[Resolved]  Intertek India — No expert available as per international rules and guidelines

This company purchased the Quality Registrar business from KPMG in 2005 end. Systematically, to reduce cost and increase profit margin from 50% to 80% (!!!) the company had sent out the the experts from its rolls and has inexperienced staff in India and claims as International body. QCI's NABCB do not enquire the accredited certificates issued by it of RvA. For auditing Mechanical Engg companies this body sends M.Sc Microbiologist!!!
Any one looking into this for more details write to me at [protected]@hotmail.com. I will provide you more evidences to proceed.

Comments

I am a consultant in this field for 15 years and deal with Intertek. I agree with the comments of Corporate Quality. QCI - NABCB should take up this matter.
I am also sufferer of this attitude by Intertek. Mr. Rajesh Saigal and Mr. Dileep are the root cause of this
The issue raised by corporate Quality is valid one. NABCB and Association of Certification Bodies in India should look into this. Mr. Aman Preet Bhatia is the root cause of this problem
I was head of South of Intertek. When i raised the above issue of mismanagement i was asked to resign by the company and making the fellow below me as my boss.
I had worked as Scheduler for the Bangalore office of Intertek. I agree with the notings since for many software companies i have to schedule auditors who do not have software industry experience
I was with Intertek in Bangalore office. Over a period of time Intertek has become too obsessive with profitability and has little respect for provisions of ISO 17021 standard. They do not have required experts and the auditors are not having sufficient experience, that's all i could say
Based on this complaint and other serious issues which came to NABCB's notice, INTERTEK SYSTEM CERTIFICATION IN INDIA is suspended from list of accredited bodies which means they cannot issue ISO 9001 certificate anymore in India. Let us see, whether Intertek changes its present leadership of system certification and bring in executives from Europe/ America to run the business.
I WAS WORKING FOR INTERTEK INDIA FROM 1997 TO 2005. I WAS HEADING THE COUNTRY'S OPERATIONS OF THE CONSUMER GOODS DIVISION ENGAGED IN TESTING AND INSPECTION. HAVING BEEN IN THIS FIELD FOR MORE THAN 35 YEARS I CAN PROUDLY SAY THAT INTERTEK INDIA WAS THE BEST COMPANY IN TERMS OF MAINTAINING THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF TESTING AND INSPECTION. THE IMPARTIALITY AND INTEGRITY MAINTAINED IN THESE AS A THIRD PARTY AGENCY I AM SURE VERY FEW COULD MATCH ESPECIALLY IN INDIA. THE SYSTEM CERTIFICATION BUSINESS WAS STARTED ONLY WHEN I WAS JUST LEAVING. HENCE I CANNOT COMMENT ABOUT THAT. BUT ONE CANNOT GENERALISE THE ENTIRE INTERTEK GROUP BY THESE ACTS AND OMISSIONS OF THE SYSTEMS CERTIFICATION GROUP
To,

Respected Sir,

We would like to introduce ourselves as one of the leading manufacturers of Leather / Shoe finishing chemicals in India. We cater our eco friendly chemicals for Leather / Non leather Footwear, Leather Garments, Goods, Saddle & Harness and Sole (PU, PVC, TPR, Leather, rubber etc.) industry since last three decades to support them in making product of technical, economical and ecological advantage.

While keeping in mind that nowadays Shoe Industry is fully online to occupational safety & working environment, we have develop highly innovative products and technologies with the meticulous concern for consumer safety and compliances to the latest environmental standards like REACH & EN etc. in our well equipped in-house research & development department who has never let us down and has successfully brought the results desired. Our claims are been checked by all available options at the optimum to the entire satisfaction of our customers, not only in India but overseas as well.

Further to know more about us you may please visit our following websites wherein our product range with their specifications are been placed for your ready reference:

www.dhuparchemicals.co.in

At last but not the least we request you to provide us an opportunity to introduce our Company's product & to make you understand the uses & results of the same, in the connection we would like to have an appointment to see you in person. Our technical executives are always on their toes to be at your service.

Awaiting your valued response

Thanks with kind regard,

Dinker Bajpai
Technical-Executive
M: +91-[protected]
E: [protected]@dhuparchemicals.co.in
Dhupar Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
7/82, Tilak Nagar,
Kanpur -208002
U.P. (India)
Intertek sucks in USA also. Most of the VPs are without any knowledge of the industry. They keep purchasing new companies to make profit but fail to do so becuase of internal politics and procedures. Intertek is a paper heavy company and they do have the worst HR team in the industry lead by Laurie Conley. She is the root of all the problems also and it's not just the VP's. Intertek's HR department does not even respond to their employees. Employees cannot complain about HR else they will fired.

It's just matter of time till economy improves and most of the people on my group will leave and go work for a different test lab. Let's not forget that these people will take clients with them also.
Agree completly with this view. India CG have a very idot Regional Director, with out industry experience. He is very pron for female employee and use to watch all days to secretary only.

I do not understand how management is bearling all this thing. He should be removed with notice.
Hi guys,
Victory to You. Intertek India has dismissed Director - operations of SC and four others last monday from the services. There is another gentleman who escaped this as per my investigations. Mr. Vivekanandan of South operations. This gentleman has a cliche of people Mr. T S Santhanam (Technical expert - who doesn't know about construction - let some panel interview him to verify), Mr. P Venkatraman (Outsourced auditor who do not know about Environment management systems and this senior man is used as EMS auditor!!!). Mr. Vivekanandan has a vicious design of surviving by certifiing Sundaram Fasteners Limited and its suppliers overlooking their serious short comings in management systems. SFL earlier certified by BVQI and moved to Intertek for lighter audits by this Gentleman. This Gentleman by his vicious designs became boss of his boss and senior(Ms Jayanthi Dorairaj and Mr. Jayathirtha)
Whether, the strategic team from UK will investigate on this and take appropriate actions?
Let our crusade on disciplining Intertek System certification's Indian operations. DNV, are you listening?
Preclosure Notifier
It is good that you are bringing out and sharing this information. Keep it up. We should work hard to improve the credibility of Management System Certifications.
I used to head this system certification but i was totally dependent upon this Director - operations since i do not have any knowledge on ISO 17021 though i worked for certification bodies. My job was bring business and perform audits. I have to resign from my job because of this person. Any way, justice has been done.
Intertek India is continuously improving its quality and management. During this process we have recently released staff in India. Comments on this blog may be influenced by dismissed parties and this should be taken into account.

Corporate Communications, Intertek Group - London
[protected]@intertek.com

12 April 2010
Intertek Corporate Communications,
Good you have commitment for Quality. The question is are you going to act against the some of the names raised in this blog and their actions? Your posting this message is a damage control prior to DNV merger since many of DNV auditors do not want to join Intertek and all of them have offers from other certification bodies. Every DNV auditor speaks to erstwhile KPMG auditors and stafff whom you guys systematically "dismissed" of your own words. Same thing will happen to DNV auditors also! This blog will go on and on, may be with some other erring certification bodies.
I request to do not believe above rubbish. It is universally accepted that every big or small company has various kind of politics in place. Its not the matter of Intertek only, every big CB is doing like this. There are so many CBs who are not doing audits also and issuing certificates just like vegetables. Everybody knows this including top management of all CBs. Nobody has taken any step. Intertek has tried a lot to give best to the industry. Now it is proved that "who got caught, is a thief". Well Intertek has taken some corrective actions to get smooth and we should say best of luck to them.
Unncessarily my name has been dragged into this blog. I am a very straightforward person and the other two persons Mr. Santhanam and Mr. Venkatraman are Gem of personalities and they help me out in running the business. Who ever writing this blog please bear it in mind it will affect my career permanently.
Om Sairam
Based on various information brought to my notice i withdraw the above comment by me. I agree with others
Subject to legal, regulatory, and competition approval, the 1, 700 DNV employees (out of a total of 9, 000 DNV employees) will be transferred to Intertek after the closing, which is expected during spring 2010.
What is going to happen to all of this 1700 by spring 2012? In the name of quality and management & to reduce cost and increase profit margin, Intertek will release atleast 1000 of them and replace with 250 low cost employees. Let the accreditation boards - UKAS, RvC, ANAB, NABCB monitor this since Intertek communication promised "Quality and Improvement"! We have already seen this in case of acquisitions in US, UK and Swden. Ms. Carina Ekblom, Please provide information on this.

Complaint categoryCategory: Other