingus. They had given us payment receipt and card of the same but no agreement paper even when we asked for it during the return journey again ( he claimed this khadi emporium to be Govt. authorised) .But when we inquired their MD number given on card he told us different story, that he is just an employee and does not know anything about chingu. Then we called the sales person ( Ayush Sharma ), he again tried to convince us but we asked him to return the money back but he told us that the courier charges and 5% service taxes will be deducted ( as he told us that he had sent the consignment ) and returned us Rs.8400. and we had taken 8400 back. We paid him Rs. 4400 without any reason . Kindly guide us how to teach them a lesson and how to take the money back .

Navneet

PHONE :[protected]
Last summer (July 2012) we visited Shimla Manali and Kullu. I feel that this Chingu business will definitely hamper the tourism very badly. Tourist cannot peacefully see the places as everywhere you go salesmen from these shops are after you asking 'Madam/Sir Chingu Chahiye Chingu" meaning Do you want Chingu? We felt it as a nuisance. Before landing in Shimla itself we were aware of this Chingu Fraud, Thanks to news media’s. The shops are forcing the people just to listen to their lecture about Chingu. Have visited many places in India, never felt this much trouble ever. It doesn't suits the rich experience we want to give our guests. Authorities please take action.

Mahesh Chandre
hiiiiii... i have also brought this chingu blanket and pay rs. 3800 the package is 10800 .. rest amout is 7000 rs i dont want buy this blanket, i want back my money.. Rs 3800... how can i get plz. help me...bill no.1904, shop name-ladakh handloom &khadi udyog emporium chharabra shimla h.p...
Me and my wife went to Kufri (Shimla) 23.12.2013. Our taxi driver recommended us to go to visit "LADAKH HANDLOOM & KHADI UDYOG EMPORIUM". He said that it’s a government shop, we went to that shop. They convinced us on the story that government has banned chingu killing and has
suggested an alternate way to get its wool by taking it from the neck of a newly born chingu goat which then requires 4-5 years to mature.For this time chingu blankets are given on rent(not sold), to be returned after 4-5 years with 75% refund. This was complemented with discounts and 6 free gifts.
The proposition costed us Rs 16, 400 and agreements were signed for chingu's as per the offer to receive on return - 75% of original price (32800) .

Also, a connection was shown with the Khadi udyog in Kolkata (my home address) where we were supposed to return the chingu blankets after 5 years.
He said within 40 days you will receive DULLY SIGNED AGREEMENT for this.
Purchase details are as follows:

RECIEPT NO : 1881 dated 23/12/2013

Ayush Sharma was the person who sold us these items, his contact details are [protected]

We tried to contact them now, but all the contact given by them was false. Both mobile and land line no not working.
They responded saying that the agreement will be dispatched to our address and will arrive within a week. We still did not receive it.

Later on we come to know that this concept is a complete fraud. We tried repeatedly on the multiple numbers provided and got the same result.

Please take this complaint forward to stop these fraudulent activities conducted by this shop with the tourist all over India & abroad and to help us in getting our money back.

He said within 40 days you will receive DULLY SIGNED AGREEMENT for this.
Purchase details are as follows:

RECIEPT NO : 1881 dated 23/12/2013

Sujoy Chakraborty
Kolkata
I am also the same victim of the chingu blanket fraud.
I had bought this blanket from the LADAKH HANDLOOM & KHADI UDYOG EMPORIUM on 3rd May 2009.
I had purchased the chingu for 7600 (actual cost 15200) and was told that the amount of 75% will be refunded after 5 years.
I got the delivery on time and had even contacted the contact person 'Rinku' long back in 2009.
In a months time I had received a Refund Card (Life Card) for the same receipt no. 7781 for which I had purchased the chingus.
However, for past several days when I thought of getting the refund, I couldn't contact the contact person.

Please help.

Contact No provided:[protected]
Also, I was provided with mobile no ([protected]) which gets connected to some other person in J&K.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhijeet Mohan Kabadi
Thane
+91-[protected]
They cheated me as well in the same way. We are now helpless. They made money. We should not leave them like this. If anyone visit their do fight.
There is a shop of winter clothes near Manu temple, Manali, named Sri Sai Handloom. Shop operators claim that thay are govt employees and get fixed salary based on sale and the shop is operated by J & K Handloom, a J & K govt department. They also claim that there are several shops like that. They sell a blanket claiming its made of fur of 'Chiru', a Kashmere goat. Previously this goat was killed to get fur from their throat but now due to efforts Menka Gandhi, killing of this goats have been banned. Nowadays fur is harvested from a 2 year child of these goats and no need to kill them. But these fur are immature and to make this fur mature, it requires body heat. So use the blanket for 21 months to 5 years maximum, reurtn it to us and get 75% money back. This fur will be returned to the government and it will be used for making of 10s of pashmina shawls which will be sold at 5k-10k per shawl. Thus the govt is offering the scheme so that people wil be benefited along with govt. They have several plans (i.e., Rs 8400, 10000 and upto 22000). They say that you will not find any information regardimg these schemes because govt want to sell it through women publicity and to encourage J & K tourism. Along with that blanket they provide 5-7 gifts (i. e, another blanket, 2 bedsheet sets, ladies suit, carpet, shawl) dependent on the package or to attract you towards this scheme. They show copies of several bills who purchased this package. They send the whole pack through India post at the address provided by you, but if you want to carry it along with you, they provide one more gift, a Loi. They claim that we have exhibitions time to time in different cities of India and you will get 25% discount on next purchase if you have a life membership worth Rs 500. They show a booklet having the Four Lion logo of govt of India and scheme information along with various branches in India.
Now read the reality. Throat hairs of'Chiru' (after killing the goat) were used for the production of Shahtoosh shawls, a type of very costly shawl, not for Pashmina shawl. Approx price of Shahtoosh shawl is 5k-6k dollars. But import and export of these shawls has been banned by world's most countries including India, China, Pakistan, Bhutan, US.
J & K govt website does not have any information regarding tha above said schemes. Moreover, the name of handloom departmnet of J & K govt is 'J & K State Handloom Development Corporation Limited'. So these shoppers are using look alike name to cheat people on the name of J and K govt.
I asked them regarding govt ID card, they were not able to produce it.
I asked them to provide details of customers to whom 75% money has been returned after 21 months. Again same result, they were not able to provide it.
They were not able to provide phone no of any branch.
Most importantly, the quality of the main blanket claimed to be made of Chiru fur is like a Rs 200 low quality Ludhiana blanket containing sticker of bla bla company without any address. How a bla bla company name is mentioned over the blanket if it is provided by J and K govt!!!
Test for pashmina and Shahtoosh fibre is the ash formation on burning but when I asked them to burn a fibre, they said its an immature fibre thus it won't give ashes. What rubbish is this?
So ultimately they sell their products by a scheme and do not send any money back after 21 months. Beware of these type of cheaters. Guys use your head and don't be fool.
See this link for more information on Pashmina and Shahtoosh
www.fws.gov/lab/idnotes/shahtoosh-web.pdf
Dear All,
Even I had been tricked by these people in Shimla. I had already made a payment of Rs5200/- and would be made to pay Rs. 8000/- on receiving the consignment. When I contacted the concerned person and asked him to cancel the order and make a refund of the amount, he said that this is not possible as the payment was made by credit card. Kindly advise me as what to do.
XYZ

Chingu - Ladakh Handloom and Khaadi Udyog Emporium, Shimla - Fraud in selling Chingu Blankets/Shawls

Company:Chingu - Ladakh Handloom and Khaadi Udyog Emporium, Shimla