[Resolved]  Private Hospital : Chetna Clinic & Nursing Home, Siliguri, West Bengal — Negligence in issue of Hospital bills

I have the honour to prefer this appeal for your kind appraisal that my wife Mrs Sikha Nath had undergone a surgery (removal o[censored]terus) at Chetna Clinic cum Nursing Home, Jalpai More, Siliguri - 734 005, back in May, 2009 by Dr. Samiran De. I had to incur an expenditure towards the Nursing, cost of Medicines etc. apart from a total cost of Rs.18,000/-
Unfortunately Sir, I was provided with a simple slip pad for an amount of Rs.15,000/- which was signed but the Doctor did not consider it necessary to put his Rubber stamp below his signature and as a consequence thereof the authenticity of those bills may invite questions about its validity. There are few more such slips those are not even bearing the signature also, On being contacted, I was informed that since the case was an old one of about 6 months I was even refused by the Doctor to provide me with a simple valid certificate of the expenses. This indeed a violation of ethics on the part of Dr. Samiran De and deserves for being interrogated for the act of negligence and that for his surreptitious act of course, to conceal the earning and to cheat a patient. All those documents wee handed over to my sickly wife who is simply a house wife and much conversant with the procedure of receiving bills.

May I solicit an immediate remedial measure from your good offices to have at least a certificate indicating the amount paid to his clinic in connection with the operation of my wife.

Relevant documents, cash slips and the prescriptions are sent to your honour for kind scrutiny. I shall be grateful to you for an expeditious action to obtain my legitimate document issued by the said Doctor.

With sincere regards, Sir