[Resolved]  Optima Resources, Inc — Jov/Visa scam

Letter from optimaresources.com:

Your application approved for job/ H1-B Visa for USA
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:15:02 +0530
Dear Candidate:

This email is in response to you resume that you posted on a job search portal. Your resume has been short listed after the initial screening. If you are interested and are still looking for a job in America , please forward your resume to the resource manager assigned to you and call her at any of the following phone numbers.

Optima Resources, Inc. is an established consulting firm specializing in bringing together companies seeking to fill permanent and temporary positions with qualified individuals looking for new opportunities. As an established consulting company, we get a large number of projects with specialized requirements through our direct clients as well as a large pool of primary vendors.

As part of these requirement processes, we are constantly in need and search of consultants with a wide variety of skills. We are currently accepting applications and are seeking talent in several functional areas. If you need more information about the hiring process or our company please feel free to contact the resource associate or visit us on our website www.optimaresources.com.

Please also note that the numbers of work visa available for the year 2007 are limited. In 2006 H1b visa exhausted within the first 60days. A large number of candidates could not get a job in America because they did not act in time. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience to expedite your hiring process.

We look forward to your resume and to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Meenakshi Sarkar

H.R. Manager

Optima Resources Inc.
190, Lincoln Highway ,
Route 27, Edison
New Jersey 08820.
USA.

Phone:[protected],[protected],[protected],[protected],[protected],[protected], Fax:[protected], Mon-Fri; 8:30 am- 5:00pm EDT/ New York Time, i.e. (Indian Standard Time 7:00 PM To 3:30 AM )

E-mail- [protected]@optimaresources.com (Resources Manager)
Visit our Website: www.optimaresources.com

Due to heavy rush of calls if you find it difficult to get through to our numbers in early hours i.e. between 8.30 to 13.30 Hours US Time/6.30 PM to 12.00 Midnight Indian Time, please try after these hours when there is comparatively low call rush.

Comments

Letter from optimaresources.com:

Your application approved for job/ H1-B Visa for USA
Date: Sat, 2nd march 2008 14:15:02 +0530
Dear Candidate:

Please also note that the numbers of work visa available for the year 2008 are limited. In 2007 H1b visa exhausted within the first 60days. A large number of candidates could not get a job in America because they did not act in time. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience to expedite your hiring process.

We look forward to your resume and to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Richa

Human Resorce Head

Optima Resources Inc.
190, Lincoln Highway ,
Route 27, Edison
New Jersey 08820.
USA.

E-mail- [protected]@optimaresources.com (Resources Manager)
Visit our Website: www.optimaresources.com

[protected][protected][protected][protected]
hello fnds,

i got this mail by last week.....well they had msg me last january (2007) too...bt i had not replied....but when i replied by this year ,they have sent me a employmwnt application form & compant brochure too....

i am very confused for wt shoult i do????????????

is it true?????? plz reply soon if any one o[censored] know anything abt it.....
they have given me a constraint time upto 15th april to fullfill the form & sent them back.....

Reply awaited..

Gayatri
Its a fraud.

Check this thread.

even i was nearly [censored]D by them
I also think the same thing,
I too received the mail and also they have taken interview.
then now they are asking for 3000$ for visa application.....

I think it is fraud company.
I too received similar offers from email ids like [protected]@optimaresources.com, [protected]@optimaresources.com, [protected]@optimaresources.com etc. They initially asked to make a call to them, so did i , and somebody named (himself) as David, explained their terms and conditions. I made note of the T & C asking them to confirm, they never confirm by email. Again, they say that they will provide an offer letter, wherein they will specify some other amount (than what they committed to pay in an hourly basis, $55-65). The do not perform a proper interview or candidate profile/genuinness etc. These are the feedback i can give. There are reviews about them, http://www.419scam.org/jobs-accurum-technologies-llc.htm#cld-associates-consulti... and http://fraudwatchers.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-7608.html. If you have a friend in NJ near edison, they can easily find out their genuinty.
Dear Friends,

I have receive same mail if this fraud so we will file complaint againts this type of mails.

This is MOHAMMAD AFZAL
SPECIAL FRAUD SCHEME INVESTIGATIOR
I have also received this type of Fraud E-mail from Optima. My suggestion is never give any type reply to this type of fraud company otherwise you will loose your money and time.

Shirish
Folks,

I get it same and I talked with Richa few days back· I came to know that they are not fraud and they are established firm. Richa even mentioned that she have contain her clients list and put logos on her website besides if they are fraud how come they are still operating in USA? where after Enron corporate rules has been revised. Its an interesting thing to me! another fact that she had metioned is that she said yes they do charge money which is a security deposit and they maintain this money just to ensure that candidate has to come and join their client as she told me that many times she come across such issue where her selected personnel were not able to show up resulting bad reputation of their name and client relation.
On fraud

she said that they along with six other firms sue them as they are creating such hype just to get internet traffic on their website and generate revenue!!

If any one else can come across such issue it would be far more better to eliminate such chances and do report to the Security & Exchange Commission o[censored]SA instead through finger on it.

--ZQ
Don'f forget, Optima Ressources and Accurum Technologies are the same crooks. They tend to ask for money by phone so that there are no written documents. They have been doing this for several years and it's only in the past few months that the whole scam seems to have surfaced. They must have ripped off a lot of people.

Also keep in mind that there are dozens such shady companies in the U.S.A. All promising job & H1B visa to hundreds of people when in fact they may have 1 single job available, thereby collecting dozens of exorbitant fees. For them, this stolen money is their main source of revenue.
I feel I must comment after this period of time (having only just had my attention brought to it) on the post made 57 days ago by your contributor "Zeeshan Haq", by firstly observing that I have never heard so much utter drivel and balderdash in my life. I'll address the pertinent points made in reverse order...

He/She stated: "as they are creating such hype just to get internet traffic on their website and generate revenue!!"

Zeeshan, if you bothered to look at the Fraudwatchers.org website, you will immediately notice the distinct lack of advertising on there... so where on earth is the revenue generated? There is an option for users and members to donate to help support the website, but this is entirely optional and certainly not mandatory - even forum membership is free! There is also the choice to purchase merchandize, but since January 2008, a total of 2 items have been bought, generating a fantastic net gain of around $10. If that's what you call generating revenue, then I'll move to wherever you're located, because the cost of living must be zero!

And yes, of course we want to increase our website traffic... to ensure that we reach as many people as possible to warn them about scams such as this one.

I'll continue...
He/She stated: "she said that they along with six other firms sue them"

Really?? I've yet to see any documentation that corroborates this somewhat ludicrous notion. We were contacted by someone who purported to be a lawyer acting on behalf of both Accurum Technologies and Optima Resources, but when we requested specific details of their allegation of defamation, they failed to respond... twice. And this was for one very single yet extremely important reason: their claims were completly without foundation, and could not in any way be legally supported or substantiated. They were fully aware that, had they decided to take us to court, they would have had their own somewhat dubious business practices held up to scrutiny; a situation they could ill afford, considering their rather shady ethics.

This was yet another post by an Optima/Accurum stooge; several had been appearing around two months ago before they decided to try and become "legit". Hopefully, with the silence that now prevails from that quarter, they are trying their hardest to put their scamming practices behind them and to provide an honest service to their fellow countrymen. Too much time and effort has been put into this scheme of theirs to simply pack it all up and start afresh; now that they have been exposed for what they are, we can only hope that they will see the error of their ways and put their skills to genuine useage. Only time will tell... and we, at fraudwatchers.org, are watching...
Friends,

Believe me this company will give u a hard time.
I (fool) gave them USD 3000 for the H1 Visa processing in March.
I was told that they are processing in all 220 H1 applications, my documents were accessed by their attorney and with a petition was submitted to US Consulate ( I doubt they even took that much pain).

Then they told me that I will not be given any tracking number as my application might not have selected in the random selection procedure ( lottery) ( unlucky me).

They ask me to wait for few more days, weeks, months. I kept calling then every week for a status. Finally I was told that it might be rejected so they will deduct USD 750 and will return the remaining amount.

Since then all are on vacation, its been 2 months and I am still following with them for the refund.

Not sure if I will get back the amount or not.

Please do not apply for visa with this company, Try to go through a company which has a office in your own city since sometime and only if any of your friend had a good experiance.

I am planning to report about this company to the US Consulate and I think I have enough proofs for this.

Dear Friends,

Dont ever get into any deal with regard to H1B, Optima resources/ Reliable associates are big fraud, first they will say that you qualify for the position available in USA.Thereafter they will ask you to send 4400$ to there bank of america account and then they will file your H1B petition if by luck you get selected in lottery you are totally trapped... they will make your life miserable. they are big FRAUD company o[censored]SA And if you dont get selected in H1B lottery they will refuse you to refund your money which you have invested.

This all had happened with me and my other three friends from different locations. we all met on a blog. we are group of four who suffered a lot. We had filed fraud report to American Embassy, Further we responded to Investigations from USCIS Office of Fraud Detection and National Security, U.S. Department of homeland secuirty (U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services) few weeks back they have done the recording of our telephonic conversation in there presence from counslate itself, there are about 70+ complaints file against optima resources & reliable associates against fraud (KEY PEOPLE INVOLVE : Richa, Akshay, Manish, Bob, Puja) they will be soon in-prison for what they are doing because there are sufficient & strong evidence against them. We able to gather 29 similar cases reported by people with same company. join us... lets fight against fraud. If you want your money back from theses pls contact us : [protected]@rediff.com

thanks,
Robert
hello,
this is krishan nagwan nad i had applied in your company last year, but i was not eligible on that time, because i was doing my b.tech in computer science.i had talked to richa ma'am.now i have done my bachelor degree. can i apply now?.and what shoud i do now?

thanks
I was not knowing about fraud watcher. Beliving the words of [protected]@optima I sent him $4400 in february 2007. Now no visa or money. Please guide me to get back the money.

Suresh.
I have also remitted an amount of 2200 USD in the year 2006 for H1B1 VISA. and they told me that I have not been shortlisted. they then said that they would refund the invested money. till now no refund . Can anyone guid me now
Same here too. Even I paid the money and got cheated by a person by name Girish in Optima. Can Someone guide me how to get this money back

Optima Resources / H1B Visa — Cheating

I am a victim of H1-B. Do you think we will get money back ? I paid US$3500/- on behalf of my wife and consulate interview was December 2008. She got 221(g). Now no reply for phone call and e-mails. We are in UAE can I do something from here ? Can you please reply me
Guys,

Optima Resources Ics, is totally a fraud company and I am the victim to prove you they are fraud. They have taken $4400 from me in the year 2007 by saying they will file my H1B i was literally waiting for 2 years to get the update from them; however when i ever i call them they use to ignore my calls and never ever use to reply my mails to be precise they have not even given acknowledgment for the pay order they have received from me.

Finally i have lost my patience and started blasting them on the calls and the worst part is they are not americans and they are our own Indians often change the names like ( Sameer alias Sampaul, Richa, Vidhya, Raj alias Rajendran, David and what not.

Hence i have decided to pick up a fight with them and my intention was to get that $4400 back from them along with the bank interest. So i have decided to sue them and i was actually browsing through to take a revenge and luckily i have read the review and gone through the website of Better Business Bureau and i was very much impressed with the reviews and handling complaints. So i have decided to write a mail to them and explained the whole scenario how this has happened etc.

I never called them or they never it was exchanging of mails and in the 3rd mail i got the resolution and the Optima resources has returned my money with 20% interest.

Hence i appeal to all of you not to get carried away with such mails as i did and please edify yourself like how i did none of the consultants or companies will ask for money in advance to get you the job hence please be aware even if it is genuine have a doubly check and proceed.

Hope my bitter explain will help and save lot of people from these kind of scams.

Thanks & Regards,