[Resolved]  KITEC — Leakage problems in concealed KITEC plumbing lines

I had chosen to use KITEC (http://www.kitecindia.com) pipes in my residence plumbing two years back. Ever since the line was being laid there were repeated leaks in the line even during the testing. Every time there was a leak found I aired my concern to the material supplier (Parag Shah) & plumber (Mahendra) but both of them claimed that they had installed the same piping in a large number of residences & commercial/industrial building including hotels & hopspitals and their users are very happy. By hook or crook they finished setting up the piping simultaneously while I was out frequently travelling out of town & country. Upon my arrival from the last tour during which they finished the last phase I found several wet patches on the walls. I called them & asked them to correct the same. They did so & tested the lines. Upon their clearance the walls were plastered. After some time some of the joints again started leaking which was visible on the plastered walls as wet patches. Plaster was removed from the portions where the leaky pathces showed & the corrections were made.

After such repeated corrections & various justification both the agencies finally left my site after a lot of blame game to each other. Among all these things I was the sufferer who had spent much more than conventional 'C' class GI pipes and also spent a lot of time and efforts to get the things right.

As if this was not enough to trouble me one more leak has cropped up again after two years from the back of my main bathroom. Upon informing both the agencies I found that they again started passing the buck & started blaming each other. I can not understand how can I get out of this KITEC mess? Can any body help or guide me? Is KITEC company listening? Do you have somebody responsible for the customer complaints in your company? I visited the website but there is no section that can take care of customer complaints. Please help me whoever can!

Harshad Banker
Aug 13, 2020

Comments

Open kitecindia web site and take the phone number and call HO, Mumbai, Speak to MD Avinash Laddha, definitely he will solve your problem
Where are you located?
I Shri Keshab Chandra Bal Proprieter of M/s Bal Plumbing System my office at D-2/67, Chhattarpur Pahari, New Delhi -110074. Now Ara Constructiion Ltd. awaded me a Hospital project at Ashok Vihar, New Delhi. So, I kindly request you to send the rate of the follwoing items given below. Approxmate qty 2000 meters. My mobile No.[protected].

a) 20 mm dia
b) 25 mm dia
c) 32 mm dia
d) 40 mm dia
e) 50 mm dia
Dear Harshad,

I completly agree with you as i had faced the same problem few year back with kitec pipes, they were leaking again and again, the marketing ppl try to convience you alot and show you something and give you something. The quality of the pipes were not same as they showed earlier. i had installed black pipe in one of my projects and after few months it stated leaking, i called the plumber many times but no use, they had give few black fitting and dint look standard also and was giving a local manufactured, i had lost of money because of the leak and though never to use kitec pipe again,

Recently i got to know that Jindal is also making Composite pipes, their marketing guy came to explain and i said lets give another try as Jindal is a well known brand in pipeline and they gave full assurance also. The best part is that they have different pipes for hot and cold as per international standards and their pipes is better also.

I have been using Jindal MLC pipes since 1 yrs and they are perfectly working fine and i am very happy with it, may be you can try Jindal Pipe this time and see the difference. they have world class fittings also.

Varun
shift to sant rifeng pipes ! rifeng is the world biggest producer and sant is a trusted brand name

jindal pipe GI — damage of jindal pipe

I have to great loss due leakage of GI pipe (Jindal) which was purchased from M/s Gupta sanetory Raebareli (UP).

A P Singh [protected]
i was using kitec pipes, had a horrible experience, tried Vectus - they are always shory of fittings . tried Jindal but the quality of the pipes is too poor. now i have tried Sant - Rifeng composite pipes in my project in jalandhar- hats off the to the company personnel - amazing quality - and woderful sales service. along with this they gave me a written guarantee of 50 years on the products . what wlse can i ask for !!!
I also going to start with KITEC but now after going through the problems explained by Mr. Harshad above I will go for GI PIPES. See where the company personnels do not care for the customer, genuine buyer will not proceed with them. At least I do not want to see the products of like this careless company.
You Guys Better go for Nexgen ISI pipes They frovide FOS for all our problems and their representative is present while piping is done
their distributor no is [protected]
Please Suggest which one is better (for residential purpose) among GI pipes (Jindal C class/Tata Pipes) or MLC (Kitec/Jindal Tubes/Kisan/Sant Rifeng)

Please suggest asap.

Required[protected] ft at Rohtak, Haryana.

Kindly provide representative contact number of Sant Rifeng Pipes for haryana (NCR) region.
Share your experience (advantages & disadvantages) of plumbing as per above said brands or better than above.
If anyone know the latest prices of Pipes.
we used the santrifeng composite pipe and plumbing system and there is no leakage .. pipe was installed 2 years back, company give 50 yrs warranty, for more contact detail visit the site www.santrifeng.com
Having read all the above views please suggest me how is Uniflex MLC Pipes. i have come across this product while google search. It also has ISI and is competitively priced.
Please suggest.
Uniflex MLC Pipes, are good in quality and reasonably priced. You can contact their dealers at Hyderabad. Shrii Vaishnavi Marketing.
I made a 120 room hotel in palampur and I searched for pipes like GI pipes, CPVC and also composite pipes. After finalising composite pipes, I had to chose nexgen or Kitec or Jindal or SantRifeng. Nexgen quality and quality of Jindal Pipes/fittings was not what I as looking for. Only Kitec and Rifeng were the ones to chose from. In the end I went for Sant pipes because of the support and especially because of the quality of the pipes and fittings. I sourced it from them directly from Jalandhar because the company had no dealer in palampur. Till now it has been a good experience and I have not faced any problems. Their team was very helpful and they also sent their engineers for testing free of charge. I would recommend SantRifeng in terms of composite pipes.
I recently constructed a 120 bedroom hotel in palampur, HP. I was confused between GI and multilayer pipes for my project. After considering multi-layer pipes as the best option, I searched and found a few companies like Kitec, Sant-Rifeng, Nexgen and Jindal. When I looked into Nexgen and Jindal, they were not of the right quality, So, I dropped them. Finally I chose to go with Sant-Rifeng as the company is the biggest distributor of Multi-layer pipes in the whole world and their quality was perfect. Their team was very hospitable and they also sent their engineering team for testing plumbing in the whole hotel FREE of cost. Also, their team was responsive whenever their was any shortage in any fiiting at the site. Kitec had a lot of leakage complaints when I asked about them to some people as some people have already mentioned. That is why I chose Sant-rifeng pipes over other brands. I hope this helps.

Complaint categoryCategory: Appliances